chapter 11 Wedding bells.

chapter 11 Wedding bells.

A Chapter by ranma187
"

How does one get married in a dream?

"
Chapter 11 Wedding Bells


 Mosh was getting into bed. He was eagerly awaiting falling asleep and remembering some dreams. It was his birthday after all. He was going to get married to Asuka that night. He almost fell asleep and he briefly saw an image of his hand putting a ring on Asuka's finger. He was shocked and jolted awake. Why couldn't he sleep? He tossed and turned a while in his bed, for what seemed like hours. finally, he fell asleep.

 ***

  Nomad, Raven, and Mosh were in Mosh's inner world. Allicia, pixy, culexor, pablo, and another one of mosh's friends: The Cusp, who just also happened to share mosh's birthday, was also there. They all sat in the living room eating cake and opening presents. Mosh's cake was a large chocolate and vanilla one with anime version of him, asuka, nomad and raven on the side. A couple of girl DCs were feeding the cake to one another. Raven was pigging out on the cake, even though after each slice she took, another slice magically appeared.

 "Happy birthday!" Nomad said as he handed mosh a present. Mosh eagerly opened it and a sentient, bright and yellow steampunk duck swam out of the box. It swam through the air and sang like a canary with two short swords on it's back. Mosh looked amazed. "You can ride it to your wedding later on bro," Nomad said.

 Next Raven handed Mosh her present. Mosh said, "Aw Raven you didn't have to... And how did a large 2ft box like this come out of your robes?" mosh forgot about that and ripped the paper with, "Happy birthday Mosh," written all over it, off and tossed the wrapping into the air, it all vanished into thin air. He opened the box and a strange cute, furry winged creature with a  diamond on it's forehead flew out.

 "Myu, Myu," it said as it flew around mosh's head.

 "Oh, my god Raven. what is that?" Mosh asked.

 "It's a Myu!" Raven said. "It's very psychic and will tell you when you are dreaming. It will try to help you stay lucid. He will talk to you telepathically. And this one has learned a few enhanced abilities! Show him..."

 "Myuu!" It said and made it self larger. It emanated a small shock wave that knocked a few people back and out of the way. It then transformed into a dragon, sparkling with electricity. Then into a dragon on fire... then an ice dragon... then a wind dragon... then a stone dragon.. then a golden glowing dragon... And then back to a Myu.

 Mosh and Nomad were staring at the creature now, as were lots of other people. The Myu blushed a bit and flew behind Mosh.

 "That is AWESOME!" Nomad said, "Why'd you have to go and make my gift look bad Raven?"

 "I didn't mean to!" She said. Everyone laughed. Mosh was playing with his Myu and the steampunk canary landed on his shoulder. Raven wanted more cake, she turned to look for it but woke up.

***

 Mosh and Nomad were riding large versions of their steampunks to the moon. They entered the Bio-dome and entered Nomad's house by a  large banyan tree in the mysterious city. Mosh was in a dressing room looking at himself nervously.

 "Don't cry," Nomad said.

 "Dude, I am not going to. dude, I need a smoke d****t."

 "You don't need that."

 "Right."

 "Here, have some sereni-tea." Mosh was wearing a tux crossed with a traditional japanese dress at the same time. Mice, moths, bats and black butterflies were fixing his hair, shaving his face and neatening his clothes.

 "What am I? Cinderella?"

 "I don't know dude, ask them!" The animals scurried away and said that they would keep watch in case Mosh got a wrinkle.

 "This is crazy!" mosh said nervously, 'Getting married in a dream? This is lame... and crazy."

 "That must make me lame and crazy too!" Nomad said, "I married Selene in a dream."

 "I'm just glad there won't be any party crashers. with aeona out of the way this should go off without a hitch."

 "Yeah," nomad nodded, "There's still Poet but he's too busy trying to break Aeona out. Me and Raven tried to heal him too... but during our healing he ran away screaming 'It Burns. It burns!'" Nomad took Mosh's glasses off.

 "Ack! I can't see!" Nomad blew ocular implants into Mosh's eyes. "Will they hurt?" Mosh asked.

 "No, It's a dream!"

 "Right."

 "Here, have some lucidi-tea."

 "No thanks. I know it's a dream. How about some more Sereni-Tea though? And this time mix it with green tea."

 They rolled up to the temple of Gawn on cyborg dog cycles. Nomad took Mosh's leather jacket and hung it on nothing. A huge crowd was outside. there were stands of people selling Mosh and Asuka T shirts. All sorts of creatures like orcs, werewolves, elves, gnomes, and aliens were buying them. Mosh spotted Vex strutting about and trying to avoid going inside. She was a purple creature with large multi colored butterfly wings, she had a large head, bug eyes and an "X" on her forehead. They entered the temple from the side.

 "Dude, I feel like this is an MMORPG wedding or some s**t. Who's the ring bearer... Gollum?" Mosh said.

 "I know right? Not it's not Gollum, you'll see" Nomad said.

 Mosh felt almost knocked over as he was walking into the hall. He was really going to get married! this was too intense. He didn't feel like walking, but somehow his legs carried him. Nomad was still behind him.

 "S**t!" nomad said, "I'm the best man, Raven is the maid of honor, I'm supposed to escort her." Nomad teleported outside the Temple.

 Culexor was the officiator and was dressed in the garb of a protestant reverend, and a Japanese Shinto Priest. Mosh walked up and stood at the front near him. A few moments later Nomad and Raven walked in arm in arm. Raven was wearing a lavender dress and also a traditional japanese dress. Just like Mosh and Nomad. Raven also had flowers in her hair. Her entire face was showing which looked strange to mosh. Usually it was hidden under her Assassin's hood. Nomad went and stood next to Mosh and Raven stood on the other side. Nomad spotted Angel and she winked at him and blew him a kiss. There were a lot of Mosh's friends and family also there. Including 3 Asuka twinners. Mosh's dad was trying to talk up and older lady but she was giving him the cold shoulder.

 The Myu entered the room and flew around Mosh's head. It went "Myu, myu!". That just made Mosh more nervous. It flew further away and looked slightly dejected. Mosh motioned it back. It flew back happily and circled his head once more and flew away. Shawna was the flower girl and Joseph was the ring bearer.

 Bach was the key organist. He began his own version of the wedding march, while adding pedal tones and flourishes, when the bride entered the room in her father's arm. It was Asuka and she was wearing a white fading into pink wedding kimono with a flower veil on her head. Her father was dressed traditionally as they walked down the aisle. Her father looked like a stern samurai. He handed Asuka to mosh and whispered in his ear, "Be her strength or I will be your nightmare." Mosh bowed lightly with his head. Asuka stood next to Mosh and he couldn't stop staring. Then he looked into the crowd and saw Asuka's mother with the sniffles. Mosh looked to the side and saw nomad almost choking up. Nomad then got a determined look on his face and took a  deep breath. Mosh took the breath with him and they both smiled at one another.

 Nomad spotted Gawn in the front row. Gawn telepathically told nomad, "Good job taking are of my son. You're a good brother in law." Nomad saw Selene seated at Gawn's side and was beaming at him.

 Culexor began the ceremony by tying their hands together with a white rope in a sacred know. As they both untied the knot they exchanged their vows.

 Asuka: ******, I vow to be there for you in dreams whenever you need me. I promise to always help you remember, love you and give you something sweet to look forward to when you sleep, for the rest of your life no matter how tough it gets for either of us.

 Mosh: Asuka, I promise to always try to remember you. Even if i go years without recalling a dream I will still always try. I will always take care of you, love you and keep you safe, and I will always forgive you no matter what you do, for the rest of my life.

 They both drank from the same cup. Joseph supplied the rings and they put their rings on one another. Culexor went on a strange rant and then told them to kiss. so they kissed and a flash of white light emanated from their kiss and brightened the temple. The statue of Gawn's eyes began glowing. They were still kissing, and kissing... and kissing. Nomad joked that they should save that for the honeymoon. Culexor gave them a strange last name in an alien language which meant: Sacred Peace. Tapestries unfurled and confetti fell. Birds and butterflies flew in. Everyone erupted in applause.

 They turned to walk down the aisle and Asuka threw her bouquet. The more melancholy looking Asuka twinner caught it, looked at it for a second. "...Don't deserve this..." She said and started crying.
 
 They walked down the aisle together while everyone threw rice at them. Raven congratulated them with a hug each and then the bride and groom got into a large white limo and drove off.

 They drove to a few large white tents with curtains facing a large music stage. A red fox, Pablo jumped into Raven's arms and licked her face. "Pablo!" Nomad said, "What are you doing?". The fox leapt at nomad and went licking his face.

 "Hey, bro you don't have to go licking me." Nomad dropped the fox and ran towards the tents and Raven followed.

 At the front of the main tent they came across an ice sculpture of two swans forming a heart. "I made it myself," Nomad bragged.

 "Hey, it's all about my ego today!" Mosh teased.

They came to a large table filled with presents. Asuka and Mosh sat there and began opening some. Mosh opened a wedding present from Nomad.It was a bright and orange steampunk koi that swam through the air and breathed fire.

 "That's a companion to the ninja canary duck which can ride on this koi" Nomad said, "both steampunks are named Samson and Delilah." Mosh gave nomad a quizzical look and then laughed.
 
 From Raven they got amulets that they put around their necks. "This is so you can keep in telepathic communication with one another, no matter how far away from each other you are. whether Mosh is awake or asleep dreaming you two will always be in contact with these!" They decided to opened the rest of the presents later.

 "Psst!" A voice came from the curtains to the side of the room. raven turned and looked. She spotted a woman peeking in behind the curtains. She looked very nervous. She quickly ducked back behind the drapes.

 "Hey, Raven!" nomad said, "Are you okay?"

 "Um..." Raven said as she looked, "Nothing I guess."

 "Well then, come on we're eating!" Nomad said

  Raven followed nomad to the head table which had lots of food on it. Mosh sat on one side, and nomad sat on the other. By Nomad sat Angel, and then Shawna. On the other side of Asuka was Raven and then Joseph.

 Nomad proposed a toast, and with bursting joy he said  "To their indestructible happiness and eternal love!" Everyone drank and found out it was sparkling apple juice.

 The Cusp asked if it was an open bar. Then he got annoyed when he found out that it was non alcoholic. He tried to change his drink but it didn't work. He resorted to pigging out on chocolate instead.

 All the food was vegetarian. When mosh ate and found out he summoned a large burger with mozza, bacon and mushrooms. "Hey, it's my birthday and wedding and I am going to pig out."

 The cake was vanilla and chocolate. Mosh was nice when he was feeding it to Asuka. Asuka smashed it on his face and laughed. Mosh looked really shocked until Asuka began licking it off his face. He then blushed.

 It was then Raven found her chance to leave. She went to the curtain where she had seen the strange woman before. Raven opened the curtain and found the woman still there. Raven thought something was familiar about her. It was a remote viewer!

 "What do you want here?" Raven asked, in a not so friendly tone of voice, even though the woman so far had done nothing wrong.

 "It's not what you think," she said, "I have to tell you something. The presents your friend are going to open... two of them are rigged with dark energy."

 "What?" Raven asked.

 "I don't have a very long time," The RVer said, "They'll kill me for treason if I a caught here... but there are children here... If those things go off with children here... I am a mother, and I can't imagine harming my children... I told them that there would be children here, but they didn't care. Children. Innocent Children!"

 "Okay, you are trying to protect children," Raven said, "Fine I'll help you."

 "good," the woman said, " there are two presents that are filled with dark energy. both of them are wrapped the same. They have silver paper and red writing just saying 'Congratulations!' on it. No names. Please get them before they go off! We may not agree on much, But I do think that we agree that innocent children should be left out of adult disputes!"

 "Okay, I'll get them out of here," Raven said.

 "I have to go," she said. She turned to leave, but hesitated. "Nomad isn't in that direction is he?"

 "You're worried about Nomad?" Raven asked.

 "I've heard things about him," The RVer said, "I'd rather not meet him..."

 "He's in the dining tent behind me,"

 "Okay..." She said, "The security system decided I wasn't a hostile. But I don't think Nomad would listen."

 "How did you guys get the bombs in here?"

 "Teleportation," The RVer said, "When the other gifts were gathered, they were slipped in with the rest. The Dark energy is highly cloaked. I didn't know if it would be spotted before too late. Get to them quickly... before they go off!" With that she hurried around a corner and out of site.

 Raven returned to the reception. She noticed everyone was moving to the dance floor, so she took her chance to find the gifts on the gift table. Just as the woman said, there was a silver gift at the end of each table. The silver paper had red writing on it. They were relatively small and inconspicuous gifts. Raven picked them up quickly without being seen as she didn't want people the think that she was robbing a newlywed couple. She quickly slipped them into the pockets of her kimono and took off.

 Raven carried them outside and looked around. She was standing outside the Temple of Gawn from her video game. She just started to recognise that the interior was decorated for the wedding. She kept walking until she was outside the protective field of the biodome. She looked at the packages. They looked rather harmless. But raven didn't take the chance. She opened a portal and threw them through, just in time to see them explode into a puff of large black smoke. Whew! That was close! The portal closed before the blackness reached it. Raven noticed the RVer still lingering in the background. no doubt she was just there to make sure that the gifts didn't harm anyone.

 With that Raven returned to the reception.

 The music was starting. It was a mix between rock ballads and japanese pop.

 Mosh danced with Asuka. Her father danced with her. mosh danced with, Raven, angel, Asuka's mother and Selene. Mosh handed selene off to dance with nomad. mosh danced with pixy, and then everyone danced together.

 Mosh got up on stage and played a guitar solo. He sang a rock ballad in Japanese. Asuka laughed, clapped  and a tear formed on her cheek. She looked at nomad and said, "I feel this is pure happiness!"

 Mosh stepped down and Asuka made out with him. She got up on stage and played a stringed instrument with a  tortoise shell for the body of it. Everyone was transfixed.

 Mosh's brother got up and started playing djembe. Nomad got on stage and started playing along with digjeridoo. Raven joined in with an ocarina. It sounded haunting. Mosh and Bach joined in. Bach had a gothic looking keytar. They played a tribal rock song. Then a tribal metal song.  Gawn grew large and became pan. He began playing the Pan pipes. Sir john the shaman appeared and had a large white and think string wrapped around his neck. with one arm he pulled it like and elastic and struck the string with his other hand. It emanated a large soundwave that pushed everyone around. Everyone started dancing like wild beasts. Some orcs and RVers snuck in to dance as well. Nomad allowed them in just for the occassion. The Orcs started moshing and pushing the Rver imps around. They broke into a battle and were teleported out of the biodome by the AI. They started a huge fight outside and some lunar wolves left to join the battle.

 Everyone became their beast selves and a few became their shadow selves. Mosh's beast self was a were-wolf. Asuka was a crane. Raven and Nomad were jaguars. The phases between night and day changed rapidly. Mosh's brother was a similar creature but his skin was dark purple and almost black.

 Selene was an arctic wolf. Two of Raven's friends were grey wolves. Pixy was an emerald boa with branches growing out of her. Angel was a bear. Asuka's mother was a giant salamander. Asuka's father was a demon samurai. Cusp was a blue gargoyle. joseph was a pure white eagle and shawna was a cute hedgehog. Everyone looked up at the earth rising in the sky and howled at it. joseph unfurled his wings and flew up over them dropping purple orbs on the crowd which exploded with a  boom to the beat.

 They all danced until the sun rose over the horizon. Everyone was tired.

 Mosh and Asuka got ready to get into the limo.

 "Where are you going?" Nomad asked.

 "Hawaii of course!" Mosh replied.

 "Hold on!" Nomad said and telepathically downloaded into Mosh's third eye, a bunch of cool places to go on his honeymoon.

 "Thanks!" mosh said, "We are also going to Japan, too, all around the world. Maybe hollow earth, other planets. We'll see. Bye bye!"

 They got into the limo and it snaked off into the sky towards earth.

***
 Mosh sat in the limo with Asuka. He saw Hawaii coming up over the ocean. He thought about his dream life and waking life. and how they were both starting to become intertwined. He was happy. Asuka smiled at him and clutched his hand.

 "I'm tired," He said and yawned.

 "Me too!" Asuka said and stretched a little. She kissed Mosh on the cheek. she was getting drowsy.

 "Looks like we can save the honeymoon for tomorrow night. usually when I fall asleep in a dream I wake up. I'm sorry I couldn't stay with you here the rest of the dream."

 "It's not your fault," Asuka said smiling, "We've had enough fun for one day. Until tomorrow night."

 They both fell asleep as they neared Hawaii with their heads resting on one another. Mosh disappeared. Asuka fell over and woke up briefly. "oh well..." She said.

 


© 2011 ranma187


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011