words you didnt want to hear

words you didnt want to hear

A Chapter by zoerunning
"

her answering machine wasnt kind but how will she deal with Darren and Tom?

"

It took me a while to compose myself after what my machine was telling me. Two people that I really didn’t hear from and they both wanted to talk to me. I just sat on the stairs by the phone staring at it. I didn’t know what I was waiting for. After about five minutes I pulled myself together, Darren didn’t want anything from me he was a taken man, I needed to get over him, and fast! Tom well I was still confused as to what he wanted from me. My life was a mess; my love life had five brief years of luck and now I was back where I was before Darren, a messed up teenager. At least that’s how it felt. I tried to occupy my mind with cooking; it had always seemed to work, but not this time. My mind was running through every single possibility of what they wanted, over and over again like a bad nightmare. Somehow I managed to make dinner without causing damage or fire, Liz and Stan came home to a nice homemade curry, and all the trimmings ( naan bread and all the other things I can’t be bothered to list.)

“Wow that smells ace! I need to employ you as my chef!” Said Stan smelling my dinner creation.

“Thanks Stan, sit down guys I will bring the food over.”

“Thanks Lou.” Said Liz sitting down at the table, within a couple of minutes dinner was served and on the table. Everyone was digging in and enjoying the meal, I was glad that I could show my appreciation for all they have done in the past couple of weeks; it was the least I could do. And for a brief moment I had totally forgotten the messages on my answering machine. Life seemed normal for once and I liked it. After dinner had been consumed at an alarming rate I have to say. The happiness I felt was over Liz asked me what was on the machine, seeing as she had seen that there were two messages. Damn! Why didn’t I delete them!

“They were from Darren and Tom they want to speak to me.” Stan and Liz both looked at me open mouthed, neither of them knew about mine and Darren’s meeting at the supermarket.

“What the hell does that pond scum want?” Said Stan, I then went through the entire story of what had happened.

“I want to gouge her eyes out with my new £400 Laboutin shoes! I could snap the b***h in half with one f*****g hand!” I said in a slight rage I have to say.

“I can’t believe him how could he date such an utter, I can’t think of the words for it but that really isn’t fair.” Said Liz trying to console me.

“Want me to hit him?” Said Stan in his most serious tone of voice, I nodded through my tears. I couldn’t believe that after a month and a half he still gets to me. This wasn’t supposed to be another make Louise feel better night this wasn’t supposed to happen again!

“Sorry guys.” I said annoyed at myself that I still wasn’t over him.

“You were with him for five years you are not going to get over him in just over a month, and it wasn’t even an amicable breakup. He broke up with you over text for Christ sake. After hearing that I realised that I don’t need a guy like that at all, I needed someone who wasn’t going to treat me like that. Darren wasn’t the person who I fell in love with anymore he changed and had turned into someone I really didn’t like.

“Thanks guys.” I say hugging them these were the best friends a girl could have.

“Just a shame we are not all here.” Said Stan

“I know.” I said. “But they would be if they could but Lilly and Sam are on a skiing trip with their work, lucky gits.” I know my job has perks but that ski trip looked amazing! Luckily I was feeling a lot better after a cry and decided to leave calling Tom and Darren back tomorrow after work. For the rest of the evening we drank a lot of wine and tried to forget the horror of the day and just focus on the positives like my promotion. We had a laugh and lots of cocktails after the wine had all gone. God knows I don’t want to know how much we spend on the stuff but I can imagine I won’t like the figure. Once everyone had crashed at about 1 or 2 in the morning I started to clear up. I started to have a think about what I could do for my first dating column, which I have been ordered to write. I know I had started one but it didn’t feel right. I then reasoned with my very drunk brain and realised that trying to think of something now would defiantly not be beneficial. So what did my drunken self do? Crash on the sofa in the living room with the others. I woke at about five in the morning to Stan carrying me bride style into my room; I was too tired to argue with him. He knew I had had a lot to drink and as he put me on my bed and tucked me in. He slept on the floor next to me just to make sure I was ok.  I wanted to thank him but before I could I fell asleep again. When I woke up he wasn’t there. I could smell pancakes cooking in the kitchen so u put on my dressing gown on and went to see who it was.

“Morning sleepy head how are you?” It was Stan

“Morning you didn’t have to make pancakes, very bad of you I am supposed to look after you! You’re a guest.” He gave me one of his cheeky grins before replying

“Just shut up and eat your breakfast.” He said handing me a plate.

“Thanks Stan.” I said tucking in to a delicious breakfast. “You would make an ace husband, why are you single Stan?” It was a question that had been puzzling me for years he was perfect yet no girl seemed to be interested. Well that’s what Stan said anyway.

“Because the girl I like is kind of pre-occupied at the moment and she was with someone before that.” He said not wanting to look me in the eye.

“Well she doesn’t know what she is missing.” I said smiling at him and kissing him on the cheek. “Right thank you for breakfast you are a star, now I have to get ready for work.”

“OK see you soon.” He said hugging me, I really didn’t get why he was single. 



© 2012 zoerunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Single, Fiction, Young adult, Men, Dating


Author

zoerunning
zoerunning

Liverpool, United Kingdom



About
I am new to all this so would greatly appreciate knowing what everyone thinks if its good or bad :) thanks more..

Writing
Bad breakup Bad breakup

A Chapter by zoerunning