Chapter 07

Chapter 07

A Chapter by Sarah

I don’t remember this happening before; it’s a new chapter of this book. We stand there for quite some time; I don’t remember when we even got here. This place seems too gloomy, as if someone had painted it all grey, expecting it to be a depressing picture. The sun glares down on us, but we don’t move. The puddles gone, what’re we going to do now? It doesn’t even make any sense, at first I thought it did, but now it just doesn’t. The life around this place is dead, I wonder why though. I mean, the people are still acting the same, walking about and chatting among each other, but it’s just something about the way the talk to one another that scares me. They’re all getting along, without a care in the world. My mind is trying to get around the fact that this is certainly not a dream.

 

I glance at Casey, regretting it immediately. She looks so nervous, almost scared. Her eyes are still huge with fear, which doesn’t make any sense coming from here. It’s Casey, the girl how isn’t afraid of anything because she’s can see the supernatural or something. However, I think that she’s scared due to the fact that this world is under threat of changing anytime soon, or that the reflection from the mirror aren’t to be trusted. I can tell that she’s going to explode with confusion; her face has it written all over her. I sigh, how am I going to explain that this world isn’t under threat but on some random day it could change either for the best or the worst?

 

The heat is starting to get to me, so I walk back inside towards the entertainment room eight, the only one that is free from all the stupid popular people. I need some reality fix right now, and the only thing I can think of that has reality on it is the television. I stroll among the other people that have occupied the other entertainment rooms, and into mine. I like room eight, it has an old fashioned look to it but with a twist. The room is covered in what seems like Victorian English furniture, with one bookcase covering the left wall, the movie shelf on the other. I walk towards the movie shelf, pulling out some random drama. I don’t mind, I just need something to watch. I slump down into the couch, after putting the movie on, and just watch.

 

This movie always makes me cry, it’s called My Enchanted Heart. To explain this movie would be difficult, but all I have to say is this. It’s about this girl who is dying from a disease and only has a year left to live. During the year, she does what she always wanted to do, her wishes come true. What makes me cry is the ending, she dies, but her last words are ‘You’ll always be with me, I love you all…’ Yes, that may be a little cliché, but it just hits the heart. Reality movies are always either emotional or strange. Either way, there the things that I need to get back into reality.

 

I’ve been in here for a while now, watching drama after drama. I’m really seduced with watching this, that I don’t realise that someone has entered the room. I don’t hear the footsteps at first, but as they got closer, my mind clicks. I turn towards the person, noticing that it’s someone I’ve never seen before. The person is new, I can tell because he’s wearing his uniform on the weekends. Also, his hair colour is so weird for a guy, its sky blue. That’s against one of the rules here to have hair colour like that, yet again, Casey has purple bangs in her hair, so am I to judge. He looks very pale, almost white. His eyes are deep green, which is incredibly odd considering his hair.

 

I stare at him, “May I help you with anything?”

He stutters, “U-umm, I’m s-sorry, but what d-did you say?”

I sigh, speaking up, “May I help you with anything?”

“Oh! W-well, actually, y-yes you can.” He sighs, “I…I need t-to ask you something…”

“Umm…Okay then. What do you need?”

He gulps, “You can see it too, can’t you?”

“See what?”

“The other world in the mirror.”

My eyes widen, “How do you know about that? That’s just my imagination playing up! People can’t see it!”

 

He sits next to me, starting to explain everything. Apparently, it’s not only me who can see the world, only the people that can see and talk to the dead can also. That explains why Casey can see them, but what about the other people? I asked him this, and he tells me that people like me are incredibly rare, we can see more than just the world. According to him, I can also entre the world and change the scene. I don’t understand though, how can I change the scene? He says that I just can, but how? All of this gives me a headache.

 

He finally tells me his name, which is Steffen. Now that’s a name people don’t hear every day. It’s so old school yet modern in a way. I walk out of the room once we’re done talking, walking into my room. I spread myself out on the bed, my hair coming out of its loose tie. I’m so tired; I can’t be bothered to do anything. I notice that Casey isn’t in the room, which is to be expected, it’s a Saturday afternoon after all. However, just when I was about to go into a light doze, the door crashes open, Casey strolling in with some books in her hands. I feel like reading now, but I want to see what she’s up to. I remain quiet, as she lies on her bed, reading. I sigh, Casey reading is a rare sight to behold.

 

She looks at me, grinning, “Hey!”

I nod, “Hi…”

“You know about the thing we saw at mid-morning? Well, I found some books on it! Supernatural sightings and all, I have found things I can relate too, people won’t call me crazy now!” She laughs, “Not saying that you’re crazy, ya not!”

“Books about this? What are you trying to do?”

“Prove that it does exist!”

 

I sigh, falling into a light doze.         



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah