Chapter Seven: ( Guild Council)

Chapter Seven: ( Guild Council)

A Chapter by Tabitha t

Chapter: 7(Guild Council)

            Upon our grand entrance, the entire room fell into a sudden silence. It seemed like we were in a grand courtroom. The walls were all the same rich stone that the entire building seemed to be made of. Along the back wall was giant elongated desk made of beautiful marble that was facing us. There, three men sat looking at us. There were also a column of seats facing the three men on each side of the room, where many men stood as if they had been standing up yelling at one another. Now they all were looking over their shoulders and staring at us as well.

The man in the middle of the desk stood up and waved us to the front of the room. Jackson walked down the isle towards him. Addison and I followed close behind. When we were standing in the center of the room with all eyes on us Jackson thrust out his arm in front of him and made a fist.

            “Be welcome Sawaya.” Jackson said as he bowed his head.

The room erupted in confusion. People were shouting and yelling questions at us.

            “Quiet! Let the boy talk!” Sawaya shouted above the noise. The room slowly became still once again and everyone took their seats.

            Jackson, tell us exactly what happened.” Sawaya said as he took his own seat. Jackson straightened his back and cleared his throat.

            “Yesterday after school, while we were walking to the Cazador’s home I started to have a vision. It was hard to control so I sent Addison and Madison ahead without me. As soon as I was better I headed to their house.” He crossed his hands behind his back.

            Vision? So that’s what happened? He wasn’t really sick? Why would he keep something like that from us?  My mind raced as I listened to him explain it from his point of view.

            “When I made it to their house Madison and Addison were both unconscious on the floor and Zavion had already left with their parents. So I got some things together and found the tickets they had purchased already and we made our way here.” Jackson hurriedly finished the short version of his story in one breath.

Why had our parents bought tickets to Ireland? Were they planning to come here all along? What happened to Washington? The more I was learning the more I was becoming confused.

            “Why didn’t you let us know as soon as you knew Zavion had taken Forza and Belza?” A man shouted from behind us. I glanced back at the speaker to see that it was the man who had met us by the plane. “We could have already set up a rescue team to go hunt for them! We could have followed the trail!” the man shouted.

            “Rosamond!” Sawaya shouted. “Hold your temper. What is done is done! We can only move forward from here!”

Rosamond let out a slow breath and continued calmly.

            “We should have seen this coming. I have been saying it the whole time. We should not have entrusted this child to watch over the Cazador family. You should have let me go from the beginning.” He said to Sawaya.

            Sawaya took a moment to respond. “Rosamond, you knew the feelings of Forza and Belza. If you would have gone after Jack and Molly’s accident it would have ruined everything they had worked for.”

What had my parents worked for? Why did Rosamond want to come and watch over us? I needed answers soon. I started to chew on my nails to keep myself from saying anything.

            “Yes Sir, I understand their wishes but in a situation like this, were their wishes entirely responsible? They should have stayed here and never left to begin with.” Rosamond pointed a finger at the three of us. “Instead we stayed quiet and let the Blood Stone become the responsibility of three children who know nothing about it!”

“Hear Hear!” “Yeah!” and “Agreed!” were shouted throughout the room behind us.

            Jackson turned around towards Rosamond, his face bright red with anger.

            “The Cazadors thought I would be the best Guardian for them after my parent’s death! I have been trained! I followed my parent’s responsibilities!”

            Rosamond laughed saying “Sonny, you haven’t even earned your seal yet! You can barely contain your sight! You really think you can handle this situation on your own?”

I didn’t know the entire situation but I knew enough to know that Rosamond was intentionally trying to hurt Jackson, and from the look of it he was succeeding. I didn’t know what his problem was but I definitely didn’t like him.

Sawaya slammed his fist down on the big desk. “Enough! This is going to get us nowhere. While you two are here battling it out, Zavion is out there doing who knows what to Belza and Forza! We can’t change the past but we can change the future if we all work together!” He scanned the room as he spoke. “We need to get together a rescue party to leave by nightfall. Everyone who is willing to go needs to prepare to head out.” He looked at Rosamond. “You can lead the group Rosamond. You will need to go to the Cazador’s home first and then extend your search from there.”

Rosamond seemed to almost respond with another heated reply but instead he stood up and held his fist out to Sawaya. “Yes sir.” He then left his seat in the crowd and walked out of the room. About six other men and women followed him out.

            Sawaya looked back to the three of us and addressed Jackson.

Jackson, I know you were trying to prove yourself as a Guardian and trying to fix this situation by yourself, but please remember that even the strongest Guardian could not beat Zavion without the help from others. We are only as strong as our pride will allow us to be.”

            Jackson bowed his head “Yes sir. I am sorry I disappointed you sir.”

Sawaya slowly smiled and replied. “You did not disappoint me Jackson. You have showed me that you have more bravery inside of you then even our own Rosamond can possess.” Jackson smiled. “ Jackson what I would like you to do now is take Madison and Addison down to the cafeteria and grab a bite to eat and then find them a room for the night. I will have their schedules ready by tomorrow. I believe it is time for them to start their training as well.”

Training? What is he talking about?!

            “Training sir? What training?” Addison questioned before I had a chance to interject myself.

Sawaya looked at Addison and myself and said, “Your parents might have not wanted for you to come here to train alongside Jackson but I believe it is most important for you to learn your history and be able to protect yourself in this time of crisis. You will be staying here with us until we can bring your parents back safely, and that means learning what it is to be Hunters.” He bowed his head slightly in our direction “Now if you will excuse me I need to oversee the rescue party.” He then briskly walked past us and out the heavy wooden doors and disappeared.



© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on November 18, 2012
Last Updated on November 18, 2012

The Blood Stone; Book One to the Essence Stone Series


Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing