Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

     “Bonnie!” Francis yelled in a rushed tone.

I opened my eyes to see him kneeling over me. “Where am I?”

I heard a breath of relief come from someone. “You just fell out on the floor!” Jetta’s voice was clear but my surroundings were still blurry.

I thought about what had happened and a glimpse of crimson flickered in my memory before it was gone. I asked, “I did?” Feeling shaky, I pulled myself up from the floor and took the hands extended to help me. I felt light-headed and slowly made my way to the couch to lay down.

Bobby asked, “Are you okay Bon? I’m sorry we made you drink.” They were all watching me with frightened expressions.

I smiled at him and shook my head disregarding his apology. “No its fine, I’m just a wuss.” Embarrassed, I stopped to frown before stating, “I think I’m going to take a nap before we do anything. Is that cool with ya’ll?” Francis quickly nodded and Bobby and Jetta followed suit. I rolled over, turning my back to them, before grabbing the blanket from the foot of the couch and covering myself. I tried to ignore their eventual conversations and music and fell asleep.

I woke up to darkness and sat up to see my phone. The numbers 9:35 peered back at me. I cursed loudly and jumped up swiftly. I called out their names but no one answered me. After searching the vacant house, I tried outside and saw a light in the distance flickering brightly. I followed it warily until I heard Bobby laughing and instantly became comfortable.

I walked up to the fire and Jetta started, “Hey! Looks who is finally awake! Got a headache?” I hadn’t until she said something and then the feeling of pins stabbing my skull made me grimace.

Francis insisted, “You’re dehydrated- here.” I looked over to him and saw he was extending a water bottle. Taking it, I thanked him before chugging it.

Bobby said, “I can’t drink water with a hangover. I got to have me some of them electrolytes! Anything that ends with ‘ade’ is my kind of drink.” I kept chugging it until it was gone.

Francis smiled at me, “Better?”

I nodded and answered, “Much.”

He scooted down the log closer to me and asked, “Want a marsh mellow?”

I shook my head. “Thanks but no, I can’t handle sweets when I’m feeling nauseous.” I turned from him to focus on Jetta. I asked her, “Are you drunk yet?” She grinned back at me and her smile was my answer. I rolled my eyes and pressed, “How the heck are you going to get you home?”

Her smile changed. “Yeah I was going to ask you about that when you woke up.” Jetta plead, “Can you give me a ride home?”

“Yeah, I guess.” I questioned, “What are you doing Bobby?”

Bobby was entranced by the fire and had a foolish looking gaping mouth. “Huh?” Bobby mumbled. I repeated myself and he shook his head and scrunched up his face. “Nah I’ma be good. I ain’t even drunk right mow, I cans drive.” I frowned at his words before realizing something.

“Wait, you don’t even have a car?” I said questionably.

Bobby ignored me and continued, “If I’m get too drunk, I cans just sleep right here or in Jetta’s car.”

“No you wont! You will throw up in it!” Jetta exclaimed.

Francis interjected, “Bobby I don’t like the idea of you driving home like this. Let Bonnie take you or I can-either way I don’t want you driving.”

It took a lot of coaxing with Bobby over the next hour but it was decided that Francis would drive him home so I wouldn’t have to deal with two intoxicated people.

Once in the car Jetta twisted her short hair up on top of her head in a sloppy fashion and asked, “Did you have fun?”

I sighed. “I guess,” I answered. “I was asleep for everything.”

Jetta grinned. “It’s a good thing you were because I found some stuff out for you.”

I gave her a quick side glimpse before returning my focus to the road. “What do you mean? What did you find out for me?” I asked.

She shook her head. “I can’t tell you.”

I stated, “Well then, that really isn’t for me then, is it? Come on, tell me.”

“It’s about you. It’s…” Jetta continued, “It’s about a boy.”

I pressed, “Okay…And?”

“A boy likes you.”

“Yeah, who?” I snorted at the question.

Jetta exclaimed, “I can’t tell you that part!”

 “Can you tell me who told you?”

She shook her head and started, “No!”

I thought about it and remembered her saying that it was good I had fell asleep. “It had to be Bobby or Francis that told you,” I decided.

She asked, “How do you know that?”

“If you don’t tell me,” I threatened, “Then I’ll ask them myself.”

“No! No! Don’t do that Bonnie.” She cursed. “Come on, now.”

I pushed, “Then tell me!”

Her lips tightened up and she said deciding, “I can’t… He is going to tell you himself.”

“Damn it Jetta. Just tell me!” I huffed.

She finished, “No!”

I pulled up to a stop sign and turned my head to her. “You suck, why would you even say anything at all?” I asked in annoyance.

She said, “Well a boy likes you. He has for a while.” I looked at the stop sign and didn’t know what to say. I started driving again before she asked, “Well?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know who it is so I don’t know what to think,” I answered knowing that I probably wouldn’t care either way.

She enthused, “Get excited!”

I flatly admitted, “Okay. I am ecstatic right now. I seriously don’t think I can hold it in, I’m that excited.”

“Shut up Bonnie. Be genuinely excited!”

I thought about our conversation and answered honestly, “I’m sorry, I can’t! I can’t care. Especially not if I don’t know who it is. Which means you should probably just tell me,” I hinted at her.

She scoffed, “Fine then. I guess I understand. And I’m not telling you who it is. Just be ready for the senior trip this weekend is all I am going to say. Can I turn on the AC? It’s really hot in here.” I turned it on and she leaned back, her face covered by her arms the rest of the ride.

I tried to focus on driving but found it difficult. My headache had returned with a vengeance. I dropped Jetta off and ponderings of what boy it could be lightly juggled in my mind as I made my way home.



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing