Chapter 1 Two mysterious Dream Travelers

Chapter 1 Two mysterious Dream Travelers

A Chapter by ranma187
"

2 main characters meet

"
Chapter 1 Two Mysterious Dream Travelers

Far away in a secret garden of dreams, a woman was watering her plants. Making the water flow to whichever one she chose merely by using her thoughts. It was her own personal garden, where she planted, watered, and looked after all kinds of fragrant, beautiful, and energetic plants. On this particular day, while the woman was watering one of her most prized plants made for healing energy, She was filled with many deep thoughts. She didn't notice the slight breeze brushing through the cherry trees. Finally, She thought. Now it's time to heal my soul so that I can incarnate again. I need to move on to a new lo...

Just then a sound startled her. She turned around. There, on the stone path in her garden, a rip in the fabric of the dream appeared to be opening up. It was a portal! She had never seen such a dream portal before. A man and a woman stepped through. The woman was dressed like a white assassin with a large white hood. Her friend, was a scruffy looking man who wore blue jeans and a black t-shirt. They looked like they didn't belong together yet they appeared to be good friends. The garden woman knew their presence had just confirmed her thought. Was this man to be her new love?

"Welcome friends," she greeted them, " You have found the hidden garden. You must have pure hearts or you would not have found this place. I come here to find peace... What brings you here?"

"That obviously doesn't work," The woman in the assassin outfit muttered, "or I couldn't be here..."

"The same!" The man with the Assassin said. He blushed when he looked at her, "I..I come here to find peace too... " He let out a stream of nervous laughter. The man was obviously nervous, he laughed again and scratched his head.

"We all seek different things," The garden woman stated. "As I said, I come here to find peace. My name is Asuka." She then bowed to them. "What are your names?"

"Mosh." The man said. Asuka thought it was a strange name.

The assassin woman interjected. "Uhhh, that's just his nickname. My name is Raven and I'm his dreaming friend. Why don't you tell her your real name?" Raven asked to MoSh. Asuka then walked closer to MoSh. She sensed something.

"He doesn't have to tell me right away." Asuka stated. Raven then shrugged and turned to look at the flowers, she was staying close by as if it were important to listen to all of the discussion. "I'm sensing some dark shadows following you," Asuka said to MoSh, " You need to keep them away from you. Here, I have something for you." She reached into a pocket in her kimono and pulled out a small box. She then handed it to MoSh.

"What is this?" MoSh asked. But, he had asked the question in Japanese.

"Open it," Asuka said in Japanese to him. He didn't seem to understand what she had said. Maybe his knowledge of Japanese was very little? "please... just open it" Asuka repeated in English this time. MoSh then opened the package very carefully. He pulled out a small orb with a flower inside. He looked at the flower and Asuka kept talking. "This is the flower of life. Keep it with you. It will keep the shadows away"

"Wow," MoSh said "It's beautiful!"

Asuka was overcome by happiness and She smiled at him. She was unusually pleased that he liked her gift. "Thank you... It's so nice of you to say so. Why don't you two take a walk with me through my garden? I'll show you around." MoSh looked like he would be happy to. They began walking down the garden path together.

"Awesome!" He said in Japanese as Asuka showed him some bluish orchids that emanated blue midnight colored energy. His Japanese sounded like a foreigner's Japanese to Asuka. But it was cute, so she laughed. He then laughed too,

"Wait," MoSh said. He turned around to see where Raven was. He and Asuka just caught an image of Raven fading out. She must have woken up from the dream. MoSh suddenly looked a bit panicked.

"No!" he said, "I'm going to wake up soon too. I'll probably forget that this ever happened."

"Don't worry about it." Asuka tried to re assure him. He didn't look convinced,

"Look," he said, sounding bolder. "I really like you, I want to see you again. Will you come find me tomorrow night if I forget this dream?"

"Sure," Asuka said. " In tomorrow night's dreams Why don't you take me out on a date... To meet some of your other friends? But I'll need some of your energy... So I know how to find you. " She looked at him.

"I don't know how I would do that. But OK." MoSh said. Asuka then turned to face him. Her hair began blowing even though there was little wind left. She grabbed his head with her hands and kissed him on the forehead. A white flash seemed to come from her kiss. That was all she would need to find him again. MoSh's face turned beet red. The shock of being kissed by a most beautiful woman was shock enough to wake him up, For his image faded from the dream.

Until tomorrow night. Asuka thought and turned back to the flowers she had been tending to earlier. She went about it joyfully, humming to herself as she finished her work.

Around the time MoSh was going to be asleep the next night. Asuka fell asleep in her garden. In her dreams She astrally traveled to where MoSh was. On the ground below, She saw a small town. She focused on her feeling of him and located his house. She saw it was a three bedroom house. His bedroom was downstairs. The people in the house called him "****." She nervously went to spy on him in his room. There he was leaning over a computer screen. He was reading something. Asuka leaned over his shoulder to read what he was reading. Mosh shivered, and then smiled to himself.

On the computer screen she read the words. "As I said, I come here to find peace. My name is Asuka". Asuka did a double take. She realized That the person dressed as an assassin "Raven", had remembered the dream vividly. Do they always try and do this? Asuka thought to herself. She then concluded these were no Ordinary dreamers. They probably sought to meet together in dreams on a regular basis.

Later she watched Mosh get ready for bed. He seemed to be smiling to himself. Asuka concluded he must have been thinking about her. She was a bit concerned however. When she had read Mosh's dream, she noticed he had only remembered a small portion of the event. she wondered if this would become a problem, him not remembering her. Well then. Asuka thought. I guess I'll have to do my best to make Mosh remember. She then watched as he got into bed. Which was a couch, but comfortable enough for him to sleep in. "See you soon Asuka," Mosh mumbled to himself. Asuka smiled. She realized she was about to wake up soon and would be back in her dream body.

Asuka awoke in her garden vaguely recalling her travels to Mosh's home. When she sensed it was time to meet him soon, she excitedly opened a portal and stepped through. She found herself walking in a grassy plain. There was a hill up ahead and someone was there. Whoever it was appeared to be sleeping on top of the hill in a sleeping bag. She watched him sit up. He yawned and stretched. As he did this, A black substance seem to fly off him like smoke. She knew he was getting rid of the negative energy from the previous day. She watched the man get up. She recognized him as "****". she smiled, as he walked down the small hill to meet her. She said nothing and simply let him walk right up to her. He was looking at her strangely. He didn't seem happy. She wondered if she had upset him somehow.

"Hey..." Mosh spoke. "How come you don't look like the girl I met last night. I know it's you though." He said. That was rude of him She thought. At least he seemed to recognize her, which to her, seemed unusual for an average dreamer.

"You could at least be happy I came to see you." she said, toying with him. "I came all this way to meet up with you and you don't even say 'Hi'".

"Sorry," He said. "It was just unexpected... I'm not used to dating cave women." She looked down at what she was wearing typical, "Cave people" clothing of the pre-historic man era. She giggled. After all this time she had forgotten how her appearance seems to change based on the dreamer's unconscious expectations of dream characters. "So then," Mosh spoke. "What shall we do? I have a few ideas." She had a few ideas of her own. She knew he was a dream traveler. She wanted to know who it was he dreamed with, The places he'd been, Who was safe and who wasn't.

"I have a few ideas as well," Asuka said. "Why don't we visit all of your friends?"

"Sure," Mosh said, "You can meet my spirit guide Culexor"

She probed his being. She found his feeling of this "Culexor". She opened a portal. mosh was just looking around at the scenery. "Come on!" She called him. He turned around. "Lead the way." She instructed. He walked through the portal, She followed behind him. His clothes changed, and so did hers. She looked like a regular young woman now, a white tank top, blue overcoat and jeans. Now they were in something like a park. There were many people around. Mosh suddenly looked worried. He began running to the walkway. "Wait!", She called to him. But, he didn't seem to hear her.

She ran after him for a minute but then he stopped. He seemed real antsy about something. He looked around frantically searching for something. He then ran off in another direction before she could catch up. Now, he seemed to be running towards some bathroom stalls. Only these stalls were out door. Asuka then concluded he had to go to the bathroom. He searched for a one that was open and went inside. She decided to wait for him.

A minute later a strange man in a red space uniform approached the stall. She was about to tell the man to stop, because someone was in the stall. But before she could react, the man de-materialized the wall. "Thought I'd find you here!" the man proclaimed. Mosh quickly tried to cover himself up. He began pulling up his pants, then the pants were down at his ankles again. Mosh kept trying to pull up his pants and then fasten them , only to find that a second later, they were back down again. She watched him do this for a moment. Jeez, She thought.

"You could have at least let him finish." Asuka said going up to the man in the red uniform, "Now look what you've done." The man chuckled.

"Better I talk to him now, or he may have never finished, He may have sat there the whole dream and then woken up." The man proclaimed. He snapped his fingers. Mosh now had a pair of pants that seemed to stay.

"What's the big Idea Culexor" Mosh Asked. "Don't you have any manners?" Culexor apologized. "Oh!" Mosh said. "This is Asuka! Asuka, Meet Culexor". Asuka bowed to Culexor. Culexor said it was nice to meet her in Japanese.

"Tell me..." Asuka asked. "How exactly do you 'guide' him?". Culexor looked puzzled for a second. A flash of light came from his eyes as if he had thought of something.

"I usually tell him to become lucid, or to do a reality check. But it seems pointless since he never remembers" He said smiling. "So far I've observed him in three different dream states. The first is what I call Zombie, where I usually observe him wandering around aimlessly, I can do anything to him then but he wouldn't notice... I once watched a fellow kick him in the shin, but Mosh didn't notice and kept walking. The only thing I can do for him then is to leave him be."

"I hate those dreams" Mosh said as he looked down at his feet. Mosh quickly ran through lots of dream memories where he was standing in a crowd of zombies, and they walked past him mistaking him for being a zombie himself!

Culexor continued, "The second state is the one he'll most likely remember, In this one, which I call his normal dream state. In the normal dream state, he seems to be more aware of his surroundings. Much like the state he is in now. In this state he seems to remember the more subtle of dream events."

"Good," Asuka said. "He'll remember a bit of this meeting then?"

"Not exactly," Culexor stated as a matter-of-factly. " He's less likely to remember this conversation. But he's more likely to remember the incongruousness of someone stumbling into his bathroom stall. Much like I just did a few moments ago." He then put his hands on his hips and laughed arrogantly.

"Great! I can work with this!" Asuka said. There were all kinds of scenarios she could imagine to make him remember her. She was going to have fun with this knowledge. "And the last dream state?" She asked.

"The third dream state Mosh goes into, which actually his friend Nomad coined the term..." Asuka made a mental note of this one called Nomad, she decided it would be best to visit him later on during the night. "... Is called the Deep Dream State. This state is the hardest for Mosh to remember. In The Deep Dream State he is completely unaware of his waking life, he looks and acts lucid. In this state he could sweep you off your feet, and take you on a wild adventure, but unfortunately, he would only remember a flash of it or nothing at all." Asuka was troubled by this, but was a little more optimistic when she let Culexor finish his explanation. " I am currently trying to guide him to remember his deep dream state more. sometimes I help channel the events of his dreams when he types in his journal if I have important information that he needs to know. He hates to rely on it, since he has no physical memories of it the dream events. He's not a perfect dreamer but, he has lots of potential.... he just needs time." Culexor replied.

"More time..." Mosh stated sadly. " Boy, that seems re assuring..." Mosh pulled out a cigarette and started smoking. In one puff it seemed the thing was done. Suddenly in his left hand he had another one. He looked at it and threw it. "Darn it. I gotta quit." he said to them. Just then he raised his right hand to his mouth and found himself puffing on another one. He didn't seem to notice for a second. But then he realized and threw it away. "D****t,". Mosh said again. Asuka chuckled.

"Well, if there's nothing else," Culexor said. "Since you seem to be his friend, then you'll be seeing a lot more of me." Culexor kissed her hand. "Anyway, I have other dreamers to try and get lucid. ta ta." He said. He snapped his fingers and disappeared in a flash. Asuka took Mosh by the arm. She wondered where they should go next...

"Where to now Mosh?" Asuka asked.

"Do you like music?" Mosh asked. She nodded, Of course I like music.... Doesn't everyone? Asuka thought to herself.

"Well, I play guitar... but not typical guitar music. Come on!" Mosh said excitedly and grabbed Asuka by the arm, There's another friend I'd like you to meet. He's a musician that once lived around 200 years ago. Together, we'll play some music for you." Mosh then pointed with his left pinky, he drew a circle in the air and created a portal. Asuka wanted to check out Nomad, his friend, but Mosh was already pulling her through the portal. As he did this, he started glowing with green energy and green sparks flashed from his eyes. On the other side black butterflies appeared dancing around his head. Now he had a green flying v guitar on his back, with shark tooth inlays and MoSh painted in colorful letters on the body. He carried it like and axe and began to laugh maniacally. They were now outside a church at night time. "Bach will be pleased to meet you," Mosh said. She thought he was beginning to look more cool and confident of himself. He must be in his deep dreaming state! Asuka realized. She forgot she had wanted to look for his friend Nomad. Instead she eagerly followed him into the dark gothic church hall.


© 2011 ranma187


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011