Chapter 02

Chapter 02

A Chapter by Sarah

My ears are met with the chatter of the people that lived in the dorms that are here, chatting away about their holidays and the happiness they’ve spent through it. I rushed passed them, towards my dorm, not caring if anyone saw me. I hate my holidays, it was nothing but torture. You see, I kept seeing things over the holidays that I wasn’t supposed to see, and my father kept on accusing me, saying that I needed to live in the nut house for the rest of my life, while my mother nodded in agreement. It’s not my fault that I believe in all mystical things, which included ghosts. I don’t see why people cannot believe in them though, I have seen them before.

 

As I turned a corner of this massive building, I couldn’t help but over hear a conversation that a person was having with a teacher. Apparently, John, one of the boys here, was discussing with the teacher about some weird sightings. He said something about seeing something dark in one of the mirrors. My ears peeked up a little, as I rudely listened to the conversation more. However, as he was about to explain what he saw, the teacher brushed him off and walked away. Why must this be?

 

I arrive at a room that I’ll be staying in for the rest of the year. It was room 207, which is, in my opinion, such an odd number. I stood there for quite a while, thinking. Why did my mother send me to this stupid boarding school for? Wait, I remember, it was to make me hang around people my own age. Like that is going to happen, I’ve been promoted to the most insane person throughout the school anyway. I get stared at all the time, so what’s the point of staying? Plus, every time I get a dorm mate, they always push me out of my room. Stupid people.

 

I decide to turn the knob of the door, it making a creaking noise as I did. Taking in a deep breath, I opened the door, looking inside. I regrated it immediately, seeing that the walls were painted black. I also notice boxes were laid across the floors, some were mine and some belonged to another person. Someone was already moving into the room, I don’t want to deal with them kicking me out. Taking a step back, I accidentally bump into someone.

 

I was met with the person, raising a brow. I have never seen this one before, her hair was as white as snow and she had blue bangs hanging from her face, grinning up at me. She looks like an optimistic person, and in all honesty, I don’t like optimistic people. She was taller than me too, which put me on the spot. Usually, I’m the taller one, but this was really weird.

 

I gulped, “Umm…”

She laughs, “You must be Alice, eh?”

“Ahh, yeah?”

Her grin grew larger, “It’s nice to meet ya! I’m your new roommate, Casey!” She shoved me in the room, and that was when I noticed another one of my boxes in her arms. She laughs more, “Yeah, the teacher said that ya gonna be my new roommate, so she decided to make me carry them into your room!”

My eyes soften. She really didn’t need to do that, I was going to pick up my belongings when I had the chance today anyway. “You really didn’t need to-”

“Ah, it’s not a problem! I don’t mind at all! Say, wanna come and have dinner in the dining hall with me and the gang?!”

I nod, defeated, “Alright then…”

 

The walk towards the dining hall was a silent one, but this girl, Casey I believe, made some conversation. In all honesty, I don’t like people that much, yet she keeps talking to me. Well, it’s more like she’s talking to herself, I didn’t talk that much.

 

The dining hall is really majestic, with its large spacious room for everyone. People are either lining up to get their food, or at random tables chatting amongst each other while eating. The oak rich tables shone in the lights that came from the sealing, as did the chairs; they were polished up fine, by the looks of things. A large chandelier was in the centre of the ceiling, the light making the crystal shine brightly.

 

Casey lead me towards a table with two guys, one of them was John. His orange hair is always spiked up, pointing towards the ceiling. The other boy, however, is such a beauty in my eyes, its Sky. His blond hair went up to his shoulders, as his glasses hid those brown eyes of his. They both looked at us, and I felt as if I was shrinking.

 

Casey waves, “Hey.”

“Hi…” John points at me, “Who’s that?”

“This is Alice! She’s my roommate!” She places a hand on my back, which make me jerk forward a little, “She’s gonna sit with us!”

He shrugs, “Fine…”

Sky smiles at me, and I could feel myself blush, “It’s finally nice to meet you, Alice.”

“Y…You t..too!” I stutter.

Casey drags me towards the food stations, “We’ll be back!”

 

The line for the food station is rather large. The food station has these ladies’ behind the glass, giving food on a tray towards us. I don’t like the line, there’s always that one person who starts back chatting me, saying that I need to go to the mental hospital. But I’m just like them, I eat, I sleep, I do what they do, yet I get mocked all the time.

 

A tap on my shoulder got my attention, as I see Casey grin at me, “So, Alice. What are ya interested in?!”

“Umm…”

Her eyes narrow, “You do have beliefs, right?” I was confused, and she chuckles, “Ya know, do ya believe in mystical creatures or something?”

I nod, “I do, but people don’t seem to believe me when I say this…”

“Ah, I do! Ya know why, it’s because I believe in spirits and stuff like that!” The line moved along, and she smiles, “So, what do ya believe in then?”

“If I tell you, you’ll probably take me for a mental case…”

“Nah! Just try me!”

“I believe that when you look into a mirror on a rainy day, there is another world that has you in it, but a different you…” I whisper.

“Oh, that’s certainly…Something interesting to believe in I must say!”

 

The line moves, and our food is placed on our trays. It was chicken and some other side dishes. However, that wasn’t the thing that interested me. What interested me was the window. I looked out it, finding a different world. It was darker than this world, and no one was there, just the bare fields. I look behind me, noticing everyone was gone, then walked back towards the table. Before I sit down, I glance at the window, noticing the world was gone.

 

Strange.  



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah