Not Over Yet

Not Over Yet

A Chapter by ultimate324

Chapter 3: Not Over Yet

 

 

 Jake slowly wakes up, hearing the voices of people seeing nothing but a blur. He notices that he is being carried by medics, slowly looking around while his vision starts to become clear he sees many dead bodies around, smoke from the fire that burns away the bodies. Most of them being the zombies, and mixed in them are the bodies of the fallen soldiers. In the farther distance he sees zombie Kong on the ground dead being surrounded by soldiers and helicopters. In his mind he wonders how long will humanity waste lives for no progress, Jake slowly losing consciousness again falling back to sleep.


 When Jake wakes up again, he now appears to be in a medical room with bandages around his head. Slowly getting up, his head starts to hurt and Jake realizes that the raid is over, but what he experienced will not go away.


 He was in the medical facility for about two days, after that he was forced to go back to his duties as a soldier. Jake walks out of the hospital and one of his friends named Victor who had joined yesterday was waiting for him.


“Hey, glad to see that you’re alive.” Victor says walking towards Jake.

“What are you doing here?” Jake says looking surprised.

“I told you I was coming, remember?” Victor says.


 Jake for some odd reason thinks about what he just said.


“So what happened to you? With the head and all?” Victor asks.


Jake touches his head.


“Sorry I don’t feel so good.” Jake says not wanting to tell Victor about the raid.

“Oh. Well ok then, I will see you around then.” Victor says walking off.

“Y-yea.” Jake replies.


 Jake feels like he should really tell him about what he is going to get himself into, but decides not to.


 Jake heads to his room and just goes to bed, trying to get over from what he has experienced when suddenly his head starts to hurt, he gets up grabbing his head wondering if it’s just because he is thinking too much, but he starts to see weird visions that are blurry. All he is able to make out of it is a person handing something to Jake and leaving at a direction where there are burning buildings around the area and from what it looks like people running. Jake has no idea what he is seeing, but all of a sudden he hears an alarm go off startling him. Jake notices it is an emergency but the moment he is about to head out, the entire room shakes violently causing Jake to fall, he holds on to something wondering what is happening, everyone around the dorms is in panic still trying to head out even though it is difficult to move. Jake also wastes no time and heads out being worried about Victor.


 When Jake makes it out, the whole place is still shaking.


“Move it!” Someone shouts.


 Everyone running around with their exoskeletons on, aircrafts taking off and ships sailing out. Jake heads over to the lockers to equip an exoskeleton. While getting ready he as well as others around hear some kind of roar echoing around the room. Everyone goes quiet to listen, when the roar stopped the whole locker was still quiet until a big shake happens knocking everyone around the locker.


“Get a move on!” A soldier shouts out to others.


 Jake finally equips his suit when suddenly something from above crashes through the whole locker room killing the ones who were around there, the soldiers around start shooting at the thing, but it goes back underneath like some kind of tentacle. Water starts to spread in and everyone starts to run out in a panic, Jake as well.


 Reaching the outside, everyone is baffled by what they see.


“Holy s**t.” Jake says looking at the far distance of the sky.


They see giant looking humanoids covered in brownish sea cabbage, the choppers and jets shoot at the giants but the giants destroy them with a single swoop of their arms. Jake just stands there looking shocked as to what he is seeing right now.


“What the hell is going on?” Jake says looking defeated.


 Jake has no idea as to why this is happening now, but all he can do now is try to survive.



© 2015 ultimate324


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on August 8, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2015