Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

The next two days I felt a bit anxious thinking about the senior canoe run and party that was going to happen tonight. I had also been feeling off since I had fainted. There were a lot of different emotions but there was none stronger than what I was feeling in this moment. Pride.

It was finally graduation day. A day I had been waiting for the majority of my life.

Five people ahead of me in line, Jetta turned to ask me, “Are you nervous?” A boy in between us turned to watch me.

I smiled at him sheepishly before answering Jetta. “A little.” I said, “I don’t like these heels- I’m going to fall on my face.”

The blonde snooty teacher eyed the both of us and shushed us. “Girls please! No talking.” She huffed and crossed her arms. We obeyed and I was mentally grateful I would soon not have to deal with her anymore.

It wasn’t until I heard the anthem start that it really hit home that it was happening. Watching each person ahead of me go, a sudden concern threw me. I anxiously watched them walk down the line, each separating down different aisles to their assigned seat in the front. I tried to remember which way I was supposed to go.

Left or right aisle?

Left or right aisle!?

I remembered that it was opposite to the person in front of me and breathed a sigh of relief knowing they would be my safety net. The girl in front of me turned left and I waited at the stopping point for her to halt at hers before taking my first step to being a graduate.



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing