Chapter Nine: ( Its in your blood)

Chapter Nine: ( Its in your blood)

A Chapter by Tabitha t

Chapter: nine (it’s in your blood)

 

He led us out of the common area and down a hallway to the right. He kept a few paces above us. He glanced back at me and said, “This is the girl’s dormitory. Each one has their own room. At the end of this hall, there is a flight of stairs. Only the Hunters and Guardians are allowed beyond that point. The boy’s dorm has the same off limits as well for the male adults. Don’t get caught snooping around you will not be happy with their punishment ideas, which usually involve a grueling hike of some sort.”

He stopped in front a door on the right side of the hallway. On the door was a golden nameplate with the name Leondrad on it.

He looked over to me. “This is your room while you are here. I don’t think you will be disappointed.”

I smiled at him and nodded. “Okay thanks, I’ll see you both in the morning. I started to push open the heavy door to my newly assigned room. Jackson grabbed my elbow.

Madison, wait there is something I need to tell the two of you.” Jackson said in a serious tone. Addison stepped a bit closer to the two of us.

I frowned. “What is it Jackson?” I looked at him and he looked into my eyes before he started to speak.

“Listen guys, I think it would be best to not tell the other students why we are here right now. Mentioning Zavion has taken your parents could cause a really big uproar. Some kids will freak out and others will want to play the hero. We just need to keep a low profile and keep quiet until Rosamond figures this thing out. I think the council is doing the same thing as well. You catch that part about them taking the kids out of the Guild right before we came in? I think they did that so no one would be able to figure out what happened. I just think we should do the same thing.” Jackson finished in a hurry blowing out the last bit of air he had left.  I looked at Jackson and he nodded in agreement

“Yeah, I think that is a good idea. We don’t want to cause any problems while we are here.” Jackson spoke quietly to us. I looked at both of them for a moment and nodded as well.

“Yeah I suppose you are right.” I smiled. “No problem.”

Jackson gave me a relieved smile. “Okay cool. Thanks Madison. Goodnight.”

I waved them goodbye and they retreated back down the hallway. I pushed the door open, slipped inside, and quickly shut the door behind me. I let out a deep breathe.

Finally, I’m alone.

I looked around the room. It was a very good size and much bigger then my room back home. It had the same glossy marble flooring as the rest of the Guild did. There was a four poster bed on the back wall of the room with a giant reading window to the left of it. On the right side of the bed was a dark mahogany dresser with a mirror on it.  To the left of the dresser was another big wooden door that seemed to fill the building. I opened it up and smiled.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about.” I chuckled.

Inside was an amazing bathroom. It was decked out with a big deep bathtub big enough for three of me. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I noticed my bag was beside the door. I sighed and rolled my shoulders while wincing at the stiffness. I guessed that my collision into the bookcase and the night on the plane had turned my back into a literal corkscrew. I turned on the water to the bathtub and let it fill up and start steaming. I noticed on the edge of the tub was a small vial of liquid soap. I picked it up and read the label. Vanilla scented bubble bath, even better. I poured a capful into the hot bath, then gingerly peeled off my clothes, and slowly stepped into the water. As I lowered myself, I could already begin to feel myself relax. The hot water made my skin tingle and it felt amazing.

            I scrubbed my body and hair until my skin was a bright red. Then I just laid there for a few more moments until my legs began to feel soft like overcooked noodles. I pulled the drain and let the water recede before I stood up. I noticed a plush pink bathrobe hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I wrapped it around myself and made my way back into the bedroom.

I stood in front of the mirror and studied myself. My hair hung like a wet drape down my back. My cheeks were a bright pink and I had dark circles under my eyes. Even though I felt a bit better, I still looked like I hadn’t slept in months. With a sigh, I opened the first drawer on the dresser and saw that there was a picture set in a small silver frame. I picked it up to look at it.

My heart started beating out of my chest and my breathe came in ragged little gasps. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach and my breathe had been knocked out of me. I was looking into the faces of my parents. They seemed to be about my age. They were sanding on the edge of a cliff. My father had his arm around my mother’s shoulders and they were both smiling up at me.

I knew immediately that I was in my mother’s room when she lived here. Tears began to stream down my face. All the emotions I had been holding back now freely flowed through my body. I missed them so badly and I was so scared for them and I wanted nothing more then to have them here with me and to tell them how sorry I was for how I treated them.

I walked over to the bed and threw myself on top of it. I hugged the small photo and let my sobs take over me. My heart was breaking and there was nothing I could do to stop it. My body shook with every fresh sob that escaped my lips. I was shaking so hard I was afraid I would shake myself apart.

 I had blamed my parents and thought they were ruining my life when in reality everything they had ever done for me was for my safety. I wondered how they were doing right now. If they were just as worried about Addison and I as we were worried about them. I couldn’t stop sobbing and in a way, I didn’t want to stop. It felt nice to be alone and to be able to let myself drain of all the emotion I had been holding inside myself for the last two days.

I am not sure how long I lay there holding onto the picture of my parents and sobbing. But eventually the sobs quieted and turned into hiccups. I eventually fell asleep, still grasping onto my parents for dear life.



© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

The Blood Stone; Book One to the Essence Stone Series


Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing