Chapter twelve: Out of the Circle

Chapter twelve: Out of the Circle

A Chapter by Abbie

Severus


Albus was looking Sophora in the eye, and her vibrant violet eyes turned into black storm clouds. She was obviously thinking of something upsetting or something that made her uncertain. Something I had noticed over the many years I taught her in my class. Her eyes change color with not only the light (this doesn't happen often, but they do seem to pick darker or lighter colors depending on the lighting) but with her emotions too.


Because I was so ensnared by her eyes, only for a minute though, I wasn't paying attention to the fact that they were using Legitimacy. I realized it a second later when her eyes came to a soft purple, the color of sadness/decision making. I needed to pay attention. Now.


For a second she was silent. I noticed that Albus was looking at me eyes uncertain. I mean seriously. All I did was ask to look at the parchment, whats all the fuss? It wasn't another prophecy, was it? I don't even want to know if its a prophecy, The love of my life died last time. And even before then, I lost my best friend to a stupid prophecy. How I'm surviving without Lily and Acantha, I don't even know...


“Severus, I-I'm sorry, but I just don't think that you should read it right now. It will change things. Right now, too much change is happening, and I don't want more. I'm sorry, I just... I-I-I can't....” I looked Sophora in the eye, not bothering to use Legitimacy, as her voice cracked, and she looked quite upset with herself. I tried to keep a blank face, but she could see though it. She always could.


“Fine. I get it. I'll be in my Rooms if you need me. ” I snarled, I didn't quite mean it to come out that way... I stood up and walked to the door. Sophora looked at me as If I had slapped her in the face.


“Good night headmaster, Miss- Sophora.” I said, my voice softening. I knew that she had her reasons, but I just felt so out of the circle of knowledge. And with that, I took my leave.


I strode down the winding staircases, and the twisting corridors until I was in the dungeons. Once there, I walked strait to my room, and slammed the door shut. I walked into the library, grabbed my mug of still warm hot chocolate, and walked right back out and into my room.


Now my room, isn't pink or anything ridiculous like that. My room was a dark midnight blue and could easily be mistaken for black. The floor was white carpet, and the ceiling is enchanted to look like the sky, just like the great hall. I have my queen sized (haha, yes very funny. Get over yourselves, honestly.) four poster bed with its dark green drapes and black sheets in the right corner. My two dressers are on either side of my closet on the left (yes, I DO have more than one set of clothing).


There is a window in the middle of the room in the shape of a octagon that shows depths of the lake. I have a desk in another corner of the room with a I also have a nightstand on the side of my bed with various items. Mainly pictures, a chocolate frog, a dreamless sleep potion, and bottle of ink. The pictures, there were four, were all some of the most precious things that I had in my possession.


I walked over to my bed, sat down on the side of it, and took a sip of my hot chocolate. While doing this, I picked up one of the pictures. It was a picture of a beautiful young girl with long and wavy black hair.

It was pulled back and some of her bangs hung over her left eye, while another part of the bangs lay at the right side of her face. Her eye the color of lavender, maybe even a little darker than that. She was wearing a green turtleneck sweater, and turned her head to look over at the camera. A small smile plays on her perfectly red colored, lush lips. She wore silver hoop earnings, and half of a silver locket on a silver chain.


Acantha, Acantha Heartless....” I thought looking down at my deceased friend. It was the beginning of spring, April if I remember correctly. Acantha was sixteen in this picture, in her sixth year at Hogwarts. She died a week after this was taken, the day of her birthday: two days before May. I studied the picture a while longer. Then my eyes fixed on her locket. You could see S.S. Engraved in the middle.


So she kept my half of the locket...even after the fight between us...” I thought to myself, before having another quick thought. I opened the nightstand's tiny drawer, then took out everything on the top. I thin pressed my hand on the very back of the bottom. [ A.N. If you have ever seen the first Pirates of the Caribbean, this is pretty much what Elizabeth did to get the medallion from her drawer]

The fake bottom popped open, releasing the real bottom.


Underneath there was only one thing. Half of a silver locket, on a silver chain, with A.H. engraved in the middle.



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
hey there! anyone reading this? no, okay, whatever, I'm still gonna write here, so get over it. :P the pic was by somebody (no idea who...), and I thought that it looked just how I pictured Acantha :) please review! I'd love to hear what you think! Oh! and the next chapter will be Sophora. just thought I'd tell you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely storytelling skills interesting write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


holy smokes lol..... O.O

Posted 11 Years Ago


"I noticed that Albus was looking at me eyes uncertain." me should be my? LOVED the chapter:) I even laughed with the snide little remarks you put in ( ... ) :P they were funny lol Who's this Acantha girl tho? Snapes love after this love??? Can't wait for the next chapter!
~Dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

awwww:( thats the worst!
Abbie

11 Years Ago

yeah, it is...
Abbie

11 Years Ago

next chapter is up :)
That is amazing! I can't wait to hear more about the relationship in sahora's POV. This is an amazing book so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dominique

11 Years Ago

Oh, that is hard to get off of. I get what you mean. I am a terrible speller and on random words I w.. read more
Abbie

11 Years Ago

XD yay! Not the only one!!!!!! XD
Abbie

11 Years Ago

then next chapter is up :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

822 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 2, 2012
Last Updated on October 2, 2012


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie