Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

After we left the apartment we drove about ten minutes or so until we got to this very old looking abandoned brick building that looked as if it could go at any second. We all got out of the two vans and began to go up to the building. As I walked over to the door Tyler gave me a nice push towards it.

            “Hey,” Adam said reaching and grabbing Tyler’s shoulder after he pushed me.

            “What,” Tyler answered with the normal hint of disgust he had in his voice as he turned back towards Adam.

            “We talked about this Tyler,” Adam said staring and frowning angrily at him.

            “Oh come on Adam. I just gave her a little push. Get over it,” he answered with an evil little smirk and a playful tone this time. Adam just sent him another dirty look and continued walking inside after him. Kenny, Layla and I followed closely behind.

            As we entered it was all one big open room. It had three couches off to the left side all gathered around one big screen TV that had a game system hooked up to it. Off to the very other side of the room set up a few feet from the walls was a stove and a mini fridge with a microwave on top. In the middle of the room was a set of stairs leading up to the second floor. The walls were toccata, dark and light brown bricks as the outside was. The floor was a grey concrete all through out the room except for a few well placed rugs and mats. There were three very large windows on either sides of the going along the walls. There was also a small open area behind the stairs were a table and arm chair were set up.

            “Come on Noreen the bedrooms are up stairs,” Adams said as he walked over to the stairs. We walked up the stairs to a long dim hall way of closed doors. Then he took me to the third door on the left. “This will be your bed room,” he said. I opened the door and flipped on the light to see a fairly small room with a twin size bed and night stand next to it. The walls were a very dull light grey as well as the carpet. There was a window cover by blinds and had curtains hanging too, at the far end and middle of the room. The bedding was an eggshell white and wasn’t very soft. The same could be said of the small pillow.

            “There are two bath rooms on either side of the hall at the very end of it,” he told me.

            “Thank you,” I said as I just stood there staring at the room I would be staying in for as long as I was there. “That could be for the rest of my life,” I thought.

            “Your welcome,” he started to walk off.

            “Adam,” I hesitated.

            “Yeah,” he turned back around.

            “Well, will you ever let me go; I mean will I ever be able to go back home, back to my life and family?” I sniffled as I started to tear up. Inside I was so afraid of staying there forever. I wanted my bed not some small, uncomfortable, cot of a bed.

            He sighed, “I don’t know, I really don’t know,” he shook his head, “We can’t really let you go since you know enough about us now that you could easily tell the police about were we are and pretty much all about us,” he answered.

            “I wouldn’t tell, I swear I wouldn’t,” I pleaded as the tears starting to run down my face.

            “Hey, hey, I’m sorry Noreen. Please don’t cry, I can’t stand it when girls cry.”

            “I can’t help it,” I sniffled looking down at the floor.

            “Come here,” he held out his arms. I went over to him and leaned my head against his chest and continued crying even harder. He put his arms around me and began running his hands up and down my back and arms as well as rubbing my neck in an attempt to calm me down.

            “I, is every, ry thing o, ok?” Twitch asked as he stopped in front of the door.

            “I want to go home,” I whimpered as I turned my head away from Twitch and nuzzled my head further into Adam’s chest.

            “I’m, I’m s, sorry,” he said, “H, here I, I have s, some th, thing f, for y, you.”

            “What is it?” I asked as I pulled away from Adam wanting to know what he had. There in his poor twitching hand he held out a beautiful single red rose that was just slightly opened with two perfectly shaped green leaves and that had the thorns plucked off.

            “Ben, it’s beautiful,” I said as I took it from him. He smiled.

            “You, you know m, my name?” he smiled with both his mouth and eyes in happy shock.

            “Yes Ben I know your real name.”

            “Y, you can c, call me t, tw, Twitch, I don, don’t mind ever, every one else d, does.”

            “I like your name though. I’ll call you both. Is that ok?”

            “Y, yeah it, it’s ok. I, I’ll see y, you la, later,” he smiled again and walked off.

            “You calling that meant a lot to him,” Adam smirked as he leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms, “He likes you.” 

            I just smiled and thought to myself, “Yeah and I like you.” Then he left.

             I sat down on my bed and began to think about my parents and what they would think when they came home and I wasn’t there. Then I remembered that Josie and Leon were coming over to the house to clean that day and what they would think when I wasn’t there and them having to call her parents about it. I laid down on my back and continued to think about everything, running their reactions over and over in my head. I wondered if they would go into denial and wait for me to maybe come back in a few days or immediately go all out in search for me. I sighed and continued thinking about it for what seemed like forever. Eventually I fell asleep.      



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another interesting read. I’m liking how you have broken this up into chapters, mostly they seems to end with Noreen sleeping which I empathies with as lets face it how else would a sane person cope with all of this happening to them. I also am now starting to make strong speculations with all the new information you give, such as maybe Ben is getting a crush what with the rose, Noreen might start to develop favor for her nicer jailor Adam as he is the one that seems to be caring for her, or it could go the other way and she might prefer one of the bad boys like Tyler. Either way she’s in deep, and I think its going to be one heck of a rollercoaster ride!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing