Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Ten: ( Nightmare)

Chapter Ten: ( Nightmare)

A Chapter by Tabitha t

Chapter: 10(Nightmare)

They were there in front of me. Arms raised above their heads and shackled to a dark stone wall. Their heads were cast downwards and the clothes on their bodies were scorched and fraying around the edges.

I reached my hand out towards them. My skin was a deathly white in the light. I tried to take a step forward but my body was frozen where it stood. I could come no closer to my parents. My heart screamed out to them. I wanted so badly up unhook the chains from around their wrists.

            “Mom? Dad? Are you okay?” I whispered into the still and stale air. “Please. Wake up and look at me!” I shouted this time with panic taking over my mind. I knew I should stay quiet but I couldn’t help it.

As the last few syllables drifted off into the dark corners of the room, my mom’s head jerked upright and she stared directly at me. Her eyes had dark shadows under them and she looked pale.

“Don’t trust us Maddy. Run away.” She barely whispered through cracked and dry lips.

“What do you mean? Let us help you!” I shouted at her.

My mother smiled. The smile in no way resembled her normal sweet and happy smile we were used to receiving. Her teeth were more fang like then I remembered them being.

“We don’t want your help. We don’t want you.” She spat out the last word like it tasted bad. She then threw her head up and began to laugh, a dark and sinister laugh. I didn’t know what to think but before I had any time to react I noticed her shirt, which was originally a light blue shade, despite the burns and tatters was rapidly turning a dark red.

“Mom! Your cut! You’re bleeding! Let me help you!” I shouted over her laughter.

The blood quickly stained her shirt and began to drip on the floor. Her laughter rose in pitch and became more crazed. I clasped my hand over my ears trying to block out the sound. The blood began to form a pool of blood around her feet.

“Dad! Help!” I shouted at my father’s figure. My father began to move. He shuddered and looked up at me. He smiled at me as well and had the same gruesome smile as my mother.

“You should leave now Maddy. There’s someone at the door.” He said through a mouthful of razor like teeth. He then began to laugh along with my mother. His tempo rising right alongside hers.

A knocking came from behind me. I turned around to look over my shoulder and there was a door. Giant and wooden just like the ones held within the guild. I struggled to head towards it as the knocking continued. My feet still held in place. I fought to move my feet. It was useless. I might as well have been super glued to the ground.

Madison!” I heard someone shouting from behind the door and the knocking continued. My parent’s laughter continued in an eccentric pace. In one last great effort I surged against my invisible shackles, my feet splashing against the floor that now was covered in my mother’s Blood, and as I thought it was no use I felt the powers that were holding me in place snap. I flew forward and lost my balance. I crashed face down onto the wet, blood coated ground. I tasted the blood in my mouth.

“Maddy!” I heard the yelling continue behind the door and the sound of fist against wood joined my parent’s chorus. I heard a thick crack and looked up to see the door begin to splinter on its hinges.

I knew that what ever was on the other side of that door was just moments away from getting me. I closed my eyes and curled up in a ball. I covered my head in my hands as I heard the last few pieces of the wooden door give way and I held my breath.

“Maddy! Wake up Maddy! You’re dreaming!” someone said as they roughly shook my shoulder.

My eyes flew open. I was in the bed in my mother’s room at the guild. My heart was still thumping in my chest and I could still taste the blood that had filled my mouth moments ago. I looked up to see Nicholas standing above me beside the bed. He was looking at me with a horrified expression as he gulped air into his lungs.

“Maddy, I’m sorry I broke your door, but I came to get you for breakfast and I heard you screaming. I didn’t know what else to do.” He scratched his head uncomfortably. “I tried to knock. I thought you were being murdered.”

I sat up and pulled the covers tight against me as I remembered I was only wearing the bathrobe from last night.

“Thank you. I was just having a bad dream.” I croaked. My throat was on fire from my mid dream screaming. “I’m fine now.” I looked up at the door. Even though the door was easily six inches thick it had been busted apart by the hinges. It swung lazily at an angle from the top hinge. The image reminded me of the door being broken into at home. A chill ran up my spine for a moment and I shivered.

“You sure your okay Madison? You look like you have been run over by a bus.” Nicholas said as he frowned at me.

“Geez, Thanks. Now, not only do I know I feel like crap but now I’m sure that I look like it too.” I grumbled as I got out of bed and pulled my robe tighter against my body.

“No. I uh I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant that you must be tired from the long flight and then having a nightmare. You look hot.” Nicholas shook his head and continued to ramble. “I mean you look fine. Well more then fine but… oh hell.” He gasped and turned red.

“I’ll just take that as an apology okay Nick?” I giggled as I walked towards the bathroom where my bags were. “Let me get dressed real quick and we will head out okay?”

I heard him mumbling something under his breath as I closed the door and I smiled to myself. I quickly grabbed my bags and unzipped it. Jackson had packed my bags and I had no idea what he had even packed for me. As I looked I was happy to see that he hadn’t done to bad of a job with my wardrobe. I quickly picked out a pair of tan cargo shorts and a black tee shirt. I might look like the tomb raider but I’m sure Jackson wasn’t getting me ready for a beauty pageant. I threw my hair into a quick ponytail and sighed. That’s about as good as I can get it. I thought as I looked at my face. It looked like the bruises under my eyes had gotten even deeper and I looked pale and sick, but I guess it was an improvement.

I walked back out into my room and saw Nicholas perched on the edge of my bed. As soon as he noticed me, he immediately jumped up.

“Ready to go?” He asked as he walked over to the door. I nodded and we both crouched under the broken door.

Nicholas looked at me again. “Sorry about that.” I looked up at his face. He was blushing again and he had his eyes cast downwards. I couldn’t help but to laugh. He joined me soon afterwards.



© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i bit different...dialogue still good

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

The Blood Stone; Book One to the Essence Stone Series


Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing