Chapter 01

Chapter 01

A Chapter by Sarah

I am a weird child, my mother always told me. Every time I would say something she’ll just shake her head telling me that what I saw wasn’t real. I don’t see why people cannot believe in the unimaginable. I’ve always been like that, people telling me that I was weird as they came. Why though? Don’t they have imaginations like me? Didn’t they believe in Santa and wished for the Tooth Fairy to leave them a certain amount of money? I’ve always believe in the fantasy, I still do. However, people always say that I have to stop with the nonsense I do.

 

It all started one rainy day. I was in my mother’s room, looking for a book I forgot to pick up. That was when I noticed the dresser mirror. It was rather grand, the wooden draws below it framing the outer frame of the mirror bit. I would always be fascinated in old furniture; it was so impressive that I wouldn’t ever pass it without a care in the world.

 

As I walked up to her dresser, I notice some paper work on the top that had my name on it. This confused me, why did it have my name on it? Was it for me? I scanned the evidence of the paper, but I couldn’t read it well, I was only six. I looked at myself in the mirror for a moment, glancing at my appearance. I was the same as I checked myself in the other mirror across the hall, same brown hair, same blue eyes, and the same green and blue dress I wore that day. Nothing looked new to me, it all looked the same.

 

However, at the corner of my eyes was a girl. At first I looked back, assuming someone was watching me from the door, but no one was there. I looked back, only to find that the girl was closer to me. I gasped, stepping back. She looked identical to me, only instead with black hair and green eyes. I placed a hand on the glass frame, she doing the same. We were like this for a while, before I heard the door open and shut again. My mum was home. I turned back only to find that she wasn’t there.

 

I ran down the stair case, knocking everything as I ran. This was real; I saw it with my own two eyes. Racing down the stair case, I made my way over to my mother, whom was reading by the fire. I huffed, “Mummy!”

She looked at me, raising a brow, “Whatever is it now, Alice?”

I ran to her side, tugging the cuff of her sleeve, “I saw myself!”

“That’s wonderful…” She went back to reading.

“She looked exactly like me, only with black hair and green eyes! She was in the mirror, looking at me! Mummy, I saw a different world in your dresser mirror!”

She stared wide eyes at me, before putting a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it firmly, “Alice, dear, what you saw was in your head, it wasn’t real.”

“But I saw it!”

“Dear, be a good girl and go read and don’t mention this to your father.”

“But-”

“Go, and not another word out of you.”

 

Why didn’t anyone believe me? I told father despite my mother’s warning, and he told me that I was insane and should be sent to the nut house. But I wasn’t insane, what I saw was true, it had to be. I was sure, I was sure that I wasn’t insane, I was normal like every other child. It didn’t make any sense to me at that time, it still doesn’t.

 

The next day it was school, and it was raining. Everything that was in the rain’s path was getting soaked. I love the rain, but I don’t think the other people did. I have no friends, which was why I was at the window, staring out of it while the teacher taught the children how to count to ten. I could see my reflection, and that girl I saw in my mother’s mirror the other day. I turned to face the classroom door, only to find no one there. When I looked back, she wasn’t there. For the whole day I was staring out that window, ignoring the bulling I was getting by the group of girls in the corner.

 

On my way home, I spotted a puddle. It was rather large, and to my child mind, it was the most fascinating thing I spotted in a life’s time. As I strolled up to it, all I saw was my reflection in the water below me, and nothing else. From behind, I could hear Casey, a person who talked to me time to time, waving. I waved, noticing the puddle was turning black. My head shot back, only to see the girl again.

 

She held out a hand, smiling, “Come…” Her voice was so breathy.

I stared, before backing away, “No…I have to get home. Bye.” I ran.

 

Ever since that day I told myself that I was insane, and I still believe so. I’m sixteen now, a high school student that gets picked on very easily. I’m walking to school, my iPod booming music in my ears. They said that today was going to be nothing but sunshine. I don’t want it to be sunshine, I want it to rain. I’ve been begging for weeks now, but no change in the weather. This world isn’t fair.

 

The gates are closed, but there are mountains of students here, egger to get inside. I don’t see why though, everything that comes out of this place is either back or cruel.

 

I pull out my phone, inspecting my appearance. I still look the same, same hair, same eyes, and same mind. However, there was something in the corner of the phone screen. It was some girl that looked like me, like when I was younger. I look back, to see no one. As I glanced towards the phone again, she was closer, placing her hand on the screen. I gasp, looking back again to see if it was anyone making fun of me. Seeing as no one was, my eyes darted back towards the screen, only to find she wasn’t there.

 

The gates opened, and I rushed inside to my form room. Just who was that?

 



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah