Chapter Eleven: I-I-I Can't...

Chapter Eleven: I-I-I Can't...

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Sophora and Severus head to Dumbledore!

"

Sophora


I followed Severus out of his rooms and to Dumbledore's office. It didn't take long for us to get there, maybe a few minutes or so. It wasn't that hard to find, but it was dark in the corridors. The entire walk there we walked in silence, only the sound of each others footsteps assured us that the other was still there.


“Password?” the gargoyle who guarded the steps to Albus's headmaster's office said.


“Licorice Wands.” I said quickly before Severus could even open his mouth. The Gargoyle nodded and spun upwards, releasing the spiral staircase. I brushed past Severus and walked up the cold stone steps first. Snape followed silently behind.


We soon reached the door to the Headmaster's office. I knocked on the door politely, not only because he was my senior and it was the respectable thing to do, but it was late (probably around 10:30 if I had to take a guess, and on a school night too!). My soft rapping was answered thankfully.


“Ah! Sophora, Severus, what is it that I can do for the two of you on this beautiful Thursday [A.N. I just realized that I never told you guys what day it was for the past ten chapters...sorry :/] night? How about you explain over a cup of tea, perhaps?” Dumbledore said merrily and waved his hands over a tea set.


The tea poured itself into the cups and the cups and saucers flew over to us as we sat in two comfy chairs by his desk. I thought of the creamer, and made a gesture to it, and it flew over to me. As I made it pour itself into my tea, Severus looked a bit ticked off. I guess he couldn't do wand-less magic.... My thought was soon cut off as he looked at the sugar for a minute concentrating then flicked his wrist at the it and made it pour two lumps into his tea. Guess he could, but then what was he upset about?


“Well, now that we have all used a form of wand-less magic, can we please get on with the reason that we are here?” he said eyebrow twitching a bit in frustration. Oh.... now it makes some sense, he most wonder why I know wand-less magic, considering its very hard to master, and I did it quite easily.He took a short sip of tea, probably saving room for his hot chocolate...


“Yes, I believe we should.” Albus said sipping his tea carefully. “Why are the two of you in my office? Not that I mind of course, you are both always welcome.”


I looked into Albus's smiling eyes seeing truth and that I could trust him, as always. “We are here because of this.” I said taking out the trifolded letter and putting it on his desk. He grabbed it and read it over quickly, concern flashing in his electric blue eyes. While he's reading it, I take a gulp (unladylike, I know, but who gives a flying hippogryff?) of my own tea. Mmmm, Cinnamon.


“Has Severus read this?” Dumbledore asked with a concerned look in his eye.Obviously he didn't want to shock Severus with the fun news of me being not the teenage he sees before him, but a twenty five year old young woman. I'm probably close to his age actually.


“No.” Severus said piping up, and looking done with his fuming. “I haven't actually. Am I aloud to read it?”


“I don't know, is he aloud to Miss Scarr?” Dumbledore said looking at me straight in the eye.


'Remember, this could have bad and good effects on you and Severus, think it over carefully my dear.' Albus's voice rung crystal clear in my head. He was using Legitimacy, the art of peering into one's mind. I had shut down my Occlumency walls, the second that I looked into his eyes the first time when I searched for truth.


'I know Albus. If I tell him, he'll know but he may treat me differently. And If I don't tell him, nothing will change between us, but he may be mad for a bit because I AM hiding something from him and he knows it....' I replied mentally.


'It's all up to you...' Albus replied and broke eye contact, shutting down the mental connection.


“Severus, I just don't think that you should read it right now. It will change things. Right now, too much change is happening, and I don't want more. I'm sorry, I just... I-I-I can't....” I said looking at him sincerely. His expression was a cold and blank as ever, but I knew that he was a bit upset at this, as if he expected me to tell him. 'If I could tell you, I would...' I thought to myself, hoping I made the right choice.



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
sorry, I know its short.. :/ Review please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lovely good write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing!!!! Write more!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


as interesting as ever:D good job! keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!:)
~dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I need moooooorreeeeee

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

so you still like it? huh, cool... and I'll work on it! after our library meeting, I promise. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 20, 2012


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter II Chapter II

A Chapter by Lydia


Chapter III Chapter III

A Chapter by Lydia