Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by abigail elizabeth

It was very nice to have different clothes to wear. I wore the gloves that Twitch gave me every day from then on.

          The next couple of days were once again pretty much uneventful. One thing that was different was Tyler was home more with out women. I had no idea why. The only thing I could think of is the girl that he spent most of his time with had gotten mad at him and they had had a fight about it. He would just sit around on the couch all day watching what ever he pleased on TV while I would just sit there and object to nothing he watched since he scared the hell out of me. Just a movement from him or any type of look he gave to me or any one else had pure evil behind it and sent chills up my spine.

          I wondered what had caused him to be this way. What had happened to him when he was younger that would make him be so evil and hateful. It baffled me, most of the time I sat there I was just studying him for any clues of what the might have been. For the first few days I continued to do this with out him noticing, one day he did.

          “What are you looking at?!” he snarled with a look that seemed to wish death upon me.

          “I’m sorry, I was just thinking…” I trailed off not wishing to finish.

          “About what,” he growled again, took the last sip of his beer, and crushed the can effortlessly in his big strong hand.

          “I was just wondering about you, like what your childhood was like and stuff, but I’m sorry and I won’t stair at you anymore,” I shivered.         

          “I’m in a good mood today Noreen,” he smiled his usual evil smile. “What do you want to know about me?” I could now tell that the four beers he had, had begun to affect him a bit because of his attitude about our conversation.

          “I want to know what life was like for you as a kid,” I said cautiously not wishing to push my luck and upset him in any way.

          “My parents both beat me, Dad beat my mom and they just fought all the time overall. They both drank a lot and did drugs those were some of the reasons they were the way they were. They also had the angriest sex I have ever heard in my life and I have heard a lot of sex. Anyway I had two older brothers; Leo and Noah who got the same treatment as I did and started bring in women, drugs, and alcohol when they were sixteen and fourteen. Of course my parents didn’t care about that. I ran away when I was twelve. Within a year I’d lost all of my virginities.” I raised my eyebrow in confusion at his last comment.

          “I smoked, drank, did drugs, had a gun, a knife, and had had sex,” he answered my unspoken question.

           “I learned quickly it was bully or be bullied with this type of life and people. When I was younger most people I was around thought I was cute and went a head and took care of me but once I hit fifteen or so I wasn’t considered a cute little kid out on the streets any more and I pretty much had to fend completely for my self from that point on. I think you can guess the rest,” he turned his head and looked at me strait faced. I just nodded. “I’m going to bed and I suggest you do the same,” he said as got up from the couch and went over to the stairs. I looked at the clock. It was only 2 in the afternoon.

          “Isn’t it a little early?” I asked a bit confused.

          “We’ve got a heist tonight, a big one and we need you to come along. We’ll be needing all the help we can get,” he turned to continue walking up the stairs, then he stopped.

           “And you had better not make a fuse and cooperate or,” he then made a gun with his hand and held it to his head and smiled, “pop!” another chill went up my spin as he pulled his hand away from his head, turned and went up stairs.

           Suddenly many thoughts went racing through my mind, “Why exactly did they need me? What would I be doing? Who else would be coming?” Then Adam walked through the front door.   

          “Adam,” I rushed over to him. “Is it true?”

          “Is what true?” he asked as he set his keys and wallet down on the kitchen table.

          “That I will be coming with you tonight?”

          “Yes, I’m afraid so,” he replied with a sigh. A feeling of dread came over me. I didn’t want to help them rob some ones house.

          “What will I do,” I wondered, “I mean why would you need me? I would think I would get in your we since I’ve never done it before?”  

          “Help us get and load stuff into the vans.”

          “There will be two of them this time?”

          “Three, this is a big hit, we want to get as much as we can. You might want to get some sleep,” he added as he looked up at the clock. I nodded. Then I went up stairs to my room. I laid in bed for a long hour thinking before I finally fell asleep.

          “N, Nor, Noreen,” Twitch said as he shook me in an attempt to wake me much later in the day.

          “Yes,” I said sleepily as I opened my eyes.

          “I, it’s time,” he said.

          Oh joy,” I thought.

          “You’re coming too?” I said. He nodded and smiled weakly.

          “T, Ty, Tyler w, wants you,” he said and then walked off out of the room and walked down the hall. I pulled the sheets off me got up and as well went quickly down the hall to Tyler’s room. The door was open and he was standing just inside the room.

          “You ready?” he asked me.

          “As ready as I’ll ever be.”   



© 2010 abigail elizabeth


Author's Note

abigail elizabeth
not proof read

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

abigail elizabeth
abigail elizabeth

About
Hi I'm Abbie I'm 19 and I'm from Kansas I've doodled with writing since I was about 12 and really enjoy it. Hope you like what I've written =) more..

Writing