Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

I felt so scared. I didn’t want to do this. Tyler handed me my ski masked then pushed past me and went out in the hall with every one else.

          “Let’s go,” then Tyler, Adam, Twitch, Kenny, Layla, and two other guys of whom I didn’t know their names and I walked down the stairs. Every one else gathered up stuff they were going to use from random places in the house. Things such as ropes lock picks, boxes, and bags. Then we went out to the vans. I was ridding with Adam and Twitch. As we got into the van I looked down at my hands, they were shaking uncontrollably.  

          “Are you ok?” Adam asked as he put a box in the side of the van pulled up next to us.

          “I’m scared. I don’t want to do this,” I quivered, “I don’t want to steal from these people. I know what it’s like, heck I know what it’s like to be stolen,” I said as I sat down in the van. I wanted to just get out, start running and not look back, but I knew I would be dead before I got very far with Tyler just one car over. I sighed.

          “I’m sorry Noreen, I’m sorry you have to do this but we really need you and you know that Tyler isn’t going to be very happy with me if I just leave you here. I really don’t want the both of us dead,” he finished looking back down at the box that he was putting things into. I gulped as I thought of being shot again. “Don’t put you mask on till we get there,” he looked back up at me, “We don’t want to look to suspicious.”

          “Ok,” then every body else got in their vans and we began to drive.     We drove for about an hour till we came up to this huge house on the other side and out skirts of town. When we drove up there was a large gate. Kenny got out, broke it open and we continued to drive up. The drive way was very long and windy as it lead up to the house. It seemed like forever before we actually got to the front. When we did actually get to it the house it was huge. It was white with tall columns and a ton of windows on the front of the house. It was breath taking.

          “Here we go,” sighed Adam then he got out of the van and I reluctantly followed.

          Everyone put on their ski masks and the braking in began. They took any furniture on the front porch that looked interesting and quickly stuck them in the vans. Then we broke into the front of the house which was as easy was turning a door knob for these pro’s. I couldn’t believe that we didn’t set off an alarm or something. The foyer of the house was itself huge and was where they started first. All of the paintings that were hung up on the walls were taken as well as the gorgeous floor rug and runner. The living room was the first room off of the foyer and where we went next. All of the electronics including the big flat screen TV hanging on the wall and large stereo system were taken. As they did that Adam and I were sent up stairs to get some of the smaller things such as jewelry and collectables so we could get out of there as fast as possible.

          The first bedroom we came to was the master. It had a high vaulted ceiling with a fan. The bedding was beautiful, luscious, soft, and had to be taken, so I began to strip it off the bed and stuff it in to one of the big black bags. Every single pearl necklace, diamond ring, or gold watch was taken from the dresser and drawers and put in smaller bags and that was before we got to the closet. When we did Adam’s eyes got wide and he got a little smile on his face that I could see through his mask.

          “Her wedding dress,” he said in delight as he went over and began taking it off of it’s hanger.

          “Adam no,” I pleaded going over to him in an attempt to stop him, “Please don’t take her wedding dress, I beg of you don’t take it. It’s got to be very important to her and what if she has a daughter who is planning to wear that some day. Please for me don’t take it.” Adam looked at me, then the dress, and then me again and nodded. I could tell as he put it back he still didn’t want to though.  

          “All right I won’t take it,” he sighed as he reluctantly put it back on the hanger.

          “Thank you,” I sighed with relief and smiled at him. We continued to go through all these people’s stuff like animals scavenging for any food we could find, almost literally since we would sell the stuff to put food in our mouths. As we went guilt began to mount inside and as the night went on and on the feeling became worse and worse.

          Finally Adam and I were at the last room. I sighed with relief and even more guilt. We opened the door to see a mainly empty room. There was some old junk lying around but that wasn’t what caught my eye, it was a box with one small little black kitten in it. I went over to the box, it said free to good home. I could tell the box was old and used for a long time. I figured they had set the box out some were for people to take them and no one had wanted this one poor little kitten.

          “Oh you poor little thing,” I picked up the small kitten and held it up for Adam to see. “Can I have him?”  

          “Sure I don’t care,” he shrugged it off as if to say it was no big deal and continued gathering things up. I giggled with delight as I held the kitten close and it began to purr. It was so soft. I felt in love with it immediately.

           We went back down stairs carrying every thing we had taken and loaded it into the vans. Everything fit, but barely. I felt extremely sad as we drove away. We had just taken things out of these peoples lives that were important and special to them for our own gain. I felt sick all the way back


© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The life on crime apparently does not sit wit our Noreen. This I like to hear. I like the detail you went into here, with all the things that these kids are willing to take and Noreen’s remorse at it all, and refusal to take the wedding dress, but willingness to rescue the kitten. Also that Adam is willing to listen to her shows that he might become soft for the young women he saved from his friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing