Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

“Yer did a rotten job der boy.”

My eyes flung open. I sat up quickly and checked out the commotion. Francis was asleep and his hands had broken free from the rope mid-slumber. Oh no. Freaking out internally I saw the Coblynau shaking his head at Francis.

“I was comin to free yers and tell yers all to know. Der was no reason for this lot no der wasn’.”

I asked, “You were going to free us?”

He turned to me and raised his hands up in incredulity and exasperated, “Yes I was, was I! Yer have to be freed, yer does!”

Francis leaned up groggily before he remembered his thumbs and cried in pain. He was grimacing at his hands before turning his focus to the Coblynau. The Coblynau’s expression was that of impatience. Francis jumped around and grabbed the rod. Before I had a chance to stop him, Francis reached through the bars and struck the top of the creatures head. The Coblynau blinked his eyes rapidly before falling.

I yelled out, “Francis! He was about to free us!” Francis ignored me and started searching the creature’s tiny pockets. I huffed in agitation.

Francis interrupted my sulk and cursed. “There’s no key!”

I slit my eyes at Francis. “He was about to free us. I can’t believe you just knocked him out!”

Francis’s eyes were searching his cell for more answers. “I thought it was the plan! How was I supposed to know there wouldn’t be a key? I BROKE my THUMBS Bonnie!” I scoffed and then glanced at his hands and experienced instant remorse.

“I’m sorry. You’re right, it was the plan. I guess now all there is to do is to wait for him to wake up.” I viewed the limber body. “You know, he’s so ugly that he’s kind of cute.” I turned my eyes back up to Francis. He raised one eyebrow at me before narrowing his eyes down to the Coblynau.

“No Bonnie. He’s just ugly.” I relived the moment when Francis struck him and started laughing. “What?” Francis didn’t seem pleased with my amusement.

“I’m sorry, it’s just funny thinking about you just bopping him on the head. It’s not something you see every day.”

He looked at the little man and started smiling. “Yeah it was kind of funny wasn’t it?” He started laughing with me and we imitated his strike and the comical way the creature fell.

Our merriment woke up the Coblynau. “Ohm...” I looked at the creature and was relieved that he was stirring. “What the? What did yer do dat fer!” He sat up and rubbed the top of his head while giving Francis an evil look.

Francis grimaced back at the creature and apologized, “Sorry, but you can’t blame a convict for trying to break free.”

The creature ignored Francis’s poor excuse and spoke to me, “Misses Ralella, We have much to tell. Yer must come to higher ground.” Unsure of the title, I walked towards the edge of my enclosure. Francis did the same and gave me an odd look at my given name. The Coblynau walked to the side of my cage.

He was about a foot away from my arms reach and started pulling a large rope. The motion caused the bars to slowly rise up, releasing me. It was incredible watching him able to pull at such lengths. He must have noticed my admiration.

“By der by, we be very strong, da Coblynaus we are.”



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 21, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing