Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes

I wheeled around in circles on the computer chair in my dad’s office.


Bored. So bored.


Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred.


*ring ring* *ring ring* “Hello, Cartrite’s Cars and Body shop?” I said answering the phone a little dizzy.


“I need to get my oil changed, is 5:30 tomorrow good to come in?” The older lady asked.


I jotted down the time and opened the scheduling on the computer.


“That would be fine, ma’am.” I said politely biting the end of my pen.


“Okay, thank you!” She said before hanging up.


I hung up the phone and typed in her appointment time.


“Dead I am the one, Exterminating son
Slipping through the trees..”


“Hello?” I said answering my phone.


“Hey.” Josh said quietly.


I narrowed my eyes and bit the end of my pen. “What Josh?”


“I need to see you.”


“You need to leave me the hell alone.” I stood up and paced around the small office.


“Don’t act like the other night didn’t mean anything to you.”


“God damnit Josh. I  don’t want to do this now.” I snapped.


“When do you ever?” He chuckled. “I’m coming over tonight leave your window open.”


“Uh, no?”


“Oh come on, we need to talk.”


“I don’t want to talk.” I sat on the edge of the desk.


“Okay then we won’t talk.” I can tell he’s smirking.


“Bye Josh.” I said rolling my eyes.


“I’ll see you tonight.”


“I’m locking my window!” I yelled and hung up.


I adjusted the heel on my shoe and walked out to the garage.


I saw my dad bent over an ’82 mustang convertible. “Dad, can I take a break?”


He looked at me and wiped his greasy hands off on a towel. “Yeah, walk down to the store and pick me up a six pack.” He handed me some money.


“Okay.” I smiled taking it. “I’ll be back in fifteen minutes.”


“Alright hun, watch for cars.” He said before sticking his head back under.


“Hey Layla, get me one too.” My dad’s friend Buz said handing me money. “You can have one.” He smiled and I smiled back.


I walked out of the open garage and walked down the side walk. I waited a little bit to light up a cigarette.


My parents still don’t know.


I took a long drag and pulled my jeans up drifting into my thoughts.


The cell door slammed in my face.


"This is all your fault Josh." I muttered sitting down on the bench.


"How is it my fault?" Josh asked confused.


"You should have just answered me." I sighed. Josh sat down beside me.


"Layla everything I said was true.. I do care.. I do like you.. Infact.. I think.. I love you.." he mumbled.


My head lifted from my hands and I just stared at him. "Josh.. I cant.. I just cant!" I said and got up.


"Why do you do this to yourself?" He questioned walking after me.


I rubbed my arms nervously.


He touched my shoulder lightly. "You always run from your feelings." He said.


“Ma’am? ID.”


I snapped my head back to reality and saw a bitter old woman standing behind the counter. “Sorry.” I mumbled passing her my ID.


She looked at me and sighed. “Thank you have a nice day.”


I grabbed the two six packs and headed across the street to the garage.


I do always run from my feelings.


I walked into the garage and saw Josh standing by my dad talking.


F*****g stalker.


“Okay, you can start now if you want.” My dad smiled shaking his hand.


“Start what?” I asked handing my dad his beer.


He put his arm around Josh’s shoulder. “Josh here is going to be my assistant mechanic.” He smiled.


I handed Buz his beer. “They didn’t have light beer.” He shrugged and handed me one.


I looked at Josh in his white wife beater showing off his toned arms.


Ah, f**k.


“Josh, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked adjusting my Evil Dead t-shirt.


He looked at my dad. “Is that alright with you sir?” He asked politely.


Sure, you guys can go in my office. Don’t forget to call the Drew Townsen back for me, Layla.” He said cracking open a beer.


I nodded and walked into his office with Josh following behind me.


I shut the door behind us and closed the blind on the door window.


“What’s up?” Josh asked standing by the desk.


“Shut up.” I snapped putting my beer on the desk before smashing my lips onto his.


He put me on the desk and shoved his hands up my shirt kissing me vigorously.


I ran my hands along small of his back and wrapped my legs around him.


I pushed him off me. “Midnight and don’t be late.” I said before fixing my bra. “Go.”


He smirked and walked out to the garage.


I sure hope you know what you’re doing.


I do, but do you?


Not a f*****g clue.


I touched my lips and smiled to myself.


Maybe this can work.


Or maybe we can just have really hot sex..


I’ve never been made love to.


That’s cause you’ve only loved him.


I know.


I ran down the street to Josh’s house in the freezing air.


I knocked on the door a couple times before he opened it.


I jumped into his arms and kissed him.


"Wow.." He mummbled kind of losing his balance. I giggled. "Am I dreaming or drunk or something?"


"Nope.." I smiled.


"Could have sworn I was." He chuckled.


I looked around the night winter skies. "Did I wake you up?"


"Kind of.. its 3:45 in the morning.. you already put me in jail what more can you do to me?" He chuckled.


I smiled. "Sorry if I woke you." I blushed.


"That kiss was worth it." He smirked. "What was that kiss for anyways?" He put me down and leaned against the door.


"Well.. I.. um.. er.. I thought about what you said.." I stuttered.


"When?"


"When you said you loved me.."


"Meant it too."


"So do I.."


"Scuse?"


"Well.. Josh.. as strange as it is.. I love y-you t-too."


"Why is that strange?"


"Because.. your Josh.. and I'm me.. we grew up hating each other.. that's weird."


"Tell ya the truth I never hated you.."


"Really?"


"Yup."


"Liar.. because in 8th grade even when Broc and Eric weren't around you still treated me bad!"


"You ever heard the saying.. he picks on you cause he likes you?"


"Josh you cut my hair off!"


"It grew back!"


"Oh my god just shut up!"


"Ok.." He leaned over and kissed me warmly.


I looked at my phone.


11:59


Boy better not be late.


I opened my window and lit up a cigarette sitting on my window sill.


I took a long drag and smiled thinking of Josh.


“Layla, you've got me on my knees, Layla, I'm begging, darling please, Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind,” Josh sang to me as I laid my head on his chest.


I giggled. “You’re a terrible singer.”


He looked down and frowned.


“But I love you, so don’t stop.” I smiled.


“I tried to give you consolation, When your old man had let you down, Like a fool, I fell in love with you, Turned my whole world upside down.” He leaned down and kissed my forehead.


I looked at my phone and it read 12:15.


Oh, he’s late.


He’ll be here.


I sat down on my bed and pulled my kindle out ‘cause Cameron has my laptop.


Stella stared into the witches black eyes terrified she might be defeated.


“Stella Moon..” She choked out. “Why must you make this so difficult?”


Stella pulled at the restraints tied around her bloody hands as she looked around at the fiery surroundings. “Why me Widowed Witch?” She felts the tears burning in her eyes. “Why did you put this awful curse on me?”


The witch spun on her heels. “Because you my dear have the soul of a thousand hearts.” She breathed. “You don’t even know what you’re capable of.”


Stella put her head down and eyed her battered and bruised knees.


The witch turned and rose her hands to the fiery skies.


“I call upon the love of Stella Moon. I summon him to the dark lands of forever gloom..”


“No!” Stella cried struggling to break free.


“Bring me Frederick Dice and see that his arrival is anything but nice. Bound in chains in the blackness of whole Stella Moon will finally give me her soul!” She shouted and the flames parted.


“NO! Don’t do this please.” Stella balled.


The air turned cold and dark and Frederick appeared before Stella bound in chains.


“Stella!” Frederick cried. “Stella don’t do this!”


The witch approached Frederick dagger in hand.


“Is he worth it, Stella.” She asked raising the dagger above Frederick's head.


Stella squirmed and cried out, “I relinquish my soul to the Widowed Witch!”


“No!” Frederick cried as the fire’s flame burned back up violently.


The witch cried out in laughter and hovered over to Stella. “Your soul will finally be mine!”


Stella looked over at Frederick tears pouring out of her eyes. “I love you.” She cried before the witch shoved the dagger into her heart.



© 2013 Shawna May Sipes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Shawna May Sipes
Shawna May Sipes

Chambersburg, PA



About
About 6 or so years ago I had more then 30 stories under my belt, but then I went through a traumatic experience and could never pick writing back up. I had a journal however and wrote about my lif.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes