Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

My body retched back and a gasp escaped me before the light flickered out. Terrified, I screamed as loud as I possibly could.

An alarmed Francis exclaimed, “What? What is it?”

I was at the back of my cell and couldn’t answer him. I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t get the specifics but I was sure of one thing.

Its’ eyes were a piercing yellow.

“Ey, now. Yer offendin me. I ain’t dat bad to look at! I didn’ mean to scar yer miss. Ima just derin my job. ‘Eard the likes of yer tongue and came to make sure yer were okay.” The next scream didn’t escape me. If I wasn’t being faced with something this petrifying, I might have chuckled at the comical uproar that was Francis’s yelp. “I didn’ relize der was two of yer misses.” The creature snorted.

“Why are we here?” I asked, “What are you?”

The footsteps were leaving now. “Hold ern. Its gloomys seeins yous and yous not seeins me, yer see?” His dialect was heavy in something I had never come across before and living in Tennessee, I had heard some heavy accents.

“What?” I asked.

“Hold ern!” I waited and heard him leave.

It was just me and Francis again.

“Bonnie I’m freaking out right now. Help us! Someone please, help us!” His cries for help inspired me to join.

“Please anyone help!” I went back to the bars and yelled alongside Francis. With both of us screaming it was barely possible to hear the grumbling noises reenter the premises.

“Yer say hold ern and dey don’ hold ern.”

Our screaming didn’t cease until the darkness did.



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on August 16, 2015
Last Updated on August 16, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing