Chapter 6: Visitors

Chapter 6: Visitors

A Chapter by ultimate324

Chapter 6: Visitors

 

 

 Jake only spends a day in the hospital and the zombies haven’t attacked the other two islands so it seemed to be safe for now. Jake heads off to the main island where he was raised in, the only place where he might find something about his memories. Jake was raised in an orphanage, knowing about his memory loss, he never bothered looking into it since he had thought he was just like the others who had lost their families during the start of the apocalypse. When he turned 17 he left the orphanage and started living on his own. During that time he met Victor at a factory labor job, they became friends from then on. One day Jake was watching the television, seeing an old documentary about life before the apocalypse, how humans once lived. Jake as well as others didn’t want to live the way they were forever, living while hoping they are safe and fearing the zombies. Jake ended up joining the army at the age of 20, he went through basic training for a year, and after that he went to exo training for another year. When finished he started doing scout missions, not dealing with anything dangerous until recently.


 Arriving at the main island, Jake notices some changes, humanity seems to be changing the island into a large city slowly. Buildings around the area, electric advertisement boards, streets, vehicles, everything just like it was back then. Jake also notices how no one is in a panic, the military seems to be keeping the recent events a secret to prevent people from getting worked up. Heading back to his still available apartment, he stumbles upon familiar faces, however Jake doesn’t bother keeping updated and just does a quick greeting.


 Jake reaches his home, and heads over to his computer, luckily for him connection was still intact. With the remaining technology, the humans managed to still have internet available. Jake turns on his computer and by Jakes surprise someone was using the computer, and left it on a web page of news from 24 years ago. During scout missions they would gather as much machines with data that are still working to be able to use. Jake had no idea who was at his house, but someone immediately appears behind him with a knife. Jake stops trying not to be hostile.


“Sorry but It is best this way.” The stranger says.

“Who are you?” Jake asks.

“Good-bye.” The stranger says and was about to cut Jake's throat but hears someone enter.


Being distracted for that instant, Jake uses that opportunity to immediately grab his hand and tries to disarm the person. They fight for their lives, the one who had entered runs over immediately, a woman wearing long strange clothing. The stranger was about to stab Jake, but the woman walks up to the other stranger and punches his head off before he managed to stab Jake. Jake immediately noticed that she had an exo suit equipped so doesn’t bother trying to fight her.


“Are you ok?” She asks.


Jake is just looking confused as to what is going on.


“What the hell is happening here?” Jake asks covered in blood.


She goes and searches the body, the stranger who had attacked Jake was a male.


“I don’t know much myself.” She says.

“What do you mean? And who are you?” Jake asks wanting to really know what is happening.

“My name is Emily. And I just told you I don’t know.” Emily says finishing searching the body.

“I don’t remember much, so far I have been remembering faint things, as well as visions, but I don’t seem to understand it, it’s the same for you right?” Emily says.

“Then why are you here?” Jake asks still looking confused.

“Because someone who knew about my memory lose told me to come here.” Emily says handing a letter to Jake.


Jake slowly takes it and Emily starts to leave.


“Wait! Where are you going?” Jake says following her to the door.

“Read the letter, and don’t follow me.” Emily says and heads off quickly.


Jake is just doesn’t understand what is happening, he opens the letter and it seems to be a meeting two days from now around night near the shore, it also said not to tell anyone or it might bring humanity closer to extinction. Jake not knowing how it would bring humanity to extinction, but decides to do what it says.



© 2015 ultimate324


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 16, 2015
Last Updated on August 16, 2015