Demonic Flock

Demonic Flock

A Chapter by Davey-sama

Elsewhere a girl stood calmly on a rooftop. Her white hair hidden under an orange hat, whilst her fringe blew in the slight wind and her silver eyes glowed in the moonlight. She pointed at the small city that the girls were in. “That’s our target.” She said emotionless.

Stood next to her was a Virus. Its body had mutated, making it 6 foot tall. Its back was slouched and its arms almost as tall as its body. The skin had changed to a dirty orange colour and had thickened. Its jaw had widened showing rows of large teeth and the eyes were smaller and pure black. “Yes, I can smell it,” the Virus smirked. “Zasshu hunts have been so much easier with you Madam Lucia. The others don’t understand that you’re different from those other human viruses.” He added.

“What makes me different?” Her voice monotone; the expression on her face didn’t change.

“You’re not held back by emotion, you can kill someone without the feeling of remorse. You don’t care for the Zasshu you kill.”

“There’s nothing left of this world. We don’t need these pathetic humans anymore, or Zasshu.”

“What of yourself, Madam Lucia?”

“I was the first Zasshu created. All these other Zasshu seek revenge of all your ranks, which have killed someone dear to them.”

“And you have no one dear to you?”

“Feelings leave you nothing but hurt. I’ve accepted the fact I never had a family. I never had friends. I never needed anyone but myself.” Her expression still hadn’t changed. “Douro”

“Yes Madam Lucia?”

“We attack tonight”

“Excellent.” Viruses similar to Douro came into sight behind Lucia. She raised her hand above her head slowly, and then dropped it quickly pointing at the City. All the Viruses gathered on that rooftop charged in. “Douro, I want you to stay here.” Lucia demanded.

“Why’s that?” Douro asked confused.

“This Zasshu is stronger. I can feel it’s energy from here.”

He scoffed. “She hasn’t learned to keep her aura under the radar. She’s still a rookie. I can take her.”

“No. I won’t let you risk your life.”

“As you wish” Douro understood. His form started to change. Blonde hair came out of his head, His arms and legs shrunk to a normal size. He changed into a tall slender man. Lucia pulled a small towel out of her bag and threw it over his naked body.

“I should really carry clothes with me” He chuckled. Lucia ignored his comment and jumped down off the roof.

The girls were asleep in their apartment. The sound of gunfire woke them all up. “What’s that?” Éclair exclaimed.

“They’re shooting at something. Everyone stay here!” Mia demanded as she rushed out the room. She ran down the corridor when suddenly she got an unsteady feeling. What is that? She thought. It’s overwhelming me. She closed her eyes and then opened them. Her eyes had changed to bright yellow with a small iris, and so did her vision. Everything she could see was grey, and any person she could see was a colour. What the f**k is going on? Right. I see red and green. Why is it reminding me of Call of Duty? Red must be my enemies. She exited the building and saw chaos.

Soldiers were lying dead on the floor, and mutated viruses destroyed almost everything. Mia walked out slowly, watching the people get slaughtered by these monsters. She became livid.

Outraged her body started to change. She screamed in pain as her right arm shifted form, small black tendrils shot out from her shoulder and twisted down her arm. Red veins also wrapped themselves down her arm, bulking it up, when suddenly a blade ripped through where her hand was. As the black fog cleared from her arm she had it held out to her side. What used to be her limb was now a large thick sword. It was almost as tall as her body. She charged at the first virus swiftly and sliced it in half. With no trouble at all she darted at each and killed them until there was none left. Everyone who remained watched her in shock. They couldn’t keep her eyes off her ‘arm’.

“There’s a girl coming towards the gate!” Someone screamed which grabbed everyone’s attention. Mia could see the colour black which paced towards them. Mia blinked hard and her vision came to normal. Her silver eyes showed no feeling. She could still see the black colour in the girl’s chest. “Everyone fall back I’ll handle this.” She commanded. No one dared to question her. Mia walked at the same pace as the girl until they came face to face. “Who are you?” She enquired.

The girl’s expression didn’t change. “Your colour is odd.” She replied.

“You can see colours too?”

“I’m just like you. A Zasshu. Your colour is brown; I’ve never seen it before.”

“Yours is black” That small comment made the girls eyes widen slightly. “You don’t want to kill me do you?”

“I’m just doing what I’m supposed to.”

Mia’s face screwed up. “What are you supposed to do? Are you working with the virus? You should be protecting people not killing them!”

The girls face still blank. “Why should I protect people when no one has ever protected me?”

“Then let me protect you” Mia said with a calmer voice grabbing her hands. The girl gasped and pulled her hands away. “No, I promised Douro I would not let anything get in the way!” Without warning she pressed her hand up against Mia’s chest and it morphed into a thick black tendril which ripped through Mia’s body. The tendril turned back into her arm inside her body and she clenched her fist.

Before she could pull it but Mia grabbed a hold of the part of the arm that wasn’t wedged through her form. “Got you” She faltered, giving her a weak smile.

Lucia’s expression changed dramatically. She became confused and shocked. She struggled to try and get her arm back but failed, causing her to panic more. Suddenly a needle pierced the side of her neck. She grabbed Mia’s shoulder with her free arm and attempted to fight the tranquiliser, but her vision got more and more blurred.

Mia slowly pulled the girl's arm out of her abdomen, blood rushing from the wound. She could feel the cold take over her. The pain struck her entire body which forced a scream out.

“Medic!” Dr. White screamed running over to them. A team of medics rushed over to the girls, they pulled Mia onto a stretcher and rapidly took her to the hospital. The intruder was taken to the labs for research.


© 2016 Davey-sama


Author's Note

Davey-sama
Please enjoy and let me know what you think.
-Dave c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016


Author

Davey-sama
Davey-sama

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Name's Dave. Nice to meet you. I like writing. more..

Writing
Dead Debut Dead Debut

A Chapter by Davey-sama