The Hybrid

The Hybrid

A Chapter by Davey-sama

When they arrived to their destined location the girls were shocked to see how much defence was on the perimeter of the city’s walls. Bunkers with 2 mounted machine guns in each were placed all around the city. Professionally trained snipers deployed on the tops of the apartments, and on the city walls, and a particular amount of soldiers patrolled each area of the city. “I-It’s like a fortress!” Mia exclaimed excitedly.

When the girls landed they were greeted by a group of soldiers. “This is standard procedure” One of them explained as he cuffed and guided them to where they needed to go. The girls were taken into a large white room, where they all waited impatiently.

“Can they not hurry up?” Mia huffed as she plonked herself onto one of the beds.

“Well they did say it’d take some time. You need to be more patient.” Mika sighed.

“Maybe they forgot about us...” Yue thought to add. Finally the automated door slid open.

They watched as a tall skinny female scientist walked in, with long dark hair tied into a bun, glasses and strict looking eyes. She was followed by some soldiers. “Edelfelt Éclair, I have been told for you to be the first one.” The woman said with a stern voice.

“Yes ma’am” Éclair replied quickly standing up and following her. The girls all sat in confusion and awkward silence. Within no time the woman entered the room once again. She shot a look at everyone “Kurusu, Yue.” She demanded.

“Yes ma’am?” Yue answered.

“Come with me”

“Yes ma’am...” She followed nervously.

Minutes passed slowly then, but the woman re-entered and asked for Mika. “Hold on!” Mia shouted.

The woman stopped and looked at Mia with a grim look. “Miss Hishishii is currently in the hospital. We checked her for any bites and scratches. She’s clean.” She replied dragging Mika out of the room. The door shut automatically behind them and locked. Mia sat back down on the bed, and began to roll her sleeves up. “Checked for bites and scratches...” She said to herself looking down at her arms. Suddenly she felt her stomach twist. On her forearm was a gaping gash. What!? She thought. At that moment she remembered that when she and Éclair found John, they were attacked by a woman who had long fingernails. The woman grabbed Mia’s arm and when she pulled her arm away, the woman’s nails must have dug in, cutting her without her noticing.

The door opened and the scientist walked in. Mia began to sweat as the woman’s facial expression changed. “Men! This girl has been infected, get her to the lab immediately!” The woman demanded. Two soldiers charged in and knocked her unconscious so they could easily carry her without trouble.

Hours later Mia woke up on an infirmary type bed, in the middle of a large white room. On the wall in front of her was a huge mirror, Mia could only see herself, whereas on the other side she knew someone was watching her. Mia attempted to sit up then to realise she was restricted by tight straps that kept her body firmly on the bed making sure she couldn’t escape. A giant machine stood next to her that monitored her heart rate, blood pressure, mental stress and any other emotion she may feel, and how the virus may have affected it.

“Dr. White, Miss Kiriaki’s heart rate is exceedingly high.” A scientist said in shock.

“Is that so? How high?” She replied.

“187 beats per minute ma’am.”

Dr. White’s spun around in disbelief. “Impossible. She’s just a child.”

“Also ma’am, we did an xray to check her organs. It looks as if the virus has mutated her lungs.”

“What?” She exclaimed snatching the picture out of the man’s hands. “It looks as if her rib cage has moved forward to allow this mutation.” Dr. White looked into the room at Mia. “I wonder why her body is acting like this with the virus.”

“Who knows ma’am”

“O’Connor, I want her taken to the lab gym. Record her muscle strength and see if they’ve mutated too. We could use this to our advantage. She’s our prototype.”

“Yes ma’am” O’Connor replied.

The door opened which alarmed Mia. O’Connor unstrapped her from the bed and helped her to her feet. “Hello Miss Kiriaki.”

Mia looked up at the tall slender man wearing a lab coat. His eyes looked fatigued, which gave her the impression that he was overworking and losing out on sleep, also dark grey stubble covered half his face. “My name is Jeffrey O’Connor. We will be doing some tests today. It would be helpful if you co-operated.” He continued with a gentle smile on his face.

“Yes sir.” She replied immediately.

“Please, don’t be so formal. Call me Jeff, or Jeffrey.”

Mia smiled. “Yes Jeff!” She said lively saluting him with a grin on her face.

O’Connor escorted Mia into the labs gym. The gym was a very large bright white room. There were many different exercise machines which had large monitors next to them to observe her muscle’s strength. “Let’s start with the treadmill” Jeff suggested. Mia stepped onto a large treadmill that stretched far in width and length giving her enough room to run as fast as she could. “Now, run as fast as you can.”

“Alright!” Mia excitedly shouted as she began to step forward to start the treadmill. She began to slowly get faster and faster, even when she got to 17 miles per hour she was still proceeding with the speed. As she got faster, Jeff noticed that her feet were giving off lots of force. On top of that he saw that the treadmill began to crack due to that force and ordered her to stop. But when she halted to a stop her feet broke through unexpectedly and crushed the treadmill. “Oops...” She said pulling her feet from the rubble.

“Amazing... Next we’re going to test your arm strength.” Jeff exclaimed. Mia laid down on the workout bench and watched as Jeff put the weight on. “Right, you’ll be lifting 500 Kilos.”

“500!?” Mia bellowed.

“Go” Mia closed her eyes tightly and grimaced as she pushed her arms up, however surprisingly she lifted it without effort. She opened her eyes to the amazement that it didn’t feel heavy at all to her.

“Right... That was the heaviest it went. I don’t get how your muscles could withstand that because you have small skinny arms, but I guess anything can happen.” He paused for a moment to think, and tapped his pen again his chin. “Okay, follow me. I have an idea.” Jeff finally said.

Mia followed him into a giant garage which had a sizable machine on one side of it. The machine had a car lifted up and attached to it. “Go stand over there.”

“Err... Okay.” Mia said walking, slowly trying to figure out what was going to happen. She stood dead on in front of the machine. “We are going to launch this car at you. Try and catch it.” Jeff explained.

“What? Are you trying to kill me?” Mia screamed.

He ignored her and pulled the lever. “Go!”

“Wai-” Before she could argue the car was launched directly at her. Her eyes widened to the thought of being crushed to death, but her body automatically stretched her arms out. Panting she stood there holding the car above her head and she slouched slightly from the weight. “What... The hell man?” She panted.

“Well done, you just caught a car. You are now the strongest girl alive” Jeff joked laughing.

“Oh, you think this is funny wise guy?” Mia shouted. “Why don’t you try and catch it!” in anger she lobbed the car at Jeff who was stood on the machine.

“Oh crap!” He shouted and hastily jumped out the way. The car hit the machine straight on and completely destroyed it leaving a fiery pile of electronic part.

“Whoa... That was so cool” Jeff exclaimed.


© 2016 Davey-sama


Author's Note

Davey-sama
Please let me know how it is.
-Dave

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 29, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama