Beautiful Lie (Two)

Beautiful Lie (Two)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

A bit angsty, sorry :)

"
It’s a beautiful lie,
It’s a perfect denial,
Such a beautiful lie to believe in,
So beautiful, beautiful lie makes me
-Beautiful Lie, 30 Seconds To Mars





The next day I got a text from Adam that struck me a little weird. I was staying at my grandmother’s house, which was about ten minutes away from Summerset.

Adam: What happened last night

Emma: um, you know what happened

Adam: Mind jogging my memory

Emma: Is this Adam?

Adam: TAP?

Emma: It’s kinda early but I can meet you at the usual place in like half an hour

He didn’t text back which kinda worried me. I wondered why he couldn’t remember or if he was teasing me. He’d never teased me like this, though.

About ten minutes later, someone knocked at the door. I opened it to get a slap in the face. Wow. I was just a magnet for these wasn’t I? It made my face hurt all over again. “That’s for f*****g my boyfriend.”

“What?” I asked in disbelief. Sierra was standing in my doorway, her face red and blotchy.

“You heard me,” she hissed. “Did you think that I wouldn’t find those texts? I even texted you from his phone and you agreed to meet for a quick ‘tap’.”

“No!” I looked at her, trying to convey what a mistake this was. “Sierra, look, Adam would never cheat on you, least of all with me.”

“Are you kidding me? I’m not blind, I see the way you two look at each other. I should’ve known this was happening.” I could see the hurt that she was feeling deep, deep down. “This is totally wrong. Just ask Adam.”

“Oh please. Like he would agree.” I heard a car pull in the drive way but Sierra was blocking my vision. “I just wanted to come over here and give you what you deserve.”

She stepped closer to me, and I was glad that I was home alone. My grandmother would throw a fit over this, and so would my grandfather. “You ruined what I had with the love of my life! You’re a stupid, f*****g homewrecker and I hope you rot in Hell!”

She slapped me just as someone stepped in the doorway. I couldn’t help but think about how people say three is a lucky number. And then I thought that if people went around slapping the s**t outta me like they seemed to be doing, then I was going to have some kind of permanent damage. “What the Hell is going on here?”

Just f*****g perfect. Adam towered over Sierra as I held my throbbing face. Sierra cooled down a few degrees, “Just telling this b***h not to ever f**k one of my boyfriends again.”

Shock joins the mix of anger and confusion on Adam’s face. “Wha…?”
“Oh please, I know you’ve been cheating on me.”

“What? That’s crazy! I would never do that to anyone!” The confusion and shock melted away, replaced with hurt and defiance.  I couldn’t remove my hands from the left side of my face, but I still spoke around that.

“See? Sierra, you make Adam happy. He’s my best friend, why would I sabotage his happiness?” Adam looked at me and some of the anger flared again. Which kind of ticked me off, like, dude, what the f**k. Your girlfriend slapped in the face, not the other way around.

Sierra faltered but she was still determined. “He made me happy too until I saw those texts.”

“Wait, you went through my phone? Are you kidding me?” Adam turned his glare on her. “Get out of here.”

“What?” she asked, totally caught off guard. Haha, b***h, how do you like it?

“I said get out. We’re over. Obviously you don’t trust me, so there’s no point in us being together,” I could see the hurt he was feeling. As much as them being together hurt, if it made Adam happy, then I could deal. At least that’s what I told myself.

“Adam-” she tried.

“No, just don’t. Please, just  leave me alone,” I thought I could hear him reaching the end of his rope. I just wanted to talk to him alone.

She left dejectedly and I watched her go, finally able to remove both of my hands instead of one. “Adam, I’m sorry. I know that you were happy with her and that you’d never ever cheat on her. I mean, you’ve seen what it does to people-”

He looked at me, his eyes hard. Adam cut me off, “God d****t, Em! Can we not make this about you? I swear, it’s all Emma, Emma, Emma. Can it be about me for just three f*****g seconds?”

I recoiled as if he had…slapped me. I felt hurt that he thought that it was all about me, and the little hope that had formed over the years had been cracked and chipped. God, was I really like that? Was he right? Probably.

I think that’s what hurt the most.

I backed away. “You should go,” I said softly. “If…if you ever want to talk, text me.”

He looked up as he slowly stepped out of the doorway. I love you, I mouthed when he turned his back. I don’t know if he looked back because I was crying too much to see.

That night, I was playing Dead Space while my three year old sister was on the couch. All traces of my tears were gone and I tried to lose myself in the game, killing the necromorphs as poor Isaac. I wish his girlfriend, Nicole, had survived and he’d found her.

“Alright, time to go to bed, guys,” my memere said, walking in. “You and Bella are sharing the living room tonight, okay?”

“Yeah, c’mon Belle,” I saved the game and turned off the xbox. “Wait, where’s Scruff?”
I whistled for Scruff, my grandmother’s small mutt of a dog. He was a mix of terrier and Chihuahua. We went up to the second living room, which was kind of a rec room. I laid down on my cot by the window and Bella stretched out on the couch.

I woke up at about one in the morning and looked around curiously. What had woken me up? I looked outside at the backyard, lit by the stars and moon.

Holy. F*****g. S**t.

There was a guy in my  grandmother’s backyard and he leaned to the left side. Terrified, I leaned away from the window. I jumped when my phone went off. I quickly grabbed it before it could wake up Bella.

Adam: I saw you. Can you plz come down? I’m sorry.

Emma: WTF man. Way to give me an effing heart attack.

I glared out the window. Meanie.



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I promise everything get;s better in the next chapter ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I like what I see, this is really good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i no wait. you write chapter NOW. :p ME GUSTA!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"He’d never teased me like this, though" should be tease in the present tense :)
"Your girlfriend slapped in the face, not the other way around." b/t 'slapped' and 'in' should be 'me' (hoped I helped :)

Please more :) I like the dialogue and how Emma thinks. Plus I love a character who can give sassy comments :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


next. chapter. now.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Family The Family

A Poem by Amanda


I'd Lie (Three) I'd Lie (Three)

A Chapter by Amanda