prologue (Cazadore Catastrophe

prologue (Cazadore Catastrophe

A Chapter by Tabitha t

Prologue: (Cazador Catastrophe)

 

 

 

Up until this exact moment in my life, everything had made sense. I was Madison Cazador. I was the daughter of Belza and Forza Cazador, and twin sister of Addison, the golden boy.

“We’re moving,” my mom announced with a serious look on her face. She was standing in the center of the living room beside my father. We had twenty minutes to walk the five blocks to school but on our way out the door, they had halted our exit and sat us down for “a talk.”

             They both looked down at my brother and me sitting shoulder to shoulder on the couch in front of them, wearing the same blank stares of finality. She could have dropped a bombshell like, “we’re getting a divorce” or “I’m pregnant” and I would have been just as confused as I was right now.

            This was the first time that I had ever heard those words in that particular order. Not knowing the exact meaning of “moving”, I stared at my parents blankly, but as each word clicked into place inside of my head, I suddenly began to understand. This meant that my friends would no longer be friends but distant acquaintances. A few telephone calls and emails before we began to barely speak to each other at all. My school would no longer be called Serenity High. My favorite teacher would no longer be Mr. Hammons. My entire life was going to change forever!

Everyone was silent for a moment and all I could hear was the ticking of our wooden grandfather clock and the crackling of the fireplace. Then the moment I was waiting for. My brother sprang from the couch, landing in the middle of the living room. He faced both of my parents with blood rushing to his face. His blue eyes shimmered for a moment as he stared them both down. Finally he spoke.

            “You can’t do this!” he screamed. “Why would we move? This is our home, our life! I just made captain!” His voice raised a few octaves; he sounded desperate.

My brother’s life at school was pretty much perfect. He was easily one of the most liked people at school. Mostly due to his golden blonde hair, bright blue eyes, big muscles, and normally easygoing personality. At home, he was a completely different story. I couldn’t remember a day without my parents and him arguing over his grades, him cutting his hair (they wanted it long), or him wanting to go to sports camp with his best friend, Jackson, this summer. I on the other hand, was a goodie-too shoe, or that’s what everyone told me and although I didn’t want to admit it, even I knew it was true.

I picked my friends wisely. I had boring straight Dirty Blonde hair that never glimmered in the sunlight like my brother’s did. My brother and I were complete opposites. I wouldn’t even think we were related, yet alone twins, if it wasn’t for the same birthmark right behind our left ears. They looked crazily a lot like four swirls joining into one at the middle.

“Addison” my father said, “you can play rugby in your new school. We have to make the best of this. We have made sacrifices, too.”

Addison looked from my mom to my dad, hands suspended in front of him, palms up as if begging.

“The only thing I see is you taking away everything I have! It’s a week before our birthday!” my brother shouted.

 “You act like it’s no big deal but it’s our life’s who are being unwillingly torn up from our roots and transplanted somewhere we don’t want to be.”

My mother stepped over to Addison and placed a hand on his shoulder. She let out a small sigh and her shoulders drooped heavily as is she was carrying a difficult burden.

“You will understand one day son; I am sorry it as to be this way.”

Addison shook his head as if he were trying desperately to focus. He shrugged off mom’s hand and took a step back.

“No,” he gasped looking wildly back and forth between the two of them. “I won’t let you ruin my life!” He shouted as he snatched up his backpack and stormed out of the door, slamming it on his way out, making me jump and brought me out of my daze.

Once again, the room was silent. I had been numb while I watched my brother and parents battle each other, but now that my brother had made a quick exit, the situation sunk in completely.

They had already made up their minds, there was nothing we could say or do to change this. We had grown up in this house, in this town, and it was all we knew. However, that still wasn’t going to make our parents rethink this. It was a week before our sixteenth birthdays and we were going to move. There was nothing we could do to stop it. I looked into their eyes and saw their resolve.

“Maddy?” my mother calmly used my pet name. She only used my nickname when she knew I was upset or I wasn’t going to like what she had to say. Like Maddy, We can’t get you that dog you have been begging for. Or, Maddy I know that your Father and I had said you could pierce your ears but we talked about it and have decided it is a bad idea. I sat there for a moment and tried to think clearly. Only one word floated to the surface of my mind.

“Where?” I asked, already sensing that I wasn’t going to like the answer.

 

 

 



© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very nice start

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

The Blood Stone; Book One to the Essence Stone Series


Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing