Miracle or Curse?

Miracle or Curse?

A Chapter by Davey-sama

The other three girls were waiting in their apartment. “Where do you think they’ve taken Mia?” Mika figitted worrying about her twin.

Yue was perched on the windowsill looking down at the streets. “I have a feeling something bad has happened...” Yue’s voice wobbled. She pointed her finger at the lab. “She’s in there.”

Everyone rushed over to the window.

“Isn’t that the lab?” Éclair asked confused.

Mika’s face grew haunted. “Yeah, why is she in there Yue, do you know?”

“When I was in the hospital, I was pretending to be asleep and a scientist walked in to talk to the doctor. She said that Mia was infected with the virus, and has been taken to the lab for tests.”

“What!?” Éclair and Mika screamed.

Yue’s eyes downcasted. “I didn’t want to believe it either... She’s been in there for hours now. It’s almost getting dark. She must be dead by now.” She jumped down from the window sill and flopped face down onto the bed. “We didn’t get to say good bye...” Yue said with a faltered voice.

Éclair and Mika looked at each other, and then sat next to Yue. They noticed that she was crying, and the thought of Mia being dead upset them all dearly. Mika burst into tears and laid down next to Yue, so did Éclair. They both put their arms around Yue.

Suddenly the door opened, and the 3 girls looked up to see who it was. “Mia!?” They all screamed in confusion.

“What?” Mia asked just as bewildered.

The girls sat up on the bed. “What’s going on? I heard you were infected!” Yue shouted.

“I am.” Mia said looking to the floor.

“Then how are you still alive?”

“I’m not too sure myself. These past few hours have just been hard to take in. My body has changed a lot due to the virus.”

“Changed?” Eclair asked.

“Yeah, I can throw cars at scientists and break treadmills from running too fast.” Mia laughed.

“You think this is a joke?” Mika snapped. “We’ve been sitting here thinking you were dead, and you’re laughing about what that virus has done to you?”

Mia frowned. “Mi-chan, why are you freaking out? Be glad I’m still alive.”

Mika opened her mouth but no words came out. Instead she rushed into Mia’s arm, and the other two girls followed. “That was the welcome I was hoping for” Mia whispered as she hugged them all tightly.

Late in the night a sniper was on the roof of the girls apartment looking for anything suspicious. He wore a black military uniform, with a pistol strapped to his leg. In addition he had a swiss army knife on the front of his bulletproof vest, and in his arms he held a .50 cal, the same gun type as Yue. He spotted something out of the ordinary while overlooking his guard post, and checked it through his scope. A girl? He thought lowering his gun. “Smith, It’s Ghost. Can you see a girl from your position, she’s a redhead. I can only see her from behind. Get a confirmed ID on her face for me, over.” Ghost said through the radio on his vest.

“Affirmative, over” Smith replied quickly. A few minutes past “Ghost, I’ve just looked her up on the system, her name is Mia Kiriaki. It seems she’s the prototype everyone is talking about, over.” Smith explained.

“The prototype eh…” He thought aloud. He pressed his radio. “Well that gives her no excuse to be out after curfew so I’m going down there, over and out.”

“Wait, gho-” Ghost turned his radio off, holstered his rifle to his back and slid down the long ladder. He drew his pistol out and cautiously walked over to Mia. Slowly he came up behind her and held it to the back of her head. “Excuse me.” He said with a strong American accent.

Mia turned her head and saw she was staring down the barrel of the gun. “Err...” she trembled.

“So you’re alive then” He said putting away his weapon. “You’re the hybrid aren’t you?”

“You make me sound like a monster...”

“Well, you’re the only one who is immune to the virus.”

Mia glowered. “I’m not immune, the virus changed the way my body works.”

Ghost looked her over. “Hmm... Why you out girl? It’s past curfew.”

Her expression softened. “Because I have a really bad headache and thought I needed some air. But it’s not helping.”

“Maybe you’re hungry.”

“I’ve already eaten.”

“No, hungry for flesh, seeing as you do have the virus in you” Mia looked down at the floor shocked. She put her hands on her head and chuckled with a grim tone. “You really think that’s it?”

Ghost’s turned his radio back on, it gave a small static sound and then a deep voice came through. “Ghost, there’s a virus at the gate. He seems to be walking fast, over”

“Hold your fire, I’m sending my new recruit, over.” Ghost replied.

“Affirmative” Smith understood.

“Your time to shine Kiriaki” Ghost said lifting up his face mask, he smiled at her. “Go kill that virus without a weapon, let’s see what you can do.”

“I’ll try my best sir!” Mia chimed quickly saluting him. She ran towards the gate, gaining speed as she got closer. When she got to the gate she bent her legs and jumped to see how high she could reach. As she came off the ground a thick black shadow, just like smoke, with red veins dispersed and cracked the floor. She leapt high above the 15 ft gate, and over the top, when she landed the same thing happened. “Wow, I never knew I could do that.” She mused quietly to herself. She looked up to see the virus shuffling rapidly towards her. She stood up. The moment it reached hit her she swiftly moved out the way and kicked it hard in the side of its body. The impact imbedded Virus into a crashed car. Without warning three thick black tendril like veins shot from the Zombie and impaled Mia.

All the soldiers on the gate raised their weapons to the screaming girl, black mist circled her body shaped like a small hurricane and then it stopped. Everyone stood in shock as Mia stood up straight.

“Miss, are you okay?” A soldier asked creeping towards her with his gun aimed.

Mia looked at the man and smiled. “I think so. my headache has finally gone.” She laughed nervously rubbing the back of her head.

Everyone became confused about the situation. Out of no-where Jeff came running out. “Mia, what happened?” He screamed running over to her and checking her eyes with a torch.

“Whoa, Jeff calm down. I’m fine” She assured him.

“Dr. O’Connor, she absorbed the infected. What does this mean?” Ghost butted in.

“Absorbed? This must mean her body has mutated to absorb anything she kills.”

Ghosts voice became worried. “Anything? So she could kill and absorb one of us?”

“I presume so, but I know she wouldn’t.”

“Of course I wouldn’t, who do you think I am?” Mia bellowed.

“I apologise. But, you’re not exactly human.” Ghost said as he walked away. Everyone followed after him, in case anymore infected came. Mia went the opposite way.

“Mia wait,” O’connor grabbed her arm and she shot him a dark look. “N-nevermind..” He knew to leave her alone. She walked further into the darkness. Anger consumed her body. “He’s right, I’m not human.” She whispered to herself. A small red car stood next to her, mostly intact. Mia clenched her fist and lifted her arm up. With force she slammed it on the top of the frame, and ripped through the vehicle. She panted and grunted as she completely destroyed the car. “Why me!” She screeched as she gave one final blow to the car. Finally she had calmed down. Slowly dropping to her knees with her head in her hands she gave a loud cry. Somehow her body had connected well with the virus, she couldn't seem to wrap her head around the reality of the situation. She had turned into a monster. Something that could kill with little effort. Is this a miracle or a curse? She wondered, looking to the sky. “I best get back. I’m tired.” She said pulling herself together


© 2016 Davey-sama


Author's Note

Davey-sama
Please let me know how it is.
-Dave c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on July 29, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama