Chapter 14 : Final Chapter

Chapter 14 : Final Chapter

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes

I tossed my cigarette out when I reached the loading trucks at Josh’s dad’s ware house.


I adjusted my Gwar t-shirt and walked up to the truck Josh was loading.


“Layla?” He said stepping down from the truck.


“I came to talk to you and I know you don’t want to talk but I have to say this.” I said putting my hand out.


He looked down and put his hands in his pockets bracing himself. “I’m listening.”


I took in a deep breath and let it out. “When I came home that Christmas my only thought was you and how you were going to react when you saw me-“


“I didn’t-“


“Let me finish.” I snapped. “That night was the first night I took a drink and it was because of you. Because you broke my heart, but didn’t seem to care.” I started to choke up but held it back. “I understand we broke up and you were going to move on, but seriously? That same day you left me at the airport.” Tears started running down my cheeks. “I don’t know what to do with myself when you’re not around. I drink and make stupid choices. You make me so crazy and pissed off most off the time, but I can’t seem to stay away.” He walked up to me.


“Do you hate me?” He asked sadly.


I looked up at him with puffy eyes and shook my head. “The only thing I hate is the fact that I love you so god damn much.” I cried.


He didn’t say anything. He just leaned down and pulled me into a passionate kiss holding me tightly.


“I’m not the father..” He whispered in my ear.


I shot my head up at him. “What?” I couldn’t hide my smile.


“Torie has been cheating on me with her ex-boyfriend Tommy.” He smiled. “We only slept together once in the past 3 months and that was only because I thought you hooked up with Tod.”


“You screwed your girlfriend in spite of me?” I snapped.


He laughed and wrapped his arms back around me. “Don’t act like it bothers you.”


I tried to push him off of me laughing. “That is so fucked up.” He smashed his lips onto mine.


“God, I hate you.” I laughed and pushed him off.


“You love me, you cant take that back.” He pulled me back into his arms. “I promise you Layla May Cartrite I will love you forever.” He kissed me again.


“And I promise you Joshua Allen Sheifer I will love you forever too.” I smiled kissing him again as he picked me up and swung me around in circles.


And with that my life was complete.

I got my best friend back.

And I finally got my love back.



© 2013 Shawna May Sipes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Shawna May Sipes
Shawna May Sipes

Chambersburg, PA



About
About 6 or so years ago I had more then 30 stories under my belt, but then I went through a traumatic experience and could never pick writing back up. I had a journal however and wrote about my lif.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shawna May Sipes