Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Escape My Fate

Thirteen year old Maddy Martin was walking down the street towards school. Another day locked up in a smelly room with people who just didn't care. Yay she thought. As she was walking, a pair of hands grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back.
"Ah!" she screamed
"Shh! its just me. Eric" her boyfriend, eric, said
"Ugh! You scared me!" she gasped as she hit him in the shoulder
He smiled and kissed her
"How was your morning?" he asked
Maddy's morning was just as bad as the any other. Her drunk mom always as supportive as ever. And her dad never home, searching for a job. And her older sister? Well, she moved out this morning. The only person who gave a damn was her brother, Kyle. He was always there in the morning waiting, with a nice breakfast and a glass of milk. He was the one who kept this family alive. He cleaned the house, made the food, and paid the bills. How would we survive without him?
"My morning was great" she lied.
Eric smiled. He knew her family.
They walked the rest of the way to school in silence. Eric was of course the star courter back, straight A student, and the most handsome guy in school. Maddy was the head cheerleader, straight A student, prettiest girl in school, and the nicest. They were also the cutest couple.
"Hey!" one of Eric's friends were shouting for him.
"Gatta go" he said, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.
She smiled and waved. She continued my walk to her advisement. Once she got there, she sat down and began to read her biology book. She began reviewing her homework when come whispers behind her distracted her.
"Shes such a looser. Look at her doing her homework. She needs to get a life" someone said. A female voice.
"Haha yeah. Can't believe shes the most popular girl in school." a male voice said.
Maddy turned her head to see who was speaking so badly about her. She turned and saw a bunch of "Emo" kids. Some were leaning back in their chairs and some were sitting forward, glaring at her. She smiled and waved hello. They did nothing. They just continued to glare at her.
"Would you like to copy my homework?" Maddy asked polity.
The Emo's looked at each other 
"Sure" one of them said, a male. With black hair, with blond at each end of his spikes. Maddy caught herself staring at him, and liking him! She looked away blushing. Everyone moves forward and copied her homework. Weak way to make friends she thought but it worked. 
Then the bell rang, and school began.


© 2010 Escape My Fate


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think I'm going to like this story, mostly because of the "Emo" kids. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A couple of spelling mistakes, but it's really good!!!!!! Can't wait to read more

Posted 13 Years Ago


O.o a few mistakes there, love, but the storyline overall was an interesting one. I enjoy Maddy's character bunches. And I think it would be Emoes, not Emo's. Though I'm not quite sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a good beginning chapter to the book. Can't wait to continue on. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this beginning chapter. When I was in school. I was surrounded by all the pretty girls at lunch. I was a math tutor. A very good chapter. Strong characters and interesting first chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Nice start, I really like the Kyle guy, he sounds like a nice guy but seriously? UNFAIR! lol I loved Maddy's character a lot.
Keep up the good work, Thunder.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010