Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes

Josh’s POV:

 

I finished rolling up my last joint and stuck it behind my ear.


“Hey man, can we get in on that?” Eric said walking towards me at the table.

He had that guy from the bar, Tod with him.


The party calmed down some and there were only eight people left who were mostly passed out in the living room while classic rock blared on Pandora.


I took a swig of my beer and stood up. “Yeah, let’s go out back.” I looked around for Broc and Abby to see where Layla went, but I didn’t see any of them.


We started down the stairs on the balcony and stopped at the bottom one.


“Hey, did you guys see Layla leave?” Tod asked suddenly putting his hands in his pockets.


I lit up the joint and took two big hits. “Nah man, why?” I asked holding in the smoke and the air got breezy.


Eric made a smug look and took the joint from me. “I saw her leave with Barry.” He took a puff. “I think he just took her home though.” He passed the joint to Tod.


Tod laughed a little. “That’s just like Layla, running out on me after we hook up.”


My head snapped in his direction. “You what?”


S**t, I should have kept my mouth shut.


“Why would you do a stupid thing like that?” Eric said disgusted.


Eric is still oblivious to how sexy Layla really is. It makes no sense to me.


“Are you serious man? That girl is sexy as hell.” Tod said taking a deep drag. “Hope that recliner in the basement wasn’t important to you.” He laughed and handed me back the joint. “We nearly snapped the thing in half.”

I gave him a dirty look.


“It’s my dad’s.” Eric shrugged. “But I sure as hell wont ever sit on it again.” He took a swig of his beer and took the joint from me. “How was it?”


“Unbelievable. That girl can really move.” He breathed probably reliving the whole experience again. “Didn’t you hook up with her?” He turned in my direction.


I shook my head. “Never.” I looked at my phone. “I’m gonna call Torie and see if she went home.”


“You don’t want any of this?” Tod said grabbing the joint from Eric.


“Nah, I’m good.” I said irritated.


I walked down around the front and dialed Torie’s number.


I can’t believe Layla would actually f**k that scum.


I started to get really mad and spiteful, but incredibly horny.


I cant’s stop picturing Layla’s naked body now.


Sweat glistening down her chest and back.


Ah, f**k.


F**k off thoughts!


Torie didn’t answer me, but I decided to head over there anyways.


I made my way up the steps to her apartment and dug for my keys. I opened the door and the whole place was pitch black except for a light flickering coming from her room.


When I approached the door way I saw candles lit all over the room and Torie was kneeling on the bed wearing nothing but my Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt.


“Took you long enough.” She smiled.


I said nothing and tore my shirt off crawling over the bed to her.


I tried to picture Layla most of the time, but she made it very hard when she was on top telling me to moan her name.


I rolled off of her and pulled my pants back up buckling my belt.


“What’s wrong baby?” She asked reaching for my arm from under the blankets.


I pulled away slightly and looked back at her. “This doesn’t change the fact I’m still pissed at you for the Tommy thing.” I snapped.


She looked taken a back and said nothing, but rolling over to the other side of the bed.


“I think I’m gonna go home tonight.” I said quietly pulling my shirt back on.


She didn’t say anything and I walked out of the bedroom after blowing out all the candles.


It’s not you babe, it’s me.


It’s Layla.


Always has been.

 

Regular POV:


I awoke the next morning with a throbbing head.


F**k hangovers.


You used to know how to handle them, just keep drinking.


Hell no.


Yet another night of sleeping in my clothes.


I crawled out of my bed and over to my dresser slipping on a pair of black lace panties and my Offspring t-shirt that was torn off at my stomach.


Red bull was my only thought as I walked out to the kitchen thanking that its Monday and everyone is working and Cammy is in school.


I saw a pair of grass stained Nikes peeking out from under the fridge door.


“Uh, hi?” I said confused not knowing who it was placing my arms over my chest. “Who are you and why are you in my fridge?”


They shut the door quickly and I met Josh’s eyes who skimmed them up and down my body. “Sorry, uh.. your mom is paying me to mow your lawn.” He managed to get out.


I gave him a slight glare and pushed him aside so I could bend over in the fridge for my red bull.


I could feel his gaze on my a*s.


“Better not be staring at my a*s.” I snapped and turned around.


He was.


“Sorry, I didn’t mean to, you’re just like almost naked.” He said putting his hands in front of his package. He stood there nervously by the counter trying not to look at me.


“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes and walked back to my room.


I cracked open my red bull and grabbed my emergency pack of Newport 100’s hidden in my night stand.

There were only four left.


I lit one up and opened my lap top sticking my ear buds in.


The soft sound of Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton filled my ears with joy and I started typing.


Stella found a light up ahead in the cave and sprinted towards it only finding herself back with Frederick.


“Stella?” Frederick said from across the sparkling creek.


She lowered her head with her curly red hair falling in front of her face she started to cry.


She was trying really hard to fight her desire for him, but the feelings were getting stronger and harder for her to run away from.


Frederick glided across the creek with his white blonde hair shining in the Arber sun. “I have longed to see you again.” He smiled putting his hands on her cheeks.


Stella pushed him off her. “Stop it! “ She cried. “I can’t lose you, but you can lose me.” And with that she ran down the green pastures and over the stone wall dividing their kingdom.


The farther away she gets the easier it is to push the feelings down.


“Stella Moon!” Frederick called from far behind her.


Stella shut her eyes and headed for her hut to hide away until the witch came back.


“I will have her soul.” Stella breathed with fire in her eyes.


I looked up to light my cigarette when I saw Josh standing in my door way, with an aching look on his face, sweat dripping down his bare chest.


He ran a hand through his soaked hair and walked towards my bed.


“What?” I snapped taking my ear buds out. “I have to get this chapter done by tonight.” He didn’t say anything and put his hand on my cheek hovering above me. “What the f**k do you want, Josh?”


“You, I want you.” He said leaning down to kiss me putting one hand on my knee.


I shoved him back harshly. “You had me, Josh.” I spat standing up and walking over to my dresser. “And you let me go.” I pulled my drawer open to get shorts and he put his hands over mine.


I miss his touch.


Chills ran down my spine as he breathed on my neck kissing it softly. “Just say stop if you don’t want this as much as I do.” He breathed running his hand down the front of my neck keeping the other one on mine.

I clenched my fists around the handles on my drawer as my breathing picked up.

He ran his hand between my breasts and over my belly button.


Don’t you dare say stop.


“Layla..” He breathed kissing my ear, his excitement growing on my lower back.


I could feel his pinky slipping down the front of my panties and his hand tightened around mine. I could feel his sweat on my back as he pulled me closer.


“S-Stop, Stop!” I stuttered out slamming the drawer. I spun on my heel and shoved him back. “Get out Josh.” I kept my head down not looking at him. “Go home to your girlfriend.”


“Oh, but you can easily screw Tod, someone I bet you don’t even know that well!” He shouted throwing his hands in the air.


I snapped my head up at him. “I didn’t screw him, you a*s. I’m not just some s**t!” I yelled back at him.


“He told me details, Layla.” He said. “How do you think that makes me feel.”


“I don’t care what he told you, nothing happened! You shouldn’t even care! You have a girlfriend!” I screamed pushing him again.


He stood there and took it. “Go ahead. Hit me. That’s what you obviously want to do.” He spread his arms out. “Or do you want a hug.” He was smirking.


I shook my head at him. “I don’t want anything to do with you.” I turned back towards my dresser opening the drawer back up.


“I still love you, Layla.” He said quietly. “If you think that’s just going to go away, you’re very wrong.”

I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and turned to him. “Where is Torie in all this? You’ve been with her for almost three years."


“She’s not you.” He sighed putting his hands in his pockets. “I know you love me too Layla. You drunk dialed me multiple times in the past years and you don’t drunk dial someone unless they mean something to you.”


“Josh, I can’t do this right.” I sighed turning my back on him towards my bathroom door.


“I’ll wait then.” He said softly before running his index finger along the dimples on my lower back.

I shivered and heard his footsteps as he walked out of my room.


All he had to do was f*****g wait for me to come home, but no he met someone else that day. How does he expect me to act when all I did was think about him? I’m not just going to let him walk all over me and his girlfriend how would she feel about this?


I need a drink.


I shook off the thought and walked into my bathroom stripping down for a shower.



© 2013 Shawna May Sipes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Shawna May Sipes
Shawna May Sipes

Chambersburg, PA



About
About 6 or so years ago I had more then 30 stories under my belt, but then I went through a traumatic experience and could never pick writing back up. I had a journal however and wrote about my lif.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes