Family Is My Priority.

Family Is My Priority.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath

"Hello Karan, you father has got heart attack yesterday night please come home as soon possible." Mom said with tears.

Why didn't you call me at night mom? Everything will be fine mom, please don't be scared I'll come earliest possible. What happened to my dad all of a sudden? What is wrong with his health? He always keep on checking his BP and all that. All the way to home I am thinking about dad, he is a nice guy and taught me everything personally when I was a kid. The discipline in me is his gift, he talks about human values always. How could Gob be so rude to him?

I reached the station, then I go to hospital straight away. When I see mom, she is really tensed and little sister is crying. My uncle Shivadar is taking care of all the hospital formalities and fees. When mom see me she cried, she can't say a word but her tear. Sister is studying in school very scared, she is still little to bare all this. Dad is in doctor's observation nurses are running like they are catching a running soul from dad's body. I hold my tears, if I let them go mom and sister will be scared more.

After two complete hours doctor come outside. " He has minor attack. Has he been in tension for somedays? It looks because of lot of pressure he has got this. This time it is okay, but next time it may prove dangerous take proper care of him." Doctor said.

After doctor left us alone, I turn to mom and asked. What is wrong with him? Is there anything that you hid from me?

"Yes brother, there is something they hid from you. Dad's business is running low nowadays, buyers complaing about the clothes, this much only I know."

What is wrong with you mom? You should tell me about it before, why did you hide this?

"Your father stopped me saying all this to you Karan, he didn't want you to get disturbed, he thought it might affect your studies."

How much they care about me and he wanted to see me an MBA graduate. Indeed I'm not studying properly with very silly reasons. Let me drop my studies I can't continue with lot confusions in my life. All night I was awake and had no sleep. This may be the first day since three years that I think not about Rekha at night. She is my angel heavenly angel, I don't want to loose her at any cost. After dad will be okay let me meet her.

Mom is calling me to have breakfast, dad will be taken to home today all the night uncle took care of dad. They are the model for brothers relationship. If one gets hurt another will cry. This is their bonding, nobody can separate them. I and sister finished breakfast, forced mom to have but she has not but got ready to leave for hospital instead. Dad saw me in hospital and demanded who informed me about his health condition.

Nobody when I called mom she said she is in hospital so I come home dad,nobody in here is to blame. Let us go home dad, since year we haven't spend time together. Well how are you my hero? "I'm fine son as healthy as horse". Before I meet my dad doctor advised me to take proper care of him because his health condition is not that good to bare sudden shocks and worries. He has always a model to my life, I take an oath, I'll take care of him.

Its afternoon, mom looks so worried. She may be scared of dad's sudden heart attack. Since their marriage she has been his shadow all along their journey togather. She may feel some fear of loosing him.

Hey mom what are you thinking? Everything will be fine my angel. Be easy, I'll take care of everything.

"Your dad's business is running not in low but in loss son." she said with low voice.

What! In loss?

"Yes, it is son. That is why he is worrying a lot worrying. He owe money to a moneylender."

Its okay mom, don't be scared I'll tale care of dad and his business.

"What about your studies son? This is the reason he forced me to hide everything from you. It is his dream that you complete MBA."

Its all fine I can complete MBA at any time, but being a son of this home this is my responsibility to take care of my dad and his business. Family is my priority than studies.

I promised mom to handle dad's business but I'm totally new to this field, fine God is there with me. I'll fulfill his dream of MBA one day not this time. I'm in confusion with my heart and mind, family and studies. Let me clear all these one by one. My phone is ringing, let me take that call first.

"Hey, hi how is your dad?" Rekha asked.

Yeah, he is fine, now in home. Who told you all this?

"Your friend Niranjan. Its okay your father is fine. Then how are you?"

I'm fine. Shall we meet tomorrow?

"Yes ofcourse Karan. Text me the address and time. Everything will be fine okay take care of your family. See you tomorrow."

She talked me very concernly, I'm so happy for that. I have to take care of my family, now my concern is family and I'll bring it back to happiness as it was once.

.......................................

I'm waiting for her arrival and don't know what to talk. Now I'm not ready to confess my feeling to her, let us be friends now. I think this is not the right time.

"Hi, how are you Karan?"

She took my hand on her palm it was so warm. I feel she understands better than my first angel, when I'm worried she caress me something like that only.

Yeah I'm fine. How is your seminar going?

"Its all done, okay let it what happend to your father? How it all happend?" She asked.

She shows concern to my family, thats what I expect from my future wife. She looks changed I mean from kid to a matured girl. She is perfect now in all the sense. We spend time together till 7pm. Its already late Karan I'll go home, mom will be worried if I do little more late. She left soon and disappeared in tree line.

I'm very much impressed by her today's talk. She is good looking, understands the situation very well and have good ideas to manage that. I have to go back Banglore and take all the things and bike back to here. I informed mom not to tell dad about my situation, till I return from there. She said yes too. I have to leave early in the morning so that I can come back soon. I kept my alarm and slept soon.

.................

Its 5am in station uncle is saying not come back and he'll take care of everything. I said its fine uncle you are with me in times of need, but now I want to take the full responsibility of my family till dad gets back to better health.

"You are pulling me out of the family son." Uncle said.

No, uncle don't misunderstand me please. In a year or two Hema di's wedding may occur, you gotta save something don't spend it on us now. She is my ever best sister and Tarun is my little brother. I'm glad I have uncle and aunt who are with us in times of need. Okay uncle don't worry, I'll be back soon. Don't tell it dad until I come back.


© 2015 Prabha Salimath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 11, 2015
Last Updated on August 11, 2015


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing