Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

After Adam left I just sat there and then finally got up and cleaned out my bowl of cereal. For the rest of the day Twitch and I sat on the couch watching TV. Many people came in and out that day. Some of them were drug dealers, some of them were women looking for Tyler, who surprisingly refused to see any of them, some of them were for Kenny or Twitch and some of them were for Adam who was not home all day. I started to get worried about him around four o’clock in the afternoon but pushed it out of my mind until about eight that evening I kept on worrying for another hour.

            “Ben,” I asked Twitch as he came down the stairs later in the evening, “Where has Adam been all day?”

            “I don’t kn, know where he is,” he answered. I could tell he was just coming down from a high because he didn’t stutter when he was high and he didn’t stutter much just then. It may have been easier to understand his words then but I just hated when he got high.

            “I’m worried, its five minuets till nine and he’s been gone since nine this morning,” I told him, “That’s twelve hours.”

            “I, I’ll try to, to call him,” Twitch suggested as he opened up his cell phone and pressed a speed dial button. He had only just put his ear to the phone for a moment before he pulled it way and shut it.

            “Hi, his’ phone, phones turned o, off,” he said as he sat down on the couch next to me.

            “You don’t have any idea where he could be,” I asked again. As I spoke the clock up on the wall above us clicked to nine.

            “I, I cou, could call pe, people and, and ask th, them if they n, know where he, he is,” he suggested. I could tell in his eyes that he had an idea of were he was but just didn’t want to tell me. I wondered why but just went with it and didn’t ask again.

            “All right,” I nodded. Then Twitch went off up stairs again with his cell phone to try to find out were Adam was. I began to pace back and forth from one end of the large room to the other. It seemed as if I walked back and for hours.

            All of a sudden at ten fifteen the front door flung open. There stood Adam. As he started to walk in he almost fell over, but then steadied himself. He was drunk.

            That’s why Twitch didn’t want to tell me where he thought he was,” I thought to myself.    

            “Adam are you alright?” I said as I rushed over to him.

            “Have drink any thing?” he jumbled his words in drunken confusion.

            “There is some beer in the fridge but Adam…” It was too late he was all ready heading over to the table and beginning to pour his drink into the glass and guzzle it down. “Adam please stop! Don’t do this to yourself, to me!” He stopped and slowly lifted his head and looked up at me. Then suddenly he threw his glass up against the wall and it shattered into pieces. He then jumped up, put his arm around me and kissed me. I was scared but yet I wasn’t and I went along with it. The way he kissed me was soft and aggressive at the same time and his hand ran up and down my back and neck.

            “I, I couldn’t…” Twitch trailed off in shock as he came down the stairs. All of a sudden Adam stopped and walked over to the couch and plopped down as if nothing had just happened.

            “He, he’s back,” Twitch said looking down at his feet with a sad tone in his voice.

            “Yeah,” I sighed. Then I walked over to the couch and sat down next to Adam. Twitch went quickly up the stairs and slammed his door. I looked over at the stairs as I heard the door shut.

            What is with him,” I thought. I shook my head just shrugged it off and looked back towards Adam to see that he wasn’t there anymore but had moved.

            “Adam?” I looked around the room wondering were he had gone. Then he sat back down next to me with another beer in hand.

            “Adam please stop drinking for now at least,” I pleaded with him. He couldn’t have heard me. He said nothing in response and took another sip. Then he set his drink down on the coffee table and fell over on the couch passed out. I slid out from under him and laid down on the floor next to him soon falling a sleep.

            Around three thirty in the morning Tyler came wondering down the stairs to find something to eat but found something else.

            “What the hell,” he muttered as he hit the bottom step when he saw us. He came over by the couch and gave me one good solid kick to my ribs.

            “Uh!” I woke up and looked up at Tyler standing over me as I reached down holding my now aching ribs.

            “Wake up,” he demanded in a tired grouchy voice.

            “I’m a wake,” I said still in pain.

            “Go get Kenny,” he barked, “Now!” I jumped up in fear and ran quickly up the stairs and began knocking rapidly on Kenny and Layla’s bedroom door.

            “Yes,” said Layla’s voice.

            “It’s Noreen,” I said impatiencely.

            “What do you want?!” Kenny yelled from the other side of the door.

            Tyler wants you Kenny, he’s not very happy,” I answered.

            Kenny opened the door, “When is he ever happy.” Then he walked passed me and down the stairs. I turned and followed him back down the stairs.

            As I got to the bottom of the steps Kenny and Tyler had all ready picked up Adam and began carrying Adam towards the stairs. I backed up and leaned against the wall as they carried him past me. He looked so pitiful. I looked and felt sad and guilty as if it was my fault when it really had nothing to do with me. “Or did it?” I thought, “Did he go out because I brought back so many hard memories for him?” I tried to push the thought out of my head as they continued to pass me.

            After they passed I followed them up the stairs and to Adam’s room. I stood in the door way waiting for them to leave. After they threw Adam on his back on to his bed Kenny went back to his room and Tyler pushed me out of his way shutting the door behind him and walked off. After he had gone back into his room I went in Adam’s room and covered him up. Then I left him to go back to my room and eventually fell into a very restless sleep. When Adam woke up the next morning he had a terrible hang over. He also didn’t remember anything from the night before, including the kiss.  



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So in a drunken stupor we know that Adam likes Noreen, Tyler either really hates her, really likes her, has so must on him right now, or is just what he appeaser to be, an a*s. Ben wasn’t happy about that kiss so I think its safe to say he’s interested. If go happy teens with drugs, guns and the tendency to pillage and kidnap wasn’t enough, now we have a possible love triangle. I think things are going to get heated!

I’m loving this so far, its making for an easy and enjoyable read. As I said in my review of chapter one it does need a little work with the odd spelling error but its still a pleasure to read.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing