Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

There was nothing but a blinding darkness.

Sounds were coming from above and some of it sounded like talking. It wasn’t English whatever it was. I coughed and tried to sit up. I could feel burlap chafing against my skin and looked down to see what I was wearing but was rendered sightless to it.

Encased in fear, I started panting and tried to recall where I was. The real terror didn’t set in until I realized my wrists were knotted together. I started shifting myself around and awkwardly stood up. My feet drug a few inches before I hit my head. Owe! I felt around with my clasped hands what I had marched into. It didn’t take me but a second to gather what it was. Panic started to overcome me and I opened my mouth, preparing to scream, when I heard someone else coughing.

I knew that cough.

“Francis?” I whispered almost inaudibly. “Francis? Is that you?” I asked a little louder.

Another cough followed. “Yeah it’s me,” answered Francis.

I felt the bars again. “Where are you?” I heard scrabbling, and a few curse words from my left ear.

“What the hell is going on?” Francis asked. “I’m tied up.”

Trembling, I hunted the black for his face. “Me too. I’m in a cage. What happened? How did we get here?” The darkness had enveloped me in its horror and an idea came to me. Then I remembered where my savior was. "Damn!" I cursed.

"What is it?"

I answered, "I thought I may have my cell phone, but it's in your truck. Do you have yours?" A few seconds later he replied with a disappointing no. Footsteps as light as a feather were coming toward me, and I barely caught it. “What was that?” I blurted.

“I don’t know. I didn’t hear anything. What do you think it was?”

There was breathing. It was getting louder and sounded thick. It wasn’t coming from where I would expect it. It seemed like it was coming from the floor. Feeling brave, I knelt down and inched my way in the direction of the sound.

A match struck and the fresh light gave the creature a face.



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing