Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Tiffany Thomas

“What the hell?” I asked the stain.

“What?” Francis said through a sluggish voice.

“I think I’ve got a nose bleed. I haven’t had one since I was a kid.”

Francis continued through a yawn, “That happens to me all the time. It’s no biggy. Lean your head back and hold your nose. It’ll run down your throat and eventually stop.”

I did as he instructed and got a mental visual of the process. “Ew.”

He laughed, “I know, but it shouldn’t take too long. I’m beat. I’m going to try and sleep in this stupid cave they’ve put us in.”

Pinching my nose, I asked in a nasally voice, “How many of them do you think there are?” I envisioned thousands of tiny Coblynaus coming at us.

“I don’t know. Hopefully not that many. I still think we can take them no matter how many there are. Did you see how small he was?”

I smirked at the idea of us going into battle with the tiny creatures. “Yeah, I think we got this.”

He rolled over and said one last thing before going to sleep. “Yeah we do.”

I wanted to follow in his footsteps and closed my eyes. I swallowed the blood that was building up in the back of my throat. It tasted terrible and made me queasy. It was a good twenty minutes of waiting before it finally stopped draining. I wiped my face a final time, rolled over, and fell asleep.



© 2015 Tiffany Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on August 21, 2015
Last Updated on August 21, 2015


Author

Tiffany Thomas
Tiffany Thomas

AL



About
I'm a 21 year old writer from sweet home Alabama. I'm not published (yet) but hope to change that soon! I've written countless poems, a few short stories, and finished one book (and halfway done wit.. more..

Writing