Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes

I stumbled around all the people in Eric’s living room and rounded the corner in the kitchen seeing Josh standing by the counter.


“Hi.” I said drunkenly. “What are you doing?” My eyes turned to the counter and noticed he was rolling a joint. “Oh, I see. You and Torie gonna toke up.” I chuckled.


He looked at me and laughed slightly. “No this is just for me, but you’re welcome to join me.” He licked the ends and rolled it together. “But only you.” He looked around and saw if anybody was looking.


I steadied myself against the counter and took a gulp of my beer. “Okay.”


I followed him out towards the back yard and we walked over to the swing set in Eric’s back yard.  “Where are Eric’s parents?” I asked sitting down on the swing.


He lit up the joint and took a long drag. “I couldn’t tell ya.” He coughed a little before hitting it again.

I looked down at my swaying feet.


Abbys gonna kill me, I got dirt and s**t on the heels of her shoes.


He handed it towards me and I shook my head. “No thank you.”


He bent down in front of me. “Oh come on just try it.” He laughed sweetly. He took a drag and got so close to my mouth I thought he was going to kiss me, but all he did was blow the smoke directly into my mouth.


I inhaled the smoke and it burned my lungs. I blew it out and coughed a little. “That’s a little rough.” I started to swing and looked out into the night sky. “So, this is what you do now?” I kicked Abby’s shoes off and pumped my legs.


He sat down on the swing beside me and took another drag. “It’s not all I do. I got a job with my dad down at ware house and I’ve been loading up trucks since the summer.” He grabbed a hold on my swing pulling it to a wobbly stop. “Can I do that again?” He asked taking another drag off the joint.


I nodded and leaned in.


He put his hands on either side of my cheek, I opened my lips slightly and he grazed them when he blew the smoke in.


I stood up and blew the smoke out. “I need another drink.” I said abruptly and picked up the shoes off the grass.


He stood up and towered over me. “Ah, f**k I’m sorry Layla I didn’t mean to do that.” He pleaded. “Don’t go back in yet, I haven’t seen you in a long time.” He gave me a shy smile and put his hands in his pockets.


I eyed his Pantera tea shirt and sighed. “Okay.”


I could feel the pot working its magic and I suddenly had the urge to just lie in the grass. I pulled my last cigarette out of my pack. “This is my last one, so please don’t take it.” I looked up at him and he smiled and nodded.


I lay in the grass and stared at the stars breathing out the minty smoke.


Josh lay down beside me.


“Talk to Phoebe lately?” He asked trying to make conversation.


I shook my head and took a long drag. “Called her yesterday to tell her off for getting me suspended, but she didn’t answer. She never does.” I sighed.


“Do you miss her still?” He sounded concerned.


My eyes drifted towards the cars parked up and down the drive way of Eric’s house. “Unfortunately.” I took another drag and breathed out.


“Layla, listen-“ He was cut off.


“Babe?”


We both turned our attention toward Torie standing over by the porch.


She was dressed in all black with torn tights and combat boots. She made her way over to us and we sat up.


“Sorry to break up the reunion.” She smiled looking at Josh. “I gotta make a run babe can I borrow the keys?”


He fiddled in his pockets and handed them to her. She bent down in front of him. “How much have you had to drink?” He asked concerned. I pulled my legs up to my chest putting my cigarette out in front of me.


“Only a couple of beers.” She smiled. “I knew I was going to have to make a run so I said no to the beer bong calling my name.” She laughed revealing perfect white teeth. She kissed his lips firmly. “I wont be gone long.” She said standing up.


“Okay, baby.” Josh said before she walked off into the dark towards his pickup.


I watched her leave and turned toward Josh. “How did you meet her anyways?”


He stood up suddenly. “At the airport.” He said quickly.


I glanced up at him. “When you were heading for college?” I asked curiously.


He shook his head. “When you were.”


I shot up faster than I thought I could. “You met her that f*****g day?” I snapped. “We were broken up for what? Two minutes and you hook up with nearest f*****g chick? Are you serious?” I stormed off with shoes in hand.


“Layla wait! Just let me explain!” He called out. I managed to flip him off before stumbling back into the party.

I saw Tod sitting over on the couch. “Come with me.” I said grabbing his hand.


He immediately followed in my direction and I drug him down the steps into the basement.


I shoved him down onto the beaten up old recliner and climbed on top of him after throwing Abby’s shoes on the ground. I started kissing him furiously and he wrapped his hands around the back of my neck pushing my tongue deeper in his mouth.


I took the Vodka bottle out of his hands and took two big gulps and poured some into his mouth.


At this point I was too drunk to ignore my second voice.


Rip his shirt off.


And so I did. He pulled me down for a deeper kiss and unclasped my bra pulling it off. I trailed kisses up and down his chest and he let out a soft moan as my mind drifted elsewhere.


"I know. Just know.." He kissed my forehead gently. "That I will always love you.." I closed my eyes and let tears fall. He walked away from me. He got further and further away until I never saw him again.


I pulled away from Tod abruptly. “I’m sorry I can’t do this.” I shook my head and got off him looking for my shirt.


Classy Layla, you were supposed to keep your clothes on.


It was fun until you ruined it.


I pulled my shirt on and flipped my hair a couple times trying not to look so messy.


I slipped on Abby’s shoes. “I need a cigarette.” I said and headed for the stairs.


“Um, okay.” Tod said kind of annoyed. “I guess I’ll see you up there.” He pulled his shirt back over his head and grabbed the vodka bottle.


I smiled and headed up the steps into the living room. I saw Abby and Broc making out on the couch by the window. “Abby, let me get a cigarette.” I said sitting down next to her.


She pulled away and looked me up and down. “Oh, you didn’t.” She chuckled.


God damn Abby, she’s a f*****g mind reader.


I rolled my eyes at her. “No, I didn’t. Can I please have one?” I pleaded not wanting to talk about it. She laughed a little and handed me a Newport. “Thanks, as you were.” I said and stood up. I walked towards the front door and sat on the porch.


“What do you mean he just took off?”


I looked over and saw Josh and Torie arguing in the corner by the house. I lit up my cigarette and let out a slow breath.


“Meaning he grabbed the bag and just ran off.” Torie said throwing her arms up in the air.


Josh paced around in a circle. “So now how do much you owe Ty?” He asked rubbing the back of his neck.


I took another drag of my cigarette and flicked the ashes in the bushes.


“Three hundred now,” She said quietly looking at her boots. “I can make the money we just need to stop smoking all the profit.”


Josh stopped and looked at her. “That can’t be all us.” He started to look mad. “Who else have you been fronting to?”


She kept her eyes on the ground and shuffled her feet. “I may have given Tommy a couple of bags.”


“Why the hell would you give him some bags!” He yelled. I flicked my cigarette and took another drag amused.


“Why the hell were you lying in the grass with Layla!?” She screamed back. “You don’t see me freaking out on you for that.” She looked up at him.


“I enjoy her company she’s an old friend.” He said back.


My head shot up.


Old friend? You f*****g serious?


Tods still in the basement.


No.


“She’s your ex-girlfriend.” She spat angrily. “But she doesn’t intimidate me at all. Why does Tommy intimidate you?” She put her hands on her hips and cocked her head to the side.


Josh didn’t say anything and started walking towards the door.


S**t, move Layla.


I stood up quickly and crouched in the bushes.


Good hiding spot.


I watched him as he opened the door angrily and stepped in.


Torie walked away into the darkness and down the street.


I stumbled out of the bushes and walked back inside wiping the pine needles off my shirt.


“Are you ready to go home?” I heard Barry ask as I stepped into the kitchen.


“You’re taking me home?” I asked as I poured myself another beer from the keg.


He nodded. “Abigail asked me to earlier if she stays with Broc.”


I took a sip of my beer and followed him out to his car.


Definitely ready to go home and pass out.


But, the party just got interesting. Go find Josh and have your way with him.


I shook my head at the thought and climbed into Barry’s car.



© 2013 Shawna May Sipes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Shawna May Sipes
Shawna May Sipes

Chambersburg, PA



About
About 6 or so years ago I had more then 30 stories under my belt, but then I went through a traumatic experience and could never pick writing back up. I had a journal however and wrote about my lif.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes