Chapter 08

Chapter 08

A Chapter by Sarah

The hand on my shoulder was cold and lifeless. Moans were coming from each corner of the streets, moving closer towards me as I ran. The lights were coming into long blurs of lights as I ran up. The people from behind me are coming closer as I take another step. I huff as this becomes tiring, but I have to keep running. The hill seems to grow bigger and bigger as I run up it. Each thing I run pass becomes a blur, but it’s mainly the lights. However, as I make it up the hill, finally to flat ground, there was a mirror in my view.

 

It stood there, marking its ground. The light from the streets are bouncing off the frame, making it hard to see. I run up towards it, not too sure why, and placed my hand onto the frame. It was cold, almost ice like. As I did, the rain was bucketing down onto me, making my already wet clothes soaked to the bone. The mirror reflection turned white before the black spilt over the frame like paint. A glow was seen in the mirror, a white glow. A figure walked up towards me, the light becoming brighter. I wince, placing a hand on the frame, instantly a cold hand was placed on the other side of it. I back away, eyes widening.

 

What appeared before me was a guy, but his face was seriously pale and his features weren’t healthy at all. His glassy eyes had a hint of blue, his black hair waving in the wind. He’s crying, pleading out for help. His arms were full of scares and scratches that ran from his finger tips to his shoulder blades. His cries grew louder and louder as he went on his knees, begging for me to save him. My eyes grew with horror as I knelt down, placing my hand in the frame, unsure what to do. However, as I did, something changed. The boy disappeared in a click of a flash, replacing him with someone I didn’t want to see.

 

Tiffany laughed, smirking, “You see, Alice…You have to expect the unexpected otherwise you die.” A knife appeared in my view next, and that when I began to run. I huffed as she was just walking right behind me, but somehow keeping up with my pace. I somehow hit a dead end, which isn’t good in my ordeal right now. I look at Tiffany, who was now smirking, raising the knife above her head. She laughed, “Say hello to this world of pain, Alice.” The knife flew down when she moved her hand closer to my chest.

 

My eyes shot open as I looked around the room, realising that I’m in my room, staring at the ceiling. My eyes searched the room for any mirror or any sign of Tiffany, but I got nothing. I sigh in relief, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. This is all getting too weird, just why am I dreaming of death? This is starting to freak me out a little, I sit up, groaning. I have a massive headache right now, so if anyone is to dare to disturb me, they’re dead.  Though, that guy did look awfully familiar. I wonder who is.

 

I think I missed dinner, I don’t remember it being this dark. Still, I don’t care; I just don’t to look in another mirror. I glance out the window; it’s not raining though a storm cloud is seen. Storm clouds must get really lonely, they seem to be. All they do is sat in the sky, waiting for someone to break their hearts so they can cry it out by rain. Although, I would prefer if they didn’t, that way I won’t be having these stupid nightmares, also the mirror thing. I hate it; it’s starting to get on my nerves a little. Maybe this is all a dream, and when I wake up, I’ll be in the nut house for a second time in my life! That’ll be the day, but it won’t, they never come. I want them to come though, I’m mentally ill, I see things, how much more do people want?

 

A knock on my door got me back into reality, and I rubbed my eyes. I sigh, “Come in…”

The door opened, revealing Casey with a plate in her hands. She laughs, “Good evening! Ya missed dinner so I brought up some for ya! Also…” She opened the door, and Sky and John, “These idiots wanted to come! Why, I haven’t got a clue, they’re idiots!” She laughs harder.

I blush at the sight of sky, “Oh! Hello!” I glare at John, “Hi…”

John folds his arms, “Honestly, geeze….” He walks in, they all walk in, and he sat at my desk. He looks around, “Black walls? You guys need a new coat of paint…”

Sky sets himself on the ground near my bed, “I agree, black isn’t a nice colour to have for walls…”

“We’re actually thinkin’ of painting them aqua or something.” Casey eats what appears to be a sandwich, “Or maybe navy blue….”

“Dude, don’t you ever stop eating?” John sighs, “And people say I should stop eating…”

“Hey! I don’t have this perfect figure for nothin’ ya know! I’m an athlete!”

“Yeah, an athlete, an athlete who can see the supernatural and crap…”

“Hey, hey, hey! They can hear ya!” She looks at me, “Ya okay? You seem scared, surprised or shocked…”

 

Oh, she sees it now. Of course I’m surprised, heck I’m still am. People just don’t come up to me every day and talk an actual conversation with me. This is all too weird, why is everything turning out this way? I never ask for any of this, I never ask to see things I don’t want to see, meeting people that I wouldn’t normally talk to, having these dreams that scare me half to death. Why is this? I don’t want it to be this way, which is why I want to go into a mental asylum. I wouldn’t mind.

 

Thunder boomed from the sky above, and I sigh. Rain again? Why do we always get rain, this reminds me of London, the stupid city of rain. In fact, all my childhood memories have a rainy day in them. Being English myself, the rain just brings annoyance to my day, but apparently for some people in this country it brings happiness. Why are these people so weird for? I want to go back to London, back to my room, back to that mirror in my room. The mirror is the thing that started this whole unravelling of the package anyway; it started the superstition of the mirrors.

 

The rain patters down on the windows, and I sigh. However, unknown to everyone else, something was different. The world appeared again, yes, but something was different about it.

 

The new kid was inside it.    



© 2013 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: When The Rain Falls


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia



About
Umm...Hey, I'm Sarah, and I'm fifteen years old. I'm currently in Australia, and I write. It's a hobbie, but people say that my writing will go somewhere big one day. I like anime, Marvel, anything .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Sarah


Red Balloons Red Balloons

A Book by Sarah