Mechanical Life.

Mechanical Life.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath

" How it all happened? Have you got seriously injured? You should be careful, how many times I have to tell you, please stay awake while walking on the road. But you are a stupid girl and still be that little stupid girl. You always lost in stupid thinkings. Now what happened open your locked mouth and speak up. "

My mom she is terrified, angry too and in one breath she said all that. Mother is mother only, she had said many times to stay safe, she doesn't know what I'm going through. My life is mechanical, I laugh with lots of tears in it, cooking is a help that I do to my mom, Srusti is my best friend with whom I share my feelings when I tell her stories, I go to school because I don't want to be alone. If I'm alone nothing left to me but cry. No happiness I have in my life and I don't have strength to cry for what I lost. I know its precious what I lost but I want to keep it safe in my heart rather let it go through tears.

" Don't yell at her, she is injured. Its an accident first let us know is she okay? Later discuss how it all happened. "

My father takes my side always, he finally succeded. They are cool and well set. Now its turn of my in-laws, they started the enquiry and for God sake they finished it concisely. They ask where is their son? I would suppose to meet him, but everything was spoiled by Karan. I don't want to see him again in my life never ever. I heard Bindhu's voice, is she here? Who informed her? With whom she is talking? May be she is in call with her fiance.

" Hey beautiful how is your leg? " Bindhu asked.

I signalled her to keep quite, then she saw my parents and in-laws. She exchanged some formal words with them and tell them to leave me in her care.

" Auntie I'll take care of her here and you guys can leave the hospital, Srusti is alone in the home, she phoned me while I'm on the way to hospital. Don't worry I'll ask the doctor what food they insist her, later you can bring."

She let them go to home and they trust her with no second thoughts. She is like another daughter to them, and my best friend and sister, very much wanted me to get married soon because many times my parents talked to her about my marriage. When I said no they tried to say me Yes through her and I'm so adamant stick to my heart and said 'No' firmly. She closed the door and come to me running.

" Now tell me have you seen the guy? how is he? I think you would be mesmerised by his face, thats why you met with an accident I guess. Let me know everything I'm so curious to know. " she asked.

I thought she is concerned about me but she wanted to know how is the guy. Yet I haven't seen him, what I have to tell about him, if I say no I have to explain what all happened and ofcourse about Karan. I don't want any comments, ideas and any suggestions about him. Yeah I have met him, I lied to her, he is a nice guy, I feel I'll be happy with him as you said. We had a great time.

First let me know who informed you that I met with an accident and I'm in this hospital? I heard your out of the door, you speaking with someone else. Who was that?

" Don't be so silly its just doctor, he explained how badly you injured thats why I'm trying to be nice with you honey thats it. Let it, so you say a real YES to him now, don't you?"

Yeah ofcourse. Whatever I have no choice again I'm in great confusion. My Yes is most important to them and it needs no explaination but if I say 'No' now, I'll owe an explaination to everyone. Karan is back, it will be disastrous to say Yes to him, again my heart will be broken. I don't know what is running in his mind. No love is in my fate my life mechanical, no changes, not very interesting. It runs how God designed it and I don't have any desire to make it change. I'm destined to be unloved.


© 2015 Prabha Salimath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on November 23, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing