Chapter 4 Temper

Chapter 4 Temper

A Chapter by ranma187

Chapter 4: Stop that! Asuka's Hidden Deadly Temper!


Asuka ran out the front door of Mosh's house. She emerged on a typical green lawn for a residential house, and saw she was in a typical residential area. There was a blue ford pickup pulling away from the front lawn, with Mosh and his dad in it.
Asuka flew above the truck and followed it. The dream seemed to speed up as they headed towards the edge of town. Asuka followed as they pulled onto a highway and sped fast out of town. Cars were swerving all over the highway very dangerously but the truck always seemed to get out of danger in a, "just in the nick of time," fashion. A few moments later the traffic thinned out and the truck stopped and then turned onto a wooden platform. That platform was very steep and seemed to get much steeper as they neared the top, at which the truck seemed to slow down. It looked like the truck they were in was about to fall backwards, and after some struggle. it finally reached the top. They were now driving on a rickety wooden road that must have been thirty feet high. Mosh's dad sped the truck up on what seemed to be a very long stretch of wooden road that had no side railings to prevent drivers from falling off the edge. However, a moment later, Mosh's dad noticed and unexpected sharp curb up ahead and he tried to slow down in time to make the proper turn. But to no avail; the truck seemed to screech off the edge and was now falling into a wooden area. Asuka could hear the screams of Mosh and his dad as they fell. Asuka was relieved when they hit some thick evergreen branches on their way down, which seemed to slow their descent to a much less dangerous speed.

It quickly turned to nighttime as the truck neared the ground, which by now, was merely floating down the branches of the trees. It finally landed safely! So, they drove on through the woods at night time. Next they hit some steep hill, which got more steep as the climbed. As they continued climbing it seemed more like they were driving up a large mountain. Now with many boulders in their path, the truck climbed and swerved past part of the dangerous boulders. The hill got steeper and pretty soon the truck again slowing down. The truck struggled once more to reach the peak of the small mountain. Finally at the top, which was only big enough to rest the truck on, Mosh and his dad surveyed the ground below with their vision. Since it was dark, it was very hard to see. Mosh's Dad faintly made out the silhouette of a house. He pointed there and drove downward at super speed, almost missing yet another few boulders. Finally, they had arrived at the house they were to begin working on. It was a wooden log house but also with modern walls... very fancy. The drywall was freshly put on and just needed to be finished. Drywall Finishing was Mosh's job which his dad was teaching him.

They both got out of the truck and Mosh began walking towards the house to inspect it when he heard his dad yell. "Ah, S**t!," Mosh was startled and turned around, "I forgot the most important tools of all... I have to drive back and get them."

"Okay," said Mosh, "I have to go fix my guitar anyway." The dad got in his truck and drove off. Mosh, who had already summoned a guitar on his back began walking down a winding road. Asuka was still flying above and followed him down the road. In a few moments the scenery changed from Mosh walking on a winding dirt road, to walking on a large highway, and then finally he was walking around in a large city.

It was still night time in the city, with lights shimmering in a fog! The fog also had a neat effect on the stars in the sky, which made each star look like it had a bright aura around it. Mosh continued walking until he reached a bridge which went over a small river and led to the downtown part. This was a walk across bridge which seemed to be heavily populated with people. Mosh walked along it and passed two people who were in a sleeping bag... A man and a woman to be exact and they were moving around in there. Mosh ignored that and continued walking until he reach the middle of the bridge. There, he stopped and gazed out over the waters. A man around his age joined him. Asuka watched as they began talking. But the man only briefly mentioned how he could detect a faint light coming over the horizon, which meant that the sun was going to come up soon... Mosh turned away from the man after agreeing with his statement. Mosh's attention was now turned to some people in the middle of the bridge who were busking, but with Guitar Hero or something. They were playing it on some sort of game system. I'll show them how to play guitar... he thought to himself and pulled the guitar out from behind his back. A guitar case was summoned below him and Mosh leaned against the railing and began playing guitar. Asuka smiled and watched him from above. A few people were walking by and throwing money in his guitar case, pretty soon he was drawing a small crowd and everyone in that crowd was cheering. Then Mosh looked like he had an Idea... He summoned a new guitar game console with a flat screen television and put a disc in. He pressed a few buttons and soon a backing track began to play for him and he began playing along. This just seemed to piss off the crowd however... They began throwing things at him like legos and one man seemed to be trying to shove a banana down Mosh's pants where his butt crack was. The crowd thinned out and people began to walk away muttering that he was drowning out the good stuff. Asuka, now in the crowd, walked closer to Mosh playing and she was smiling at him. He didn't seem to notice her until she muted the neck of the guitar with her right hand. Mosh smiled at her, but then was distracted by another woman who was pulling his disc from the game out of the console and began to walk away from it. He dropped his guitar and followed her while Asuka put his guitar away in the case. When Mosh neared the woman from behind he tapped her on the shoulder. "That's my disc!" he proclaimed.

"Isn't this the public disc for the guitar game?" The woman asked him.

"No," Mosh began, "The public guitar game is over there. I brought my own gear so please give that disc back." The woman apologized and gave him back the disc.

Mosh started yawning and someone walking by summoned him a sleeping bag. He began to get in when Asuka joined him. Asuka wondered if she should just get the first kiss over with... or was that too soon? She shrugged and fully got in the sleeping bag with him. She pursed her lips and expected Mosh to kiss her. But he just hugged her and said, "Goodnight Teddy!" Apparently he thought Asuka was a teddy bear... She didn't care and just decided to cuddle anyway. It seemed nice but then her mind began to wander... "Hey, Mosh!" She said.

"What is it?" Mosh asked, "I'm trying to sleep."

"We should visit more of your friends."

"Like who? we've already visited all the important friends."

"Well, maybe we should take that Shawna girl back to the moon. She needs to get out more. She just can't be holed up in Raven's inner world forever, and I really want to see more of the biodome!"

"Ok, sounds like a plan." Mosh said. They both got out of the sleeping bag, and Mosh opened up a portal to Raven's inner world. When they stepped through there, they were now in a grassy area with small foothills with cobble stone paths leading around them. Some of the paths led to small huts made of mud, brick and grass for decoration and the huts also had little round windows. MoSh and Asuka waited until Serena came out of the hut, followed by Shawna, and two other little girls that appeared to be twins. Shawna ran up to Mosh right away and gave him a hug. Mosh and Asuka told Shawna that they were going to take her on an outing to the biodome on the moon. Shawna really seemed to like the idea. Serena gave her nod of approval, saying she would be in the biodome later herself to get Shawna back. Asuka then opened a portal to the moon and all three of them stepped through.

On the other side they walked and enjoyed themselves immensely walking around the biodome. They walked with Mosh in the middle holding their hands. They neared the Koi ponds and sat there for a bit overlooking the mountain in the distance. Just then a Faerie named, "Pixy," flew up to them and waved at Mosh. Mosh recognized her. Pixy was about as small as Mosh's head. She pulled a bottle of pills out of her pocket and threw it at Mosh. "What's this?" Mosh asked Pixy.

"It's for the lucid dream task of the month, remember? Take the blue and red pill?" Pixy answered. Asuka and Shawna looked at one another dumbfounded. Pixy then laughed and Dived into the koi Ponds sending a large wave of water splashing over them. Mosh saw the waves as colored paint. It washed over him.

Mosh had a false awakening on the bridge of the city. The waves he though he had seen were now sparks flying from electrical lines. All the lights in the city went out, Mosh, the city, and the bridge were now in darkness. The Sun seemed to rise at a moments notice and Mosh notice that by his sleeping bag were many guitar cases. People were looking at the guitar cases and taking them... Mosh noticed that someone seemed to be walking away with his guitar case. "hey, give that back!" Mosh yelled at the person walking away with his guitar, who disappeared into the thick crowd. Mosh ran into the big crowd walking along the bridge to look for the man. He didn't see the man or his guitar case anywhere. He followed the crowd until they reached a hill. There was no way he was going to find the guitar now... Just then he saw a friend on top of the hill. A man he knew from waking life as "Dally." Mosh explained to Dally that someone just walked off with his guitar just moments ago. Dally said he would Mosh look for it.

They spend a few hours going in and out of pawnshops looking for the guitar. Many of the shops were filled with dark energy crystals, shards, and other creepy stuff. But they payed no attention, they were too busy looking for the guitar. Mosh came across a few guitars that looked similar to his... But they weren't really guitars... They were half guitar and half banjo? Mosh was confused even more when he found an electric ukulele guitar and yet another strange guitar with keyboard pieces on the back of the neck. Mosh began to wonder if that one was even playable. After a little more searching, Mosh lost his friend Dally, who seemed to have just disappeared. Mosh hanged his head as he walked out of the final pawn shop. He didn't even notice he walked all the way back to the job site out in the country hills, and in only a dream moment.

Mosh suddenly realized he was back at the job and spotted his dad's pickup smashed and totaled right into a tree! Asuka flew througha portal after returning Shawna to Raven's Inner World. She saw the truck and thought, Nice driving idiot! She watched Mosh walk slowly into the house with his head hung in depression. Mosh walked into the house and up a wooden plank to upstairs. Inside was really fancy looking even though there were only drywall sheets hung up. But Mosh didn't notice... He walked right up to his dad and explained his story of how he lost his guitar.

"WHAT?" His father yelled at him. "You piece of s**t. how could you lose something like that?"

"It just got stolen," Mosh replied, "I just turned my back for a moment and someone walked away with it."

"How could you be so stupid not to find the person walking away when you clearly saw them.

"I don't know... I ran right after.."

"Whaddya mean you don't know?" Mosh's father boomed at him. This made Mosh really uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry..." Was all Mosh could mutter. His father gave of an angry vibe that seemed to paralyze him with uneasiness. Asuka concluded that this sort of thing must have gone on a lot between him and his father. Mosh's dad kept asking Mosh stupid questions in an uneasy, accusative, and demeaning tone of voice. Mosh started breathing heavily. He just wanted his dad to stop yelling. Mosh felt overwhelmed and kneeled on the floor, and he put his head in his hands and started to scream. Asuka watched in horror. His father yelled some more.

"You're just a loser like Scott you know that. He's a dumb drunk... and you're just dumb. I don't want to work with a loser like you. Instead I should send you to live and work with Scott. You are no son of mine." Mosh continued screaming and started crying.

"How dare you!" Asuka said loudly to Mosh's father, "You should be ashamed of yourself! That's your son, you stupid idiot! I'm going to have to teach you a lesson!"

Asuka flew down to Mosh's father and gave him a sweep kick to which he fell on the ground. He was very surprised, but it was stopped short when she began to kick him while cursing at him loudly. She kicked him in the gut. She kicked him in the crotch... and kicked him in the head. She kicked him and kicked him still more...
Mosh sopped screaming and was looking horrified at the scene. Asuka levitated drywall scraps and flung them at Mosh's father. Then she finally turned away, she was holding her head and repeating over and over, "Not again… not again… not again…" MoSh was watching her, he looked over and saw his dad was on the ground, not moving, mutilated to the point where he was surely dead… Mosh didn't seem to know what to say, but Asuka spoke first. "Get away from me," she said, "It's not safe. I'm not safe to be around. Please get away, I don't know if I can stop it… so please get away… PLEASE!" At this point Mosh disappeared. Asuka looked at the scene; at Mosh's father lying on the ground. "Not again," she said to herself one more time and then left through a portal.

***

After Asuka took some time to calm herself, which was pretty much the rest of when Mosh was dreaming that night, she got curious and decided to look some more at his dreams. It seems he had very vivid recall of the entire dream except for one thing.... Asuka being in the dream at all. While this kind of disturbed asuka she also thought it was good that he didn't remember her anger outburst. Good, she was safe for now! She just had to find a way to control it.

When Mosh got ready for bed she noticed he seemed a bit sad. She pried into his thoughts and found that it was just that he missed remembering her that night. Had he done something wrong? What was going on. He was chatting on Skype with Raven. Raven was trying to heal a friend in dreams. But a pperently a remote viewer was trying to heal her. Asuka wasn't sure what a remote viewer was... but from the sound of it Raven didn't like them. Asuka wanted to ask Mosh what they were, but she would have to wait until he was asleep.

***

Mosh was dreaming he was in the passenger seat of a van with a complete stranger. This man was giving Mosh a ride somewhere and they were driving on a typical street with houses. Mosh indicated to the man the house he wanted to be dropped off at. The man ignored Mosh and kept driving. Mosh urged the man to pull over, but the man still kept ignoring him. They drove to a stop sign and Mosh tried to open the door to get out. When he tried the door suddenly locked. Mosh was afraid now and he knew that this man giving him a ride must be a psychopath. Before Mosh could do anything the man in the driver's seat pulled out a small crowbar and hit Mosh over the head with it. The dream suddenly rewound a minute or so. Mosh came to again when they were pulling up to a stop sign. This time Mosh remembered what had happened last time, and now with no hesitation, Mosh grabbed the hidden crowbar and hit the man in the head with it. Mosh leapt out of the white van and began running. He didn't know where he was running, or if the man would come to soon... so he just ran. Mosh saw a large park and ran in there. He ran well into the park along a path and then began to slow down when he felt he lost the psycho man. He walked along the path and stopped a bit when he saw a familiar woman his age picking up garbage in the park. But at night time? that seemed strange. He kept walking past the woman ignoring her. Near the end of the park he saw there were mini houses at the edge of the park that were shaped like small hills. These houses were hollowed out and opened up and many people were sitting around the fires. Mosh thought it looked interesting but kept walking. He walked until the path and the park ended. He found a door at the end of the path and stepped in.

Inside he found a small bakery type store. Mosh was a bit hungry and tired, so he looked at what was available. There was a display of chocolate chip cookies, some various candy bars, and also some coffee stands. Mosh would need a coffee to keep himself awake so he could find his friend's house again. He grabbed a coffee and went to the counter. He checked his pockets to see if he had any change. He pulled out many things from his pockets.... He pulled out some toy cars, then hair ties, various stickers with Asuka on them... Clover flowers were also in there as well as, dandelions, doll shoes, a handful of mulch, strawberry shortcake sheets, live lady bugs which flew out of his hands, and also some sand clams. But there was no change.

Asuka was disguised as the old store clerk. She had greying hair, glasses, and a pink old ladies dress. She smiled at Mosh and told him she would let him have it for free! She said Mosh could even have a free chocolate chip cookie if he so desired. Mosh smiled at that and said, "thank you." He then ate the cookie in one bite. He completely devoured it and looked pleased. Asuka made a note that he seemed to like those, so she would plan to give more cookies to him in later dreams.

Mosh turned with his coffee and left the store. Asuka transformed to her normal look and followed him. She caught up with him as he was entering the park. "Hey," she said to him.

"Oh Hi asuka!" Mosh smiled at her. "Oh. Hey, Do you want to help Raven heal her friend tonight? Pablo is also going to help. you met him before, he's alwas a red fox in dreams."

"Sure," Asuka said to Mosh. She remembered her question. "Hey Mosh.... Who are these remote viewers you keep talking about with Raven?"

Mosh stopped walking and then looked at her very seriously. "Um, well I don't remember them much. But Raven and Nomad see them a lot. Nomad things they are Remote Viewers who work for a top secret government program. They began showing up about two months after all of us started sharing dreams and going public about them on the internet. They seem to be trying to stop people from openly sharing dreams. We don't really know why. They aren't very strong in dreams. So far, they only seem to be and annoyance. They also lie a lot."

Asuka was wondering if they would be a problem in the future. "Well then," Asuka said, "Let's go meet Raven on the moon shall we?" Mosh opened a portal to the biodome and him with Asuka stepped through.

They emerged near the Koi Ponds yet again. Asuka now had a flower in her hair. Raven spotted them coming through the portal and then she threw something at Mosh. Mosh caught it, and then the ball started speaking. "This is a dream," it announced. Mosh threw it back at raven.

"So it is," Mosh said when she caught it. The ball repeated it's mantra again. Raven toyed with the ball and threw it back at him.

"Remember this dream," The ball announced. Mosh seemed annoyed and summoned a pin, he stuck the pin in the mantra ball and it popped like a balloon.

"Hey!" Raven said slightly annoyed.

"we've been trying these mantra balls for weeks but they never seem to work." Mosh said. "Anyway aren't we going to heal your friend?"

"I'm stil waiting for Bashir." Raven said. As if on cue, Bashir stepped through a portal tuning a guitar and he bowed to Asuka as he walked by.

"Okay, now it's time to go," Raven said as she opened another portal. One the other side was the sick girl who Raven called , "Allicia,". She was lying on a bed in a bedroom with a strange man standing over her. Her dream body and astral body were separated floating above her and was surrounded by golden rings of energy. The man noticed them enter the room and made the golden rings disappear. He looked at raven, then Mosh, Asuka, and then at Bashir.

"Is he here?" The man asked.

"Is who here?" Raven asked him.

"The one you call Nomad." The Remote Viewer replied. "I heard what he did to the last person he decided was an intruder. And I know he's already decided that I'm not really healing your friend. So I wouldn't like to meet him especially if he's pissed at me."

"No," Raven said, "he isn't here. This is Bashir, Mosh, Pablo, and Asuka. And are you really healing her?"

"Look at the energy," the man said. "Can't you see it's healing energy?"

"I have an easy answer that I should have thought of sooner," Replied raven, "Let me do a telepathic scan of your thoughts. Then we'll see who's telling the truth."

'No!" the man yelled at her.

"why not?" Raven asked, " if you want me to believe you, and you're telling the truth, then a telepathic scan is the easiest way to make that happen."

"Now who's trying to use who? you just want to use me so you can find out what my people are really up to." The man said. He was stammering as if nervous.

"No," Raven said, "I just want to make sure that you are really healing my frien Allicia."

"You don't believe me?" the remote viewer said. "And how are you supposed to excpet me to believe you then?"

"ok, whatever... Let's just do the healing." Raven said. The man began again with his gold rings and then Allicia's astral and dream bodies separated again.

"he needs to stay away from your friend." asuka chimed in. "he needs to stop right now what he's doing."

"What?" the man said seeming shocked. "And who are you?"

Raven rolled her eyes. "I told you," she said, "That's asuka."

"He has a dark heart," Asuka said, "And he's using dark energy in his healing... I can see it."

"I am not!" The man answered and continued with his healing.

"Stop it!" Asuka said to him. the man wouldn't budge. After a few seconds asuka yelled, "Stop that!" went up to the man and shoved him out of the way. The rings disappeared. Asuka caught herself losing her temper again. She walked behind Raven and calmed down. "He was giving her even more dark energy." Asuka told raven.

The man insisted again he wasn't "Alright enough!" Raven yelled. "Let me do a simple telepathic scan... I'm not giving you a choice this time." Raven walked right up to the man and looked in his eyes. She began probing his thoughts. A series of images came into her mind. A brick wall. She got past that and saw Allicia all healthy and eating a vegetarian meal. There was another brick wall behind this image.

"Stop that! Obviously you don't want my help." The man yelled and disappeared. Raven teleported him back and he appeared in the room again looking very disoriented. "You think it's a trick, " he began, "but's it's not trick. There's a deal to be made... I wasn't supposed to tell you until after you seeing that she can be healed like this." Raven was still using a low energy scan and could tell that he was telling the truth.

"And just what is the deal then," Raven asked.

"It's simple. A trade; healing your friend for a little cooperation. Healing: anyone, any illness, your friend, your mother, or your depression."

"My mother isn't sick!" Raven said making it seem like he was making a threat.

"Not yet she isn't," The man said.

"If you dare make her sick..."

"That comes from age, not something I would do." the man said.

"You actually believe that/" Raven said. "Feed me bullshit and try to make me think it's chocolate? maybe because you, yourself think it's chocolate." Raven was steaming mad by now and was trying to teleport him away.

"you should really reconsider," He said making himself appear again. "We can protect a lot of people."

" Like Allicia here? how are you really healing her?" Raven asked.

"I'm a conduit," he said but hesitated, "I'm channeling healing anergy from various healers. And then I add my own."

Raven scanned his thoughts again. It was true he was channeling healing energy. But she did see someone contributing dark energy molecules. She saw them lying dormant in Allicia. They were to be activated to make her sick if Raven didn't cooperate. There was more too. And raven wanted to know why they wanted her cooperation. She saw that the remote viewers wanted to stop dreamers from travelling to other worlds through dreams. But she encountered another brick wall. "Show me the truth," Raven yelled. Mosh figured out what was going on. He shot out and astral tentacle from his hand which shot into the remote viewer's forehead. Now Mosh was helping with the scan. "Why do you care if people drtravel to other worlds through dreams?" Raven asked.


"It's for their own protection!" The man yelled. Both mosh and Raven saw the truth. The remote viewers were afraid... Very afraid. They were fearful of dreamers raising their vibrational levels through shared dreams. Eventually their dream life would combine with their waking lives and that would mean, regular people having dream powers in the waking world. The Remote viewers worked for some higher up entities. The hidden controllers of mankind. The man behind the curtain...


"You twisted little pile of crap!" Raven yelled at the man. "And your plan failed."

"Too late, "The man said, "The seeds of darkness are already in her body." He then disappeared. Raven, mosh, Bashir, Pablo and Asuka finished doing a healing on Allicia. The then picked her dream and astral body up and took it through a portal to the healing glen. They told the Healing Giant what had happened, and what they had learned. The Giant was able to see the dormant dark energy molecules. He asked Asuka and Bashir to stay behind and help them remove the dormant molecules. By then Raven and Mosh had woken up.



© 2011 ranma187


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011