Friendly Fire (Pt.2)

Friendly Fire (Pt.2)

A Chapter by Davey-sama

Yue and Mika left the new acquaintance John in the house to go out and look for Mia and Éclair. As they walked down the street of Alkia Harbour town hell was surrounding them. Most buildings were on fire, thick black smoke poured from the tops of them and the smell of death was everywhere.

They wandered far from where the beach was, deep into the town. Their eyes were like searchlights; examining the area for any un-dead. Any survivors. As they walked up a street they came to a crashed police car, inside a burned corpse laid against the dashboard. In the policeman’s hands Yue spotted a Glock. 19, anxious Yue put her hands through the broken window in an attempt to take the gun. “It’s stuck.” She said alarmed.

“Try and open his hands.” Mika suggested.

“Gross...” Yue gripped its fingers and tried to pry them open. Suddenly the hand moved and grabbed Yue’s wrist tightly. Its head turned towards them making a deathly sound as though it was constantly exhaling. Yue’s eyes widened and in panic she ripped her arm from its demonic grip.

They both stand back and watch in fright. Mika scared to death, with her eyes shut tight pulls up her 9mm and shoots. Sure that she hit something she opened her eyes.

“Mika... You can’t shoot through people...” Yue faltered before she fainted onto the cold hard ground.

Yue groaned from the throbbing pain and opened her eyes.

“So you’re finally awake” A voice said. Leaning over her was Mia.

“What happened?” Yue managed.

“Well, Mika shot you in the back. It missed your vital organs but because it was at close range the bullet went straight through you. You’re extremely lucky to be alive.”

“Oh right” She replied struggling to sit up.

“Whoa whoa, you need to rest” Mia demanded laying her back down. “We’ll make you some food.”

Yue stayed on her futon. She couldn’t believe the amount of pain she felt, or that she was even still alive. It was unbearable; her body grew colder by each minute and sweat trickled from her forehead. I hate my life. She thought. A livid feeling struck her. Grunts and cries of pain slipped from her mouth as she forced herself to crawl out of the futon. Why does this happen to me. She continued. Hands flat on the floor she lifted up the top half of her body. I mean seriously? I get bedridden at a time like this? Finally she got to her feet but staggered forwards into the door. Supporting herself on it, she walked unsteadily towards the living room and used the walls to keep her body up. Next to the door, she panted holding onto the wound in her stomach and took a deep breath before sliding the door open hard.

Everyone looked at her astonished. “Yue you should be resting!” Mia shouted rushing over to hold her up.

Dismayed, Yue pushes Mia off her but un-able to keep herself balanced she fell backwards. “Agh!” she screamed in agony.

“Yue!” Everyone cried rushing to her aid.

“I’m fine” She bellowed rejecting everyone’s help and stood up on her own.



A few days had passed. Everyone sat around the table and ate their dinner in silence. Mia kept on glancing over at Yue. Her face was pale, yet her cheeks were flushed. Her movement was weakly slow and her appetite had decreased dramatically. She watched her as she just sat there and played with her food using the chopstick.

“Thank you for the food” Yue said quietly before she stood up and exited the room slowly, trying to keep her balance. Everyone else just looked down at their empty bowls and then at her full one.

“She’s not eating Mia.” Mika sobbed. “It’s my entire fault”

“I know” Mia grimly replied following Yue. Mika was shocked. Her own sister, the one who swore to protect her walked away and left her crying.

Mia slid open the door and slammed it behind her. Before Yue could look up she had already grabbed a hold of her by her wrists and pulled her up. “What do you think you’re f*****g doing? Do you want to die?” She screamed into her face.

“Stop it, Kiriaki you’re hurting m-“

“Oh, I’m hurting you am I? Well you’re hurting everyone. Mika could’ve left you there to bleed to death, but she didn’t. Instead she risked her life for you, and you’re being as selfish by trying to slowly kill yourself!”

“Mia please, I fe-‘’ without warning Yue fainted, and her body went limp. Luckily Mia caught her before she hit the floor.

“Crap. Yue!” She shouted trying to wake her up. I over did it. Her eyes swelled up as she laid Yue across her lap, and cradled her. If I was there I could have protected her. I could’ve stopped this. She calmed down quickly and decided to lock the room they were in, denying all access to them. She picked Yue up and placed her carefully on her futon. “Why does my heart hurt to see you like this?” She whispered stroking the side of her face. “But I’m going to do what I can to protect you.”

Determined she pulled off Yue’s vest top and unwrapped the bandage that was around her stomach. The wound looked repulsive and engorged. “Holy crap” Mia exclaimed. She cringed for a moment and then got a hold of herself. She unclipped a large black case that they used for first aid. A little white spray bottle had distinctive lettering on the side, ‘Disinfectant’ This may help. She carefully sprayed it onto the inflamed wound; a dark orange liquid sunk into the gaping hole and Yue grimaced. It’s affecting her, so it must be working. Next Mia picked up a small cloth and sprayed it with water. She wiped the wound carefully trying not to re-open it. The difference between before and after was big. That’s going to leave a nasty scar. She wrapped it back up tightly with a clean bandage. When she had finished she lied down next to her and pulled the blanket over them. Mia waited in silence for Yue to come back around.

Yue’s eyes twitched and slowly opened. The melancholic expression on Mia’s face turned to ecstatic. “You’re awake, how are you feeling? Do you hurt? Are you hungry? I can make you food if you want, or maybe you want a dri-”

Mia was interrupted by Yue’s index finger being pressed against her lips. “Shut up.” Yue said quietly. “Your constant babbling is giving me a headache”

“I’ll keep the babble to myself then” Mia replied smiling at her. Yue looked up at her, and they both laughed. Slowly she sat up and grunted in pain. “How long have I been out?” She asked curiously.

“About 30 minutes, not long. I was able to clean your wound; it doesn’t look too bad now it’s healing well.”

“Is that so?” Yue looked down and realised she was only in her bra and coverage from the bandage wrapped around her stomach and back. Her face went red as she pulled the blanket to cover herself. “You pervert!” She shouted.

Mia let out a hysterical laugh. “More like paedophile”

“I’m 17!” She moaned facing away from her.

“Hey, I’ve seen it before. Who do you think dressed your wound when it happened”

“I woke up a couple of days ago. How long was I asleep before that?”

Mia paused for a moment in thought. “I’d say it’s been about a week.”

“A week? I was really out for a week?”

“Mm.” She nodded. “That’s why you should eat.”



© 2016 Davey-sama


Author's Note

Davey-sama
Please let me know what you think.
-Dave

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2016
Tags: lesbian, zombies


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama