Chapter Eleven: ( Who is normal anyway?)

Chapter Eleven: ( Who is normal anyway?)

A Chapter by Tabitha t

Chapter: 11(who is normal anyway?)

 

“Hey!” Jackson and Addison flagged us down in the common area. We quickly grabbed our trays full of breakfast and sat down. I was literally starving after eating cold cuts for two days and this morning they had made pancakes with warm syrup and bacon strips and fresh cut strawberries. My stomach was growling loudly before I even sat down.

“Maddy.” Jackson said as he sat down his fork and pulled a sheet of paper out of his pocket. “I’ve gotten your schedule for you this morning.” He handed it to me.

First hour: Safekeeping 101

Second hour: Guild History

Lunch Break

Third Hour: Hunter’s Creed lvl.1

Fourth Hour: Weapons and Tactics

“These are my classes?” I looked up at Jackson. He glanced over the top of the sheet of paper and nodded.

“Yeah looks just about right to me.”  He grinned at me. “A few first year classes like Guild history, but it looks like you have some advanced classes as well.”

Nicholas leaned over my shoulder to look at my schedule as well. For just a moment, he was breathing on my neck. My pulse began to beat erratically and I gulped. His body stirred the air around me and I inhaled a sweet smell of fresh cut grass and salt. He smelled of pure Ireland.

“Hey I have Safekeeping with you.” Nicholas said, bringing me out of my dizzy daze. “You are going to love it. Best class here by far. “Nicholas said smiling widely at me.

“Yeah and Coach Freario is pretty awesome.” Jackson said as he took another big bite of his pancakes.

Addison pulled out his schedule “Well what is combatant training?” He mumbled through a mouth full of breakfast.

Jackson and Nicholas both start laughing.

“You ever see the movie, Gladiator?”  Nicholas asked.

The conversation kept on for a while but I kind of tuned out as I ate. I wanted to get Addison alone to let him know what I found last night. I also wanted to tell him about the dream I had. It felt so real. Like I was really there with them. There was something wrong with them. I had a bad feeling in my gut. Something was wrong, I just didn’t know what. I was really worried about my mom. I didn’t know how injured she really was but I couldn’t get the image of her shackled up to that wall and blood running down her chest out of my mind.

“Hey ready to go to your first class?” Nicholas had turned to me. I shook my head trying to erase the image from my mind.

“Yeah as ready as Ill ever be.” I responded.

Everyone got up and cleared their breakfast mess away. I got up as well and turned around to find Addison before he went to his class to try to talk to him. I just barely caught sight of him rounding the corner with Jackson.

I guess I would just have to talk to him later then.

“Ready? Ill walk with you to class.” Nicholas smiled at me. The feeling of dread washed out of me. I don’t know what was up with this guy but he definitely had a smile that could melt your heart.

“Id love that.” I responded. I gave him my best smile as well.

We exited the common area and went down a hallway I hadn’t been down yet. We walked in silence for a few moments. I tried to think of something smart and funny to say to him but of course my brain decided to have a complete melt down and I couldn’t think of anything to say.

“So what is it like?” He said glancing over at me.

What is WHAT like? I looked over at him to see if he was joking but his face literally spelled out curiosity all over it.

“What do you mean?” I asked as we turned a corner and continued down another hallway.

“You know. What is it like out there? What is it like going to a normal school and going to the movies every weekend and throwing parties?”

 Was he joking? He continued to look at me, expecting an answer.

            “Have you really never gone to a public school?” it was obviously not the answer he was looking for but I had to know. How could someone never have done those things?

            “Public school?” He started to laugh. His laughter was rich and deep. It reverberated throughout the empty hallways. “Maddy I’ve never lived anywhere but here. Sure every once and a while a few of us will sneak out to go to town and go to the movies or an arcade but beyond that.” He looked at me seriously. “This is all I’ve ever known.” He sounded sad and he continued to study me. “You coming here is the most exciting thing that has happened in a long time.” He grinned at me and his face lit up again.

            “That’s why I want you to tell me everything I have been missing out on.” He explained.

            “Its not often we have people from outside the Guild show up unexpectedly.” He laughed then. A light laugh that had a bit of sadness tinged around the edges. “In fact you are the first that I can remember.” He finished.

            I was shocked. How could someone so spectacular miss out on so much in life? What happened to his normal childhood? I couldn’t imagine it. We literally came from two different worlds. I blew a long slow puff of air out as I thought about it for a moment.

            “Well public school is something you are so not missing out on, and the parties? Just a bunch of jocks trying to out score the others. Not missing anything there either. Then the movies, well unless you have a date there isn’t a point in going. I didn’t go much.” I looked over at him and he was looking very serious. Analyzing every word, I had said.

            We came to double doors and Nicholas quickly held one of the doors open for me and stood to the side for me to enter first. I grinned and walked inside. As I passed him, I heard him whisper.

“I’m still envious.”



© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

The Blood Stone; Book One to the Essence Stone Series


Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing