Chapter 05

Chapter 05

A Chapter by Sarah

I’m beginning to wonder if I’m actually insane. This whole theory of seeing a different world in a mirror or a puddle is starting to stick to me, I don’t get it. However, as I see this girl crying out for help, I just stare.

 

This is so weird; she’s not the person I normally see. The rain pattered down on her pale figure, making her look rather pale than then she is actually. Her orange hair is soaked to the bone; in fact, she is soaked to the bone. I don’t get it though, if it’s raining in this world, shouldn’t it be normal there? Her expression holds a painful look, mixed with fear and lonely. I just only stare, this isn’t right.

 

As I do, I notice something in the background. It’s the girl I normally see, but she’s talking to someone. The person is on his knees, pleading her to stop and not to give him harm. She laughs; raising her right hand and smacking his cheek, making him fall towards the ground. She laughs again, kneeling down. Now she is whispering something in his ear, I don’t know what though, but his eyes grow huge in fear. The girl that is in front of me looks back and screams as the man is being tutored. I’m presuming that the man is her father; they do seem to look alike.

 

I just stare, not taking my eyes off the scene. This didn’t make any sense, just what was she doing? I’m so seduced by this that I fail to see Casey. However, she screams, “S**t! That’s her! That’s the girl I saw! The one with the black hair!”

“So I’m not insane…”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing…I’m just wondering who the other girl is…”

Her head glances at the window, taking everything in. Her eyes dance across the scene, taking everything in. She gulps, “Violent much…”

I sigh, “I’m presuming that she’s the leader of the place…”

“Leader? What like a God or something?”

I shrug, “I presume…”

 

The girl is gone now; instead the one that looks like me comes towards us. She laughs, placing a hand on the glass in front of her. She starts to say something in a language I don’t understand, completely focusing on my eyes. Hers are hard and cold, and they stay that way. For a long time, she just says the words over and over, and stops. When she stops, my hand sinks in the mirror, and Casey had to pull me out. However, as we both step back, the girl begins to come out.

 

Her foot takes a step out of the mirror, same with her other one. Pretty soon, she’s out of the mirror, and standing in front of us, smirking. Our eyes widen with fear, and I begin to clutch the book closer to my chest. She walks towards us, but walk slowly away, in fear that she’ll torture us. However, our backs are met with the door, and she stops, one foot away from us. Her eyes are like daggers, they stare into our souls as she laughs.

 

She laughs, “You don’t expect anything when the rain falls…”

“U-umm…”

Her eyes go to me, “Alice, I’m presuming?” I nod, and she smirks, “I’m your bad copy.”

“My what?”

“Bad copy. You see, on the other side of every mirror or window, there are bad copies of yourself, that’s what you see. However, it depends on how many middle names you have.”

“Middle names?”

She smirks, “You are Alice Tiffany Mary Mitchel, therefore, there is me, Tiffany, and unfortunately, you haven’t met Mary yet.”

 

Okay, this doesn’t make any sense. What’s a bad copy of me? Is it a worse or nicer version of me? Tiffany, the person from the mirror, is the worse copy of me, and I think, I’m not entirely sure, but I think that Mary is the nicer version of me. However, I wonder who the other girl was, the one with the orange hair? She seems to look a lot like Casey, but I don’t think she has a middle name.

 

Speaking of Casey, she seems really freaked out. That doesn’t surprise me, this will freak out anyone. However, why isn’t that I am not freaking out? Sure, the first site of this was unbelievably shocking, but for some reason, I’m not frightened anymore. Yes, I’m still shocked, but not frighten. Casey eyes are so wide with fear; I haven’t seen any person with such wide eyes before. I sigh; this was getting out of hand.

 

A knock on our door got Tiffany’s attention, and she walked back towards the mirror, stepping into it. She smirks as she’s on the other side, saying that we should be careful in the near future. Careful? About what? She disappears, and we were met with the other girl. She seems to be really scared as Tiffany passes her, but she sheers her way back to the window, placing a hand on it. She is pleading for help, saying that she is desperately sorry for what she has done.

 

I ask, “Who are you?”

She looks at me, “I’m the bad copy of Casey. My name is Hope…”

“Really?”

She nods, “Yes, and I have something to tell you…”

“What?”

She looks into my eyes, “She coming to get you…” I notice the rain has stopped, “She coming to get you…” She disappears.

“Wait!”

 

Who’s coming to get me?

 

   



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah