Chapter 04

Chapter 04

A Chapter by Sarah

My eyes widen as the person below me smirks. Just why was she doing this to me, she’s never done this, let alone actually talked to me in a full sentence. Her black hair is dripping in rain water as her eyes hold his icy glare. She’s staring into my soul, glaring at all my thoughts right now. This doesn’t even make any sense; I didn’t do anything bad to her, so why is she doing bad things to me?

 

The sun peeks out behind from the clouds, opening its eyes again from hiding for those brief minutes. It shone down, soaking every wet patch in site, including the puddle in front of me. As I watch this puddle disappear, I notice the girl is still smirking, but she’s walking away. Weird, does she know when the rain stops?

 

I’m now staring at the ground still, utterly in shock. What was that? I’m insane, that must be why I keep seeing her. Yet, it felt so real, that doesn’t even make any sense. I wish I knew why this is happening to me and not anyone else. I don’t want to be different from anyone else, I want to be normal. Unfortunately though, I am stuck with the burden of seeing things others cannot. Why though? Everyone must’ve given up on seeing things unimaginable. Nothing ever makes any sense.

 

I was on the floor for quite some time, until a tap on my shoulder made me snap back into reality. I look at the person, only to find Casey. I sigh, “May I help you with anything?”

She bends down, “Sorry, I cannot hear you, you whisper a hell of a lot, ya know!”

“May I help you with anything?”

“Oh, well no…But,” she chuckles, “You’re on the ground! Did someone push ya over or something?!” 

“I…Ah…” I stutter, “K..Kinda…I’ve been on the floor for quite some time now…”

She laughs, “Thought so! Some people are saying that ya talking to yourself, and it’s kinda scaring people!” She stands, holding out a hand, “Come on!”

I take the hand, and immediately I’m pulled up and pushed forward. I stroll, “Where are we going?”

“Ah, back inside! I’ve been looking all over for ya! I’ve gotta show ya something!”

“What?”

“Well, ya know how you said that if ya look in a mirror on a rainy day you see another world? Well, I saw it!”

I gasp, “Did you really?”

“Oh yeah! The world looks as if it was burning! Like, it was on fire!”

 

That’s really strange. How can she see that world? No one else can, but she can? She must be making fun of me, people always do. However, her eyes seem to be telling the truth. Why doesn’t this world make any sense? Why can’t anything make sense? I wish it did, that way I know what to do. Why can’t the world actually be sane for once, I want it to fit into the puzzle that I’m figuring out.

 

We made our way towards the building, which I was then lead into the Library they have here. It’s rather grand, not to mention old fashioned which I am entirely fond of. The grand oak stood out in the sun light, making it glows within the lights in the room. The shelves were aligned with books, one after the other. At the corner of the room is this mirror, I haven’t got a clue why they have a mirror in this place.

 

I was shoved in front of the mirror, Casey waiting eagerly. Why was I here again? I don’t remember, but it’s not raining, and if she wants to see the world, it has to rain. After a few minutes I hear her growl, “I did see it!” Oh, so she was looking for the world. But as I said before, it has to rain to make this world to appear. I’m not too sure why though, but that’s how it works.

 

She groans out of frustration, brushing her fingers against the books, “Why won’t it come up?! I must be insane!”

I held out a hand, “It has to rain…”

“What? You need a louder voice, ya know!”

“I said, it has to rain.”

“Really? Why?”

I shrug, “I don’t know…”

She walks towards the door, sighing, “I’m telling ya, I did see it! When it rains, I’ll drag you to a mirror! I did see it, I ain’t insane!” She slams the door shut, leaving me in the centre of the room.

 

Since I’m in here, I might as well brows for a little while. No one is in here anyway, so why not. All the books have something to do with history, which I hate. Also, they seem rather out of date. The bindings of them seem to be falling apart, the spine all tattered and damaged. I could barely make out the titles one the binding either, which really annoys me. I would like to know what I’m reading. However, one book stood out.

 

It wasn’t like the other books here, this one looks ancient. The black leather binding is nearly torn off, with only the title bit staying in place. The title is rather strange as well; it’s called Earth And Beyond: What Lies In The Middle? This is a rather weird title if I do say so myself, what a stupid question. How is anyone meant to know what lies in the middle of the Earth? Reaching a hand out, I grab the book of its shelf, beginning to read it.

 

This is a very interesting read; the author has some point about what lies in the middle of this planet. Apparently, according to this author, in the middle of Earth lies a different world. Well, not entirely a different world, more like a gothic version of this world as I read. I wonder if she’s seen the other world that I see, it seems that way. Yet again, I am insane, so she probably would not, and never seen, the world that lies on the other side of the mirror.

 

Speaking of that thing, Casey seems very convinced that she seen the world, but I don’t know. People always make fun of me because of the things I believe in anyway, so why should I believe in what she told me? Her eyes though, her eyes seems to be telling the truth somehow. But how though? I’m the only one in the entire place that believes in something this ridiculous, yet here she is claiming that she does too. But how, I want to know.

 

I decide to take this book with me and head towards my room, tired. I want to do nothing more than read the day away, without able talking to anyone. I, in all honesty, don’t want to talk to anyone right now. I sit on my bed, my head on my knees, as I began to read some more.

 

I was so soaked in this book that I failed to see two things. One, that is was raining yet again, and two, Casey rushing into the room. I glance up, looking at what she is doing. She seems to be looking for something, but what? Her eyes laid on me, smiling nervously, “Have you seen a black notebook anywhere? It has my Math homework in it…” I shook my head, and she rampages through the cupboards and shelves in the room.

 

As she searches, the rain begins to fall down hard. It’s been raining for three days in a row now, and each time it’s getting worse. I stare out the window, noticing something. The world came back, but instead of that girl I always see, I saw a different person with orange hair. She seems scared, practically terrified. Her blue eyes were huge with fear, as she pressed a hand on the window, crying.

 

Who is this girl?

 



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah