Friendly Fire (Pt.1)

Friendly Fire (Pt.1)

A Chapter by Davey-sama

Night fell quickly. The girls decided they should rest up in case of any trouble in the morning, they thought that the first night shouldn’t be bad because they hadn’t heard anything from the T.V.

Firstly they bolted all the triple glazed windows, and locked the doors firmly. For extra security Mika and Éclair both kept a 9mm next to their futons, whereas Mia kept the Smith & Wesson and Yue kept her ACP’s.

At Alkia harbour town, just minutes away from where the girls were sleeping, the virus was passing quickly. Fires spread, and people were turned into what was always known as a ‘Zombie’. The mindless living dead.

Mia felt too afraid to sleep. She couldn’t shake the feeling that something would happen. Her mind went wild with scenarios and thoughts of the possibilities that could unfold if she fell asleep. Her body grew cold with sweat. She forced her eyes to stay open, and kept on darting them at every possible entry. Her increasing paranoia accelerated her breath. Come on Mia, everything’s going to be fine. Stop it stop it stop it. She tried to encourage herself.

Her stomach twisted and she felt a shiver down her spine. Something isn’t right. Mia could see thick black smoke outside the window she was staring at from her futon. She rose slowly and snuck over there trying not to wake the others. Her eyes began to water up when she realised it was actually happening. That even the though it seemed so surreal, it was happening right in front of her eyes. Buildings were burning, people were screaming, people were dying. It was nothing you could ever forget. Nothing years of counselling could ever fix. It would always be there, haunting your every thought. People were dying painfully as their flesh was ripped off their bone. It could be anyone, mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, boyfriends, girlfriend, or old friends. Anyone. Mia slapped her hands onto her face and screamed. “No! Stop it! Go away!” As she screamed as thrashed about everyone apart from Yue woke up in absolute shock.

Mika grabbed Mia’s wrists as she knelt next to her and tried to pull her hands away from her face. “Éclair grab her legs” Mika demanded. They both held Mia still. She began to calm down and opened her eyes to Mika’s face, looking alarmed. “It was just a dream.” Mika said pulling Mia up and hugging her.

“A dream...” She replied.

Yue sat up slowly and turned to Mia with the same blank expression as always. “You’re so noisy” Her voice croaked.

That strung one of Mia nerves and she stood in anger. “Well I’m sorry for having the worst dream ever!” Mia shouted at her.

Yue still looked at her plainly. “Don’t use that tone with me, you child.”

“Child? You’re like 3 feet! Who’s the child here!?”

Yue sprung up in fury. “I’m 5 foot actually! At least I’m not a cry baby who cries at bad dreams”

Enraged, Mia clenched her right hand and swung it viciously at Yue’s face, causing her to stagger backwards into the wall. Yue grimaced at the painful throb of her cheek and charged back punching her in the stomach.

Scared Mika grabs Mia, and Éclair holds back Yue to break up the fight, but with a struggle. “Stop it please?” Mika asked in desperation. But Mia still tried to go after Yue. Their persistency began to irritate Mika. In the heat of the moment she pulls her twin around and slaps her across the face. Everyone stopped and stared in disbelief.

“People are dying out there and you two are having a little childish squabble? You’re both unbelievable” Mika screamed at them both. Her eyes began to water and she ran out the room.

“Mi!” Mia shouts.

Éclair walked over to the door and looked back at them. “Idiots.” She scowled before she chased after Mika.

Mia looked back at Yue who was holding her hand to the vast red mark on her right cheek, and noticed blood was seeping from her mouth. She could see the obvious expression of pain that had been stricken on her face and started to feel guilty. Mia ruffles in her blouse pocket and pulls out a small red handkerchief. She walked fast over to her. Yue stepped back scared and flinched. With her eyes closed from flinching she felt something soft wiping her lips and her chin. Confused she opened her eyes to see that Mia was wiping the blood off her face. “Where are you bleeding from?” Mia asked.

“You hit me so hard you cut the inside of my mouth on my teeth”

She frowned. “I’m sorry. Does it hurt?”

“Tsk. No way” Yue huffed folding her arms acting potent. Mia giggled and poked her sore cheek. “Ouch!” Yue cried.

“Thought it didn’t hurt?”

“It doesn’t! Well, it does... But only a little bit!” Yue shouted as she felt her face burn up.

Mia stared at her face meticulously and noticed it becoming red. “Yue’s getting all flustered!” She teased.

“I’m not!” Yue put her hands over her face from embarrassment.

Mia bent down until they were face level and placed her hands on Yue wrists to move her hands from her face. This is going to be so funny. She thought to herself. Mia moved her face closer to hers “It’s cute” She said tenderly.

Yue’s could feel her heart rate rapidly increasing and her face went scorching hot. She pulled her arms from Mia’s grip and ran out the room.


Respiring quickly Yue stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. My heart. It’s going to explode. She thought to herself and started to undress. I’ll have a nice relaxing bath. It should clear my head. Yue wrapped a white towel around her petite body, and then tied her hair up so it didn’t get wet. She slid into the bath letting off a content sigh. The warm water made her feel at peace and relaxed. I can still feel my face throbbing. She has a bad temper. Yue thought as she lifted her hand to the bruise Mia gave her. She flinched at the pain that struck through her entire face as she pressed her delicate fingers against it.

“Ahhhhhh!” A girl screamed, which made Yue jump. Without hesitation she rushed out from the bath still in her towel and ran towards the screaming girl’s voice. In the hallway backing Mika up into the corner was a tall man. “Oi, Zombie! Get away from Mika.” Yue shouts pointing at it with a hero-like stance.

“Zombie?” it replied turning its head towards Yue which revealed it wasn’t the living dead, but a man. His eyes feasted upon a beautiful girl, in nothing but a skimpy white towel showing off her childlike physique. “Oh my, it’s just my luck.” The man said walking over to her. Yue realised something and looked down at her body. S**t! I’m only wearing a towel!

She looked up at the man, who gasped and grabbed her face. “Ouch, that hurts.” She exclaimed.

“What monster would do this to such a beautiful little girl?”

“Hey! I’m not a little girl I’m 17” Yue shouted smacking his hand from her face.

“17? With such a small physique? Well aren’t I just a lucky guy.” He started to swoon. “I get to lodge with a girl that has such a womanly body, twins and a girl with such a petite figure. It’s just like a movie, maybe you’d all fall in love with me!”

Yue walked away leaving the man to talk to himself in his own little fantasy. “Hey Mika, who is that pervert and why is he here” She asked with a grim look.

“His name is John. Mia and Éclair have gone out to look around and find survivors.”

“Without me!?”

“Well she felt bad about hitting you an-“

“That idiot!” Yue screamed in anger and rushed off.

“Wait Yue; don’t leave me with this guy!” Mika cried chasing after her.


© 2016 Davey-sama


Author's Note

Davey-sama
Please let me know how it is.
-Dave

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2016


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama