Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

I didn’t know what to do. The noises coming from down stairs got louder. Who ever it was started coming up the stairs. I started to freakout. My eyes began bouncing around my room looking for anything I could have used to protect my self if they were to find me. In my sense of panic I found nothing. I could tell there were two of them because I could hear two voices out in the hall after they reached the top of the steps. I couldn’t tell what they were saying. I then heard them open the door to our spare bed room across the hall and begin taking things out of the room. Then I heard one of them go back down the stairs. All of a sudden my door knob started to turn. I held my breath in horror at the thought of what awaited me once it was opened. Suddenly the man flung open the door.

            “Well look what we have here,” he said through his black shi mask, “Adam get your a*s up here! I found something!” I took a breath, gulped and scooted back on my bed.

            “What the hell! You do realize they could have some sort of security on this place and be able to…” the other guy trailed off as he reached the top of the stairs and looked into my room at me. I could even tell through the mask that he wasn’t happy with what his partner had just found.

            “Look at this pretty little thing I found,” the first one said as he smiled through the mask as he looked at me.

            “No way man, I know what you’re thinking. Just leave her. We don’t need the hassle of taking her everywhere. ” the other one said and I nodded my head quickly in agreement.

            “Sorry Adam, but it looks like we are going to have to take her with us since…”

            “Will you quit calling me by my name!” Adam said.

            “Shut up! Anyways, we couldn’t have you going and telling the police, or anyone else for that matter what we did tonight now could we,” he said evilly with a smile to match and a wink.

            “Please no,” I quivered in a soft, shaky and scared voice as he started to come close to the bed. “Please don’t,” then I moved away and went quickly to the window. Thoughts began racing through my head. What was I going to do? I couldn’t jump out of the window for below was the hard concrete drive way and besides the window was hard to pry open. My eyes turned back to where the first man was standing by my bed.   

            Then he reached into his jacket pulled out and held up his gun. “I wouldn’t be going any were or objecting to anything he or I say sweet heart.” He smiled evilly through the mask,” I highly suggest you do as I say.” All I could do was nod my head in fear. I was as frozen as ice but sweating like I was in the desert. So many more thoughts ran through my head at this moment that now I can recall none. Then he walked over to me. I could not move, my eyes were glued shut and I was shaking uncontrollably. Then he took the butt of the gun and hit me hard on the head. I was out like a light.

            I woke up a short time later in the back of a van that had all of its seats taken out except for the front two where the two thieves’s where sitting. It was lightly raining outside. My hands had been duck tapped together behind my back. There was also a piece tapped over my mouth. The van was filled to the brim with stuff from my house, nothing of mine that I could see though, but they had put much of it into big brown boxes so I couldn’t know for sure if any of it was mine. I felt a sense of anger and anguish when I saw that they had taken the green Victorian chair from the living room that had been my great grandmothers. I knew it would devastate my mother. I thought that they had probably also taken the jewelry that had been hers as well. This made me madder.

            The men had taken off their masks so I could see their faces. The one who was driving I could tell by just the way he sat and looked that he was the leader of the two from the house. He had extremely messy black hair, a strong face, and a well built body. His eyes were a deep dark brown and seemed to scream a scene of anger and hatred of what I didn’t know. He also seemed tense and uptight. From that moment on I was deathly afraid of him, specifically of making him angry. The other in the passenger’s side whom I assumed his name was Adam from what was said at the house, had short buzz cut brown hair, also a strong face but yet it seemed soft at the same time, and a good body. His eyes were a soft pea green. They weren’t filled with anger but more concern for something. I guessed that it was for me for when he looked back at me the look of concern became stronger.

            First we pulled up to this big ware house and every thing except me was taken out of the van and haled inside the large building. It made me so sad seeing all of the stuff from my house being taken inside. Then we left as quickly as we came. A few minutes later we pulled up to an old broken down looking brick apartment building that had many building around it that look exactly the same. 

            Adam came back to me, slid open the sliding door and took the tape off my mouth. Thankfully he didn’t rip it off. I was deathly afraid that he would have also what was going to be done with me.  

            “Where are we?” I whispered.

            “A guy we know‘s apartment,” he answered just as soft. We said nothing else as he helped me out of the car still not untapping my hands. Then the three of us went inside and walked up the stairs to apartment 27 and went inside. It was a rec. There were empty bear bottles and cigarette butts every where and the smell of cocaine was in the air. There was a guy passed out and hanging off the couch and two more were sprawled out on the floor. The TV was on with an appliance infermertial showing. All the lights but one side table lamp were off. There was a very small kitchen off of the main room that looked just as dirty and dark. There was a commotion going on in one of the back rooms down the short hall with loud moans and yells. I could only imagine what was happening down there.

            “You’ll stay with me,” Adam said to me and then took me buy the arm and pulled me into the room at the very end of the hall. It was just as dirty as the rest of the place. Clothes were thrown every where, unclean ash trays and empty cigarette packages, and an unmade bed.  

            “You can sleep on the bed,” he said as he cut the tape of from around my hands with a knife he took out of his shoe, “I’ll sleep on the floor.” I wanted to smile at him at least a little for the little bit of kindness he had shown me in spite of his partner but I couldn’t.

            I climbed into the bed and didn’t sleep for the whole night. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The blankets on it were worn and thin. The pillow was also thin and not at all soft. All I could do was lay there stair at the bare grey walls and watch him as he slept; wondering what would happen to me the next day. Would they just do what they wanted with me and get ride of me or keep me around? I didn’t know. I was so tired, but couldn’t sleep. It was a long restless night. 



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again my curiosity is keen for more information. I love the observations your character makes, the situation she is in is intense and I want more, more, more. My one critique is that I noted from time to time you slip from the past narrative into the present with the odd word or two. Is this intentional or simply just how this girl speaks to you when you write her?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing