Greeted By A Virus

Greeted By A Virus

A Chapter by Davey-sama

Éclair and Mika sat in silent despair. “She didn’t mean it you know.” Éclair assured her.

“Why was she so angry? Does she care about that girl more than me?” Mika wept.

“I don’t think that’s the case. She seems drawn to her in a way.”

“Drawn? As in romantically?” She asked, tight-lipped.

“Doesn’t it seem that way? I mean, did you see the way she looked after her when you brought her home after you shot her?”

“No! My sister isn’t like that. She won’t like a girl in that way!” Mika clenched her fists.

“Mika, this is reality. You have to accept it, even if it seems wrong in your eyes.” Éclair exclaimed holding onto Mika’s shoulders. “Mia probably doesn’t even know it yet. She will feel so confused about it. Just be there for her.” She added in a softer tone.

“Ok-” Before Mika could finish they heard a large bang on the front door. “What was that?” she said as she jumped to her feet.

Éclair stood up as well. “I don’t know, but it doesn’t sound good.”

Mia ran into the room carrying Yue room who was unconscious.

“Everyone Johns dead” Mia informed the while she carefully placed Yue on the floor at the back of the room and passed everyone their guns. “You should keep these with you at all times” She added.

They all watched the door in wait for John’s corpse to come stumbling in. In no time its hand gripped the door frame and pulled itself into view. The giant grin on its face shocked them. “I smell something yummy” it said with a daunting voice. Fear struck their hearts and left the feeling of confusion. Mia aimed her handgun it. “Don’t come any closer!” She shouted with a shaky voice.

The creature stopped and laughed. “Oh, I’m shaking little girl. I can smell the fear on you. I bet you’re thinking how can this thing talk? Well let me explain. You see we’re a virus. Who knows how we were created because I don’t even know that. But we survive by taking over a human’s body, or ‘host’. And with a host we can survive as long as the brain or spinal cord is intact. Slowly, we’re getting smarter. Soon we will be climbing over them walls that you use to keep us out.” The thing laughed hysterically. “Just one bite and you’ll be one of us!” It shouted continuing to laugh.

Mia clenched her teeth in anger and pulled the trigger. The bullet penetrated its chest and it stopped laughing. “So basically you’re turning onto one of us?” She smirked.

The virus dropped to its knees but started to laugh again. “Did you think that would kill me!?” He realised he was staring down the barrel

“No, but you let your guard down.” Her face blackened.

He was shocked to see such an evil look on Mia’s face but when he understood he smirked. “You’re not even human yourself.”

She clenched her teeth harder as he laughed again. “Shut up!” She screamed pulling the trigger. His corpse flopped forward. Mia picked up his body over her shoulder and carried him outside to the door. “We need to bury him.” She said to Mika and Éclair.

They both snapped out of shock. “Yeah” they said in sync and followed her out.


In the living room Yue was still out cold. Her hand moved a little, and her eyes twitched. When she opened them she saw blood spewed all over the floor. What!? Paranoid she observed the room; it was empty. In a state of panic she followed blood trails leading to the front door. Her heart raced, and her wound hurt from running. What the hell happened here? She thought to herself as she opened it. Outside Mia, Éclair, and Mika were putting a rock onto a lump of sand. Relieved she dropped to her knees.

Mia spotted Yue in the doorway. “Hey Kurusu, you should come say something for John.” She shouted as she waved at her. Yue got back to her feet and made her way over to John’s ‘grave’.

“You know, you’ve left a mess in the front room” She sighed

Mika and Éclair laughed. “I guess we did. We’ll clean up don’t worry.” Éclair giggled.

Without warning the sky went dark, and everyone looked up with disbelief. 3 large helicopters hovered high over them; the closer they got the stronger the gust was. Everyone ran out of the way as they landed. The strong wind made it hard for them to see who was in the helicopter but when it stopped the girls couldn’t believe their eyes. “Father!” Éclair exclaimed as she ran up to him.

“Hello Éclair. This is a British brigade. They have come to take you and your friends to somewhere safe.” Her father said with a strong Japanese accent.

“Here to take us somewhere safe?” Mia asked.

“Yes, so please get into this chopper. We have word that it is only England that has been infected because the virus cannot travel overseas.”

“But what if someone was to get bitten, and go to another country?” Mika asked, worried.

He looked down at her and frowned. “Well, that would be a problem would it not?”

“We’re screwed if it does.” Mia added.

“We’ve alerted all countries about it so they are aware.”

“Fair enough...” All 4 girls got onto the helicopter. As it lifted they watched 20 soldiers exit the other two helicopters, and began setting up the beach house as a base. The journey was quiet.


© 2016 Davey-sama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2016


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama