Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

Nothing much happened for the next two days other than Adam bringing me food. He did that because I did not want to get out of bed. I just laid there in my room for two days and pretty much stared at the walls and ceiling not knowing what to think of everything that was happening to me any more, even though the thoughts continued to creep into my mind.

             I talked to Adam a little bit over the two days but not much. I woke up in the morning three days later and finally decided to go down stairs. A few cereal boxes were sitting on the table waiting as well as a bowl. Kenny and Layla were over on one of the couches snuggling, well more like Layla was sitting on him, and watching the TV. Other than them there was no one else down stairs or so I thought.  

            “There is some milk in the fridge,” I jumped at the sound of Adam’s voice coming from behind the stairs as his head poked out so I could see him.

            “Thanks,” I said a bit bewildered and then walked over to the table and began pouring myself a bowl of chocolate kangaroo krunchies. Adam got up from the arm chair, came over and sat at the table.

            “Did you sleep well?” he asked as he slouched down in his chair.

            “No, I haven’t been sleeping much at all the past few nights,” I answered.

            “I’m sorry.”

            “It’s ok,” I paused, “I miss my Mom a lot.”

            “I never knew my mom; I mean I don’t remember her. She died when I was three.”

            “Oh I’m sorry,” I said as I looked down at my cereal and swirled my spoon in it.

            “It’s ok, I have a picture of her,” he reached down into the back pocket of his black baggy pants and pulled out his brown wallet. He opened it up and pulled out an older looking picture of his mother. She had beautiful long brown wavy hair, gorgeous light green eyes, a soft loving face, an amazing bright smile and looked rather young.

            “She’s beautiful,” I stated, “How old was she?”  

            Adam smiled, “Yes she was,” he said with the same sad sentimental smile. Then his face went straight, “She was fifteen in that picture and was sixteen when she had me.”

            “Oh,” I said and then asked, “What about your’ Dad?”

            “My dad abandoned me when I was nine,” he replied as he slipped the picture back in his wallet and then back into his pocket.

            “Oh.”

            “It’s fine, I don’t mind talking about it,” he shrugged, “Even though if I ever met him I would probable shot him on sight, well then again I would probably yell at him on sight and then shoot him.”

            A chill went up my spine. He had not just spoken in a joking sort of tone but a serious one and said it straight faced. Would he kill his dad if he really found him? “He must have still been very bitter about what he did to him,” I thought.

            “Have you ever really killed anyone before?” I asked almost not wanting to know the answer.

            “Yes,” he said bluntly. “When I was fifteen,” My eyes got wide now knowing that I really didn’t want to know the answer after all. “It was either I shoot him or he shoot me and I chose to shoot him.”

            “How did you feel; after you shot him?”

            “Horrible, I still do. As I do about all the other people I have shot.”

            “Do you mind if I ask how many?” I asked now letting my curiosity get the best of me.

            “I have shot five people, three of them died,” another chill ran up my spine. I closed my eyes and took a little breath. “Your probably wondering how I live with myself aren’t you?” I nodded my head, this I really did want to know. “To tell you the truth I don’t know how I do. I have dreams a lot that are reliving the times when I have shot people. I wake up in cold sweats and breathing hard. I hate it, but there is nothing I can do, what is done is done.” Then he took a big sip of the beer in his hand that was all ready about half empty.

            “You drink don’t you?” Even though had said nothing about drinking I could guess that he did since many people would try to drink away their problems, one of my uncles included. He was a great guy, but when he would drink you didn’t want to be around him. This made me kind of nervous.  

            “Yes I drink a lot. You know, just to get my mind off of things,” he took another sip.

            “Adam you shouldn’t, I mean…”

            “It’s too late for that now,” he interrupted, “I had my first drink at thirteen.” I shook my head. We sat there for a few minutes in silence. My cereal had now gotten wet and soggy and I no longer desired to eat it so I pushed it away.  

            “Boom!” suddenly the front door swung open. Tyler came marching in with a look of pure rage. Both Adam and Kenny stood up.

            “What’s wrong,” Adam asked starting to go over to him to try to possibly calm him down.

            Tyler slowly turned his head to look at Adam and then glared angrily at him. I was afraid Tyler was going to shoot Adam just to shoot something.

            “Go to hell,” Tyler said bluntly and then marched up the stairs. Shortly after we heard a door slam and very loud Rob Zombie began to blast through out the house and some time after that Blood Simple came on. By the time I left the house later on I knew all the words to the songs on at least the Rob Zombie CD and possibly many others.

            “Ok,” Adam said in a weirded out voice.  

            “Kenny,” Layla said giving a look. I didn’t know what she was trying to say to him but he got the message because he nodded and they left the building shortly after. Then Twitch came down stairs.

            “Wh, what is go, going on with T, ty, Tyler?” Twitch asked.

            “A girl probably just rejected him that’s all,” Adam sighed and then changed the subject, “You slept in.”

            “Ya, ya. I gu, guess I di, did,” Twitch answered.

            “I’ll see you two later,” then Adam got his jacket of a coat rack by the door and left.     



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Questions. So many questions. Where are people going? Why is Tyler so pissed? Ben doesn’t normally sleep in? Why did Adam kill those people? My interest in this story is caught, netted and been served up for dinner. I love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing