picking up the pieces

picking up the pieces

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

Toms girlfriend is still out for revenge

"

After the disaster that was the phone argument, I couldn’t sleep no matter how hard I tried my brain just ran the events over and over in my head. I had no idea if I had done the right thing or not, but the fact remained that there was nothing I could do now.  I eventually did end up sleeping or at least I think I did. I was woken up by Liz bringing me breakfast in bed, her attempt to make me feel better.

“Morning sleepy head, I thought I would get you breakfast.” She said smiling laying down the tray which had a fry up and a glass of orange juice on it. She Is so kind she knows just what I need. She leaves me to it and I switch on the tv and on one of the morning shows there is Tom’s girlfriend Nina being interviewed.

“This must have been a very tough time for you in the last few days knowing what your childhood sweetheart has done.” Oh no! All of this has gone to tv! I thought it would at least be about her new clothes line!

“Yes it has but me and Tom have spoken about it and he has explained everything, she was just an infatuated stylist, It’s all just been blown out of proportion really.”  I was gob smacked! An infatuated stylist! He was the one who asked me to dinner! I sat there open mouthed unable to comprehend what was happening on my television screen. Liz ran in obviously having seen what was on the tv to. She immediately turned it off.

“You and Tom know the truth that’s all that matters right.” I knew she was right but I couldn’t believe how out of control this had gotten. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect this I never even thought I would end up in the newspaper let alone be talked about on television, it was madness.

“I know I know but what must everyone think of me? Everyone is going to believe her she’s the hurt girlfriend, and now she is making me out to be some psycho who is in love with her man!”

“Why not talk to Tom and see if he can help?”  She was right it was all I could do, I had to at least try and clear my name, to make things right.

“Hey”

“Tom it’s me have you seen your girlfriend on television this morning?”

“No why?” He sounded puzzled is it possible he didn’t know what she was going to do?

“She said that I was some psycho who was in love with you and that you had both worked it out.”

“WHAT! What the hell! No I had no idea I am so sorry I will have to make things right I’ve been asked for an interview tomorrow I promise I will tell the truth”

“Thanks Tom I just can’t have the whole of the western world thinking that I’m some sort of nut case I’m surprised that my mum hasn’t called to ask what the f**k is going on.”

“It’s ok and I really am sorry she just doesn’t get that were over so she is trying to ruin you.”

“I still don’t get why but thanks anyway I will see you soon.” I then hung up, at least he was going to try and make things better.  Luckily it was Sunday so no work if it was all sorted then I will be able to show my face in public. Until then I thought it was safer to stay inside like some sort of prisoner/leper. By early afternoon I had almost forgotten about my vow to not leave the flat until everything was set right with the world. I went out to the shop looking like a complete and utter train wreck. I didn’t care though who was I going to see? I was just walking up the chocolate isle as you do when your sad and only chocolate will do. None other than Darren and the Giant stick, great absolutely brilliant. I know he reads the paper to, and no doubt she watches morning television. I try to ignore them as they walk past me I can feel Tasha looking at me as she walks past and I hear her say.

“Oh dear she looks horrific did she look like that during the whole of your relationship?” I looked up letting them know I had heard he looked embarrassed.

“Don’t think she did.” Tasha giggled before replying.

“What did you ever see in her?” he looked back at me and said.

“I’m not sure but I’m with you now that’s all that matters.” He said as he kissed her on the head. I would be lying if I said it didn’t hurt to hear that because it did, it really did. I was stunned had he really thought that? I had to stop myself breaking down, I couldn’t get away from the fact I still loved him, that love didn’t just go away when he left me. God knows I wish it did but it didn’t and hearing that from him tore me apart. So I walked the ten minute walk back to the flat trying to come to terms with the day. Well the month really I know I wanted this month to be a change to be different but I didn’t mean this! Just as I thought things couldn’t possibly get any worse, I come home to find an answering machine message. I pressed play and I braced myself for who it could be from.

“Hi dear it’s your mum your dad showed me the paper and I saw his girlfriend on the television today what is that all about? I hope what she said isn’t true, well give me a ring.”

There we go, now my mother knew S**T! I’m going to have to ring her back, best get it over with.

“HI mum.”

“Hi dear did you get my message?”

“Yes I did mum and no she was lying I’m not what she says I am.”

“Good stupid cow saying that about my baby girl the nerve of the girl she isn’t even that pretty.”

You had to hand it to her she always knew the right thing to do/say even if she can be difficult sometimes. “Well let me know of any developments won’t you.”

“Yeah I will mum don’t worry.”

“Good girl well love you and look after yourself.”

“You to mum.” Well that was fairly painless I put the phone down and just sank into the sofa wanting to just wallow in my own self-pity and cry. None of this was fair, it wasn’t my fault. At that point I just had to hope that Tom would set the world right, and tell the truth.



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
Added on July 8, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Single, Fiction, Young adult, Men, Dating


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning