Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

Over the next few weeks I began to feel like apart of a family. Well like the black unwanted sheep in a very odd family to say the least. Thankfully I had Adam to help me out some of the time. If he wasn’t around a few times I could have gotten really hurt.

          The moment that Jonah came into the house everyone seemed to be busier. More and more people started visiting us. What ever Jonah was doing he was creating a lot of business. Over that time Kenny pretty much became a full fledged drug dealer since he had the connections and customers because of Jonah so he could do it. Layla became exceedingly frustrated with this because the more he got into it the more he himself did the drugs and had less and less time for her.

          Tyler seemed to be getting laid more often if that is even possible. The more money he racked up helping Jonah the more women wanted him. It also helped him that he was just a sexy bad boy with knives and guns; both kinds, to these women. They idolized him, they didn’t care if he was with other women either they just wanted a piece of the pie the bigger the better.

          Twitch tried to stay out of things as much as he could, but he couldn’t avoid things completely for every. He ended up helping Kenny out after a while with the drug stuff but never too much. He did it in exchange for his own drugs. Thankfully Kenny never wanted him to sell them himself because of Twitches stuttering and twitching. Twitch still found time to hang out with Pat and me on the couch. This made me feel some what better that he would still take time for me.  

          Adam became a busy bee. He didn’t have hardly anytime to really talk to me anymore. He did have time for me when I would brake down. The moment he learned I was upset he would always be there for this I began to care for him more.   

          Jonah through out this period didn’t pay much attention to me. He just continued to do his deals. It’s not like he had time to talk to me anyway with how many of them he did. He only spoke to me when it was necessary and to his benefit. He did however continue his odd starring. After a while I got used to it though. I did find it nice that he never bothered me and at the time I wanted to keep it that way.

          Through out this period I mostly sat quietly to be seen and not heard. Tyler made it clear that I was to do this right off the bat that business began bombing. When ever the men who bought from the boys would come they would look at me, smiling evilly of course. They would ask who I was and Tyler or Adam would divert the subject back to whatever it was they were selling. I got so tired of them just staring at me, but all I could do was sit there and take it. I was also very lonely with the boys being so busy. At that point I was happy when Jonah or even Tyler had time to sit with me and watch TV. Finally there was one day when no one came in for business.

          “Good morning Adam,” I said as I saw him sitting at the table when I came down the stairs for breakfast. “Do you have a lot of business today?” I said this knowing he would say yes, but to my surprise he didn’t.

          “No we don’t,” he took another bight of his cereal. I smiled to myself glad to here that news as I sat down. Then Tyler came clamoring down the stairs with his brand new black leather jacket with blue strips on it that he had recently bought with all of the extra money he had made already on, his normal smile across his face.  

          “Where are you going?” Adam asked his mouth full of cereal.

          “Out,” I rolled my eyes at this. Typical answer, “Don’t you give me any of that Noreen,” he glared at me.

          “Sorry,” I said quietly and looked down at the table. He sighed in frustration, got his keys, and left slamming the door behind him. Adam shook his head and took the last small bight of his cereal. All of a sudden we heard someone yelling up stairs. It was Layla.

          Here we go,” I thought.

          Then we heard a door slam. Then Layla came down the stairs as flustered as she could be.

          “I can’t believe him!” she shrieked.

          “He’s probably high Layla what do you expect,” Adam said nonchalantly as he poured himself another bowl of cereal.

          “I expect him to not get high in the first place! He’s always high,” she paused and thought for a second, “I am so tired of this. I can’t take it anymore. I’m out of here!” Then Kenny came running down the stairs.

          “Layla pl, please don’t leave me, I promise I’ll stop, I’ll stop selling drugs, I’ll stop doing them too please just don’t go,” he pleaded as he dropped to his knees in front of her.

          “No Kenny,” she said as she turned away, “I don’t believe you. You may say that today but what about tomorrow huh? And the day after that and after that? I can’t live my life like that, like this, I’m going and you can’t stop me” she finished.

          “But Layla…” she didn’t even look at him grabbed her jacket, bag and left. Kenny just sat there on the floor, starring at the shut door. I felt bad for him. I hated Kenny but in that moment I felt for his loss. I got up and went over to him. I laid my hand on his shoulder.

          “Kenny…” I started. He pushed me away.

          “I don’t want to hear it Noreen,” he said then got up and went up the stairs. He didn’t come down all day.

          Later in the evening I was sitting down stairs alone. I heard a door open and close up stairs. I thought nothing of it. Then I heard some one coming down the stairs. It was Kenny. His head was hanging down and his hair that was long enough falling all in his face. He looked up and me with a sick and twisted but desperate expression. 

          “Noreen,” he said in a sleepy, groggy, yet also desperate sounding tone.

          “Yes”

          “Come here…”    



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh no! this does not look good!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing