Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes

I stirred awake and peeled my face off my kindle.


I hurried and grabbed my phone to see if Josh called or texted, but there was nothing.


There was a knock at my door and my dad peeked his head in. “Hey, you going to be ready to go soon?”


I ran a hand through my hair and nodded. “Yeah, I just got to change and stuff.”  I sighed.


He nodded and shut the door.


I texted Josh as I lit up my morning cigarette.


You legit missed your open window. Guess you had something better to do.


I out my phone down and took a long drag of my cigarette.


I wonder why he didn’t show.


I thought he wanted to be with me..


I flicked my cigarette out the window and turned pandora on my kindle.


You and me by life house filled my room with somber music.


Cause there’s you and me and all other people and I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off of you.


Cameron flung my door open in tears.


“You killed Stella!” She cried.


“You hacked into my blog again.” I said narrowing my eyes at her. “I didn’t even publish that yet.”


She ran over to my bed and sat down. “I’m sorry.” She said looking down.


I sat down beside her and put my arm around her shoulder. “Don’t fret the story isn’t over yet.” I smiled.


She beamed up at me. “She’s going to live!”


I shook my head. “I didn’t say that. You just have to wait and see.” I stood up and walked over to my dresser. “I got to get ready for work. I’ll see you when I get home, okay?”


She smiled and ran over to hug me. “Okay have a good day!” She smiled letting go.


“Oh I will.” I said dryly as she ran out of my room shutting the door.


I slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans and a pink lace tank top that was missing a button so my cleavage poked out.


This will make Josh regret not coming over last night.


I did my makeup quick and slipped on Abby’s Versace heels before grabbing my stuff and throwing it into my purse.


I walked out to the kitchen and grabbed a red bull. “Dad, I’m ready!” I called from the kitchen.


I pulled my long wavy hair into a pony tail leaving no stray hairs down as my dad emerged from the living room.


“Okay, let’s go.” He said grabbing a six pack out of the fridge.


My mom walked into the kitchen in a long yellow sundress with her hair up in curls. “I’m teaching art today so I’ll be home when Cameron gets out.” She smiled before kissing my dad good-bye. She turned to walk away but stopped. “Oh, and the Sheifers will be here for dinner tonight.” She hurried down the stairs followed by Cameron.


“Mom, are you serious?” I snapped before she walked out the door.


My dad looked over at me worried. “I thought you and Josh were good?” He asked.


I took a sip of my red bull and shrugged. “So did I.” I said annoyed.


We walked out to my dad’s car and drove to the garage.


I took a sip of my beer and typed in the Howard’s appointment date.


I left the office door open so I could see Josh when he came in.


I tapped my nails on the desk frustrated because he hasn’t come in yet.


“Layla?” My dad poked his head in. “Do me a avor and make a beer run and call Josh and see where he is.”


I nodded and stood up grabbing my purse. “Okay.”


He handed me some money and I walked out to the side walk.


“Yeah, I told them.” I turned a corner and saw Josh talking on the phone.


“Hey!” I called walking up to him. He turned in my direction and put his head down.


“Yeah, I’ll see you at Layla’s.” He said before hanging up. “I’m heading in now.” He sounded bitter walking passed me.


I grabbed his arm. “Hey wait, I want to talk about last night.” I said pulling him back.


He ripped his arm away from me. “I don’t make you talk so don’t make me.” He snapped and walked away.

I just stood there on the side walk confused and taken aback.


“Fine! I won’t ever make you talk to me again!” I yelled in his direction catching a couple stares from innocent by standards.


I turned on my heel and walked into the beer distributor.


I grabbed a six pack of bud light and slammed it down on the counter.


“ID?” The same lady from yesterday asked.


“You seriously just carded me yesterday.” I snapped giving her a dirty look.


“ID or no beer.” She said back annoyed.


I slammed my ID down on the counter. “Birthday is June 2nd 1992.”


She picked it up and eyed me up and down. “Okay have a nice day.”


I snatched my ID out of her hand and grabbed the beer. “Yeah, you too lady.”


“Respect your elders young lady!” She hollered as I walked out the door.


“Respect my a*s!” I yelled back slamming the door behind me.


It’s not her fault. I’m just really pissed at Josh right now.


I set the beer down on the bench across from the garage and lit up a cigarette not even caring if my saw me.


I saw Josh taking his shirt off and bend over the front of an olds mobile.


It’s hard to stay mad at him when he’s so f*****g attractive.


My mind took me back to the other night when we were making out on the grass.


His tongue gagging me, his hands all over my body, our bodies entwine together.


Sweat running down my chest as he licked it off..-


“Layla May Cartrite you put that cigarette out now!”


I looked up and saw my dad fuming from the other side of the street.


F**k.


I took one last drag and threw it on the street.


I grabbed the beer and walked across the street.


“My office, now.” My dad said through gritted teeth.


I looked around at all his friends staring at me.


Buz was shaking his head as Josh just ignored me and kept working on the car.


I glared at him before walking into the office. My dad slammed the door shut behind us making me jump.


“How long have you been smoking?” He asked crossing his arms.


I sat down at the desk and cracked open another beer. “Took you long enough.” I sighed. “About two and a half years.”

Took me long enough? What does that mean?” He snapped as I took a swig of my beer.


“Meaning I don’t know how you didn’t smell it on me or my room.” I looked at him with no expression on my face. “I am twenty one years old, dad. I can smoke if I want.”


“Not under my roof.” He glared.


“I’m moving in with Abby next week so that’s fine.” I said back.


He didn’t say anything and left the office slamming the door again.


I put my ear buds in and started listening to Pandora.


Ah… Journey. I smiled to myself.


So now I come to you with open arms

Nothing to hide, belive what I say

So here I am with open arms

Hopin’ you’ll see

What your love means to me

Arms

Living without you

Living alone

The house seems so cold..

I sighed and leaned back in the chair.

I need Josh.

My body aches for his touch.

Go get him and quit bitching about it.

You know I can’t just do that.

It didn’t stop you that winter morning when you ran after him.

That was different, he has a girlfriend now.

So you can take the b***h down.

Yeah, but I can’t just steal him from her.

You haven’t even tried.

No point in trying if I’m just going to get defeated.



© 2013 Shawna May Sipes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Shawna May Sipes
Shawna May Sipes

Chambersburg, PA



About
About 6 or so years ago I had more then 30 stories under my belt, but then I went through a traumatic experience and could never pick writing back up. I had a journal however and wrote about my lif.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes