Nyxia Rose

Nyxia Rose

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO

The lighting in my room is terrible for makeup. To remain low-key requires sacrifice. I apply my black eyeliner to my left eye with ease, but my right eye just isn't right. I won't settle for imperfection. I wipe it off and try again. It must be the pencil. Jack remains in my reflection on the bed. Jack has always been quite a mystery. His brothers are easier to read. I've always heard the saying two heads are better than one, but his three heads seem to be such a burden. He sighs.

 

His sigh sounds like an accordion. I know something is troubling him, but I giggle. The skin near my eye is beginning to turn red from irritation. I grab a nearby concealer immediately.

 

"Nyx, someone is here," Jack says, concerned.

 

"I am well aware," I answer.

 

"Are you just going to let them wander around?" he asks.

 

"Yes," I say coldly.

 

I return to my makeup, tossing my eyeliner into the garbage with the rest. I should be emptying the bin out. However, I am fascinated by the number of faulty pencils spilling over the brim.

 

I shake my head, popping the top off of my new pencil. Jack's other two heads are moving around aimlessly.

 

"That is wasteful! Mom says we need to use up the old before we use the new," Jake yells.

 

I stare a hole through Jack. He head-butts his brother.

 

Periodically, I regret my body choice for Jack and his brothers. Jack-in-the-box is only notorious for scaring children and surprises. Add in two more heads, and you start a rivalry.

 

Jake hangs his head on the side of the box in defeat.

 

"Aren't you wondering what brought them down here," Jack inquires.

 

"I know why they are here. The time has come, Jack. It's unlike you to be so concerned. Have I answered all of your questions now?" I reply.

 

"I am worried about Adelita," Jack admits.

 

I snap the eyeliner in my hand. My eyes meet his in my mirror.

 

"Now, why would you worry about her when I so carefully instructed you to walk her to her room," I bark.

 

All three heads break out into an argument.

 

"I told you she would be mad," Jake whispers.

 

"You should have lied," John blurts.

 

"Shut up, Jake you are such a baby," John yells

 

"I am not a baby," Jake whines

 

The fight knocks their box off of my bed, onto the floor. The fighting ensues.

 

"Cut it out!" I scream at them, slamming my fist into my dresser.

 

They cease their movement on the floor, heading my warning. I reach for my foundation brush and swirl it into the powder. The bristles calm my mood.

 

"Jack, gather the family and find Adelita," I command.

 

Jack and his brothers are staring at me.

 

'Nyx, why are you so obsessed with your makeup?"  Jack asks. 

 

I grin.

 

"Life is short my dear; everyone deserves a final, beautiful, memory before they die. Now go!" I order.

 

I can hear the brothers bickering fading as they moved further down the hallway. I stand up and make my way over to my spell-book. I turn the pages furiously.

 

I know it's in here somewhere, there!

 

I locate the passage and follow each word intently with my index finger.

 

"On this day a savior will arise to lead the army of virtue and abolish sin."

 

I click my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

 

How can that be true? That would mean we are on a team this time around. No, that can't be. It would break the rules!

 

I slam my book shut. I place my hands on the cover and stare into the wall.


 





 


© 2016 HeyJadeXO


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. I liked the thoughts at the end. Calculating right and wrong can be difficult. Thank you my friend for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Utterly superb, Jade... Was absolutely captivated from the very beginning to the very end and had found myself thoroughly wishing there was much more read. The three brothers had simply ignited my imagination, on the very edge of my seat in simple curiosity of what you have created here. And Nyx's character is just on a level of her own. Demure, seemingly so poised with this somewhat cold bit that gives her this air of power, of authority as something of an alpha female. Loved every single ounce of this story! And am so going to divulge in the other chapters which I didn't know about until now. Brilliant!

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much ! there are quite a few chapters. I am happy this stood out as a stand alone chapt.. read more
Beautiful Intentions

7 Years Ago

It did! You're welcome.:) Will be reading more for sure.
You have a great imagination! This piece is different than anything I've ever read! I love how I was engaged from the start and captivated until the end! It left me intrigued for the next chapter!
Tabby

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you Tabby !
That was insanely captivating, well done! At first I didn't even realize Jack had actually 3 heads, you placed it so masterfully in there haha
Very clever write, kudos.

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you Marina !
so cool, I like their bickering, I had chuckle. So well done, original and engaging. R xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Jack is one of my favorites I have to admit !
very cool! Love these characters and the Jack with 3 heads is really fun to envision LOL

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thanks D hes my favorite too ! haha
3 heads? Its confusing me through the chapter.
'His sigh sounds like an accordion'

What is this creature? A monster? A beast? An animal?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nice!
You draw in the reader...so many unanswered questions keep us turning the page. It's a great story line...unique...intriguing...mysterious.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the arguing heads. It's mysterious.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mysterious!... Three heads army of virtue.... You sure know how to get your readers swelling with goose bumbs

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 30, 2016


Author

HeyJadeXO
HeyJadeXO

West Haven, CT



Writing
Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Personified Personified

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Masquerade Masquerade

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Intoxicate Intoxicate

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO