Chapter 03

Chapter 03

A Chapter by Sarah

I rampage through my boxes, trying to find this book that I keep with some sighting I’ve seen. Dinner was alright, people asking me questions that I didn’t want to answer, instead getting my blank face at them. I don’t see why people need a voice though, I don’t like talking that much, yet they encourage me. I wish they stopped though; it’s getting on my nerves.

 

I finally found what I was looking for. It’s a journal I had ever since I was six, which I record every strange event that happens to me over my lifetime. It a simple black leather binding book, nothing special at all. I flip it open to the page that I was currently on, and begin to write. All I write is what happens throughout the day when a new weird sighting is found, and today nothing happened. Nothing at all. Why though, why won’t anything happen? It doesn’t make any sense. Placing my notebook down, I rampage though my stuff to find something. It doesn’t matter what it is, I just want to find something that will help me find out why.

 

Oh, a mirror. It’s a face mirror this time, and I look into it. I see my boring eyes, my boring face, and my boring self. Nothing special, nothing fancy. I look out the window, seeing the drizzle fall from the sky. Such a nice sight that is, so beautiful. I look back towards the mirror, gasping.

 

There was the world again. It was so dark and gloomy, with tattered flags hanging from the flag poles, people hiding in fear. As I moved the mirror, I could see more of this world. I saw a fire illuminating from a random town house in the corner, people cowering in fear as it crashes down towards the ground. The other side I could see people, I think they were what you call nobles, laughing at their expenses. Why though? However, in the middle of that crowd of people, was that girl. She walks up towards me, placing a hand on the mirror, smirking. Why is she smirking?

 

A knock at my door scared me, as I walk up to the door, opening it. It was Casey, wanting to come in. Stepping aside, I let her go in. As I was shutting the door, I spared a glance at the mirror on the floor, only to see that the world was gone. Wait, gone? It can’t be gone! I rush towards the window, opening it. It’s not raining anymore, that cannot be!

 

A hand on my shoulder made me jump, “Umm…”

Casey sighs, “What are you doing? It’s cold outside! You’ll let in a draft!” She shuts the window and curtains, staring at me, “What’s with you anyway?”

I gulp, “Umm…I..It’s hard to explain…”

She raises a brow, lying herself on top of her bed, “You okay? You don’t seem okay…”

“I…I’m fine…Thank you for worrying…”

“Okay then?” She yawns, closing her light off, “See ya in the morning then!”

“Good night…” I take a glance at the mirror one last time, before setting up for sleeping as well.

 

I’m running, my feet pounding against the hard concrete path as I did so. I see the world on fire, flames was all I could see in my vision. I turn a corner, heading into an alleyway. I don’t care if this won’t help me; I need to escape from the person chasing me. I don’t know when it happened, but a random person started to chase me. This didn’t make any sense to me, heck I don’t even know where I am. The last thing I remember was that I woke up in this place, and I started to run.

 

I huff as I hit a dead end, realising there was no escape. The person came closer to me, holding his knife in his hand over his head, smirking at me. My eyes widen as it came closer and closer towards my body, as I shouted out, crying for help.

 

My eyes shot open, as I sit up, sweat rolling down my face. Frantically I look around, taking my surroundings in. My alarm clock on the dresser was glowing a green 3:45am; my dresser mirror shows my bedroom and all its belongings. I glance over towards my right, seeing my dorm mate snoring as she sleeps. It was a dream? It felt so real though, it couldn’t had been a dream, it just couldn’t. My eyes felt heavy again, as my head went back to the pillow, falling deep into them. I was seduced back into dream land.

 

I opened one of my eyes again, feeling as the sun was kissing them awake. It must be morning, I know it is. Sitting up, I notice that Casey wasn’t in the room, as her bed was made. I stroll up towards the window, noticing a puddle in the ground. Oh, it must’ve rained again last night. The clouds look as if they could fall any minute, so I’ll take my chances.

 

Today is a Saturday, so we have a day off due for the weekends. Once I was changed, I decided to take a walk around outside, not caring if the rain was soaking my hair. Puddles were everywhere, but I dare not to look into them, knowing that the rain brings unexpected surprises. I decide to run for a little bit, not caring if people saw me as weird. I just want to feel the rain on my face.

 

However, as I did, I accidentally bumped into someone and landed into a puddle. This made me look into the puddle, but what I saw scared me. I saw the man who chased me last night in my dream, with that knife. He came closer, running like a madman towards the puddles surface. I was about to pull away, but something changed. When the guy came closer, he suddenly disappeared, leaving no traces that he was there. A person started to walk up to the puddles surface, placing a hand onto the surface. It’s the girl.

 

She smirks, “When the rain falls, expect the unexpexted.”  



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah